Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 11:21 AM

4,589 posts, read 13,180,882 times

Advertisements

It was good....long, but good. There were some pretty awesome scenes and some that dragged on too long...overall it was a good movie. I kinda expected it to be maybe a little better but, I can't say it was a total disapointment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2009, 01:39 PM

2,732 posts, read 6,776,549 times
I grew up with Transformers and the films are way too different than what ...
I remember.Movies like this seem pretty generic,lots of CGI,Explosions...
So i did see the 1st movie but i probably wont be seeing this one.

Old 06-25-2009, 01:50 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,659,930 times
Going to see it in IMAX this weekend.

Old 06-25-2009, 02:31 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,131,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Yeah the CGI was kinda overboard in this one. I didn't really follow the original series but on the first one I loved watching them transform. In this one it was so much going on you couldn't really see it all. Tyrese really didn't need to be in this one - he didn't really do anything except throw out some snappy one-liners.

Kind of like when they do a fight scene and keep clipping and moving so much you can't tell what the hell is going on?

I think Batman Returns really popularized that and it is almost sickening to watch (literally). If you are an unfortunate front'rower, you may be fortunate to taste your popcorn and sour patch kids twice!!!

Old 06-25-2009, 06:45 PM

1,364 posts, read 4,153,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Kind of like when they do a fight scene and keep clipping and moving so much you can't tell what the hell is going on?

I think Batman Returns really popularized that and it is almost sickening to watch (literally). If you are an unfortunate front'rower, you may be fortunate to taste your popcorn and sour patch kids twice!!!
Mmmm. Sour patch kids and popcorn. Salty, sweet, sour, gooey, and crunchy, all at the same time.

Old 06-25-2009, 06:58 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,280,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I'll get mine on bootleg- thanks
same here lol

I think we all can agree that Megan Fox can't act for ****, but she look good as hell. She's only eye candy, nothing else.

Old 06-26-2009, 04:54 AM

80 posts, read 156,265 times
I would rate it 6.7 out of 10. The CGI and fight scenes were amazing. The movie did drag on a bit, they should of condensed it and trash the college scenes. The acting was subpar and so was the dialogue. The humor in the movie was horrible, but there were several funny moments here and there. What really got me off to a bad taste were annoying talking autobots/decepitcons. Especially Mudflaps and skips. I cringed in several scenes such as the arguements amongst the characters. Overall Megan Fox is sexy and fighting robots are amazing.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:25 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,407,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhype View Post
Especially Mudflaps and skips. I cringed in several scenes such as the arguements amongst the characters.
Did they make you think of Shawn & Marlon Wayans?

Old 06-26-2009, 05:40 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,305,916 times
I was waiting to see this one- but this thread makes me think I could wait to see it on DVD. I did promise the little one we'd see it, so perhaps I'll catch it Monday morning during the matinee.

Old 06-26-2009, 09:54 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,327,643 times
I enjoyed the first one in the theatre when it came out, but rented it again about a month ago in anticipation of the release of Transformers 2. I was bored by it. Kept fast-forwarding and wanting it to hurry up, and I found myself irritated by some things. And then a few weeks ago I saw a clip of Transformers 2 that was different from the trailer, and I thought it was awful! Ugh. So now I'm not all that keen on going to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies