Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2012, 02:21 AM

2,898 posts, read 6,353,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRosa View Post
Carnage... A must see as far as I'm concerned sickly funny.
Thanks for the riminder, TR. I totally forgot about that movie. Love Polanski & all the actors are top notch. Glad you liked it, as sickly funny is right up my allow. One of the few DVD sets I own is 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'. Sickly funny, indeed.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:28 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,700,652 times
The Grey with Liam Neeson. Thumbs up!

Old 07-04-2012, 08:11 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,471,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Thanks for the riminder, TR. I totally forgot about that movie. Love Polanski & all the actors are top notch. Glad you liked it, as sickly funny is right up my allow. One of the few DVD sets I own is 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia'. Sickly funny, indeed.
I often indulge in watching that warped show. A side splitter indeed.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:17 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,751,445 times
Watched part of GoldenEye and Tomorrow Never Dies, both good James Bond movies. Also watched Lionheart.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:14 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,401,911 times
The Artist. It's actually a good movie, and I might just start watching some more.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
I often indulge in watching that warped show. A side splitter indeed.
Have you also tried 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais (he's not as unlikable in that series as some folks find him in general) or 'Spaced', another UK series with Simon Pegg & Belfast standup Michael Smiley as Tyres? If you like UK humor, give them a try... free episodes are online.

P.S. Sorry for all the typos in my last post. A touch of stomach flu & fitful sleep make one lose the inner spell check.

Happy July 4th!

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,471,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatanjaliTwist View Post
Have you also tried 'Extras' with Ricky Gervais (he's not as unlikable in that series as some folks find him in general) or 'Spaced', another UK series with Simon Pegg & Belfast standup Michael Smiley as Tyres? If you like UK humor, give them a try... free episodes are online.

P.S. Sorry for all the typos in my last post. A touch of stomach flu & fitful sleep make one lose the inner spell check.

Happy July 4th!
Adore Gervais, There was a movie I posted about, some months ago, that he stared in, the name of which escapes me. Something to do with not lying. No biggie about the typos, I've got my BS in them, working on my phd.

Old 07-06-2012, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Adore Gervais, There was a movie I posted about, some months ago, that he stared in, the name of which escapes me. Something to do with not lying. No biggie about the typos, I've got my BS in them, working on my phd.
Thanks for the info TR because although I've seen all his series & standup acts, I've never seen him in a movie. 'Invention of Lying' must be your reference. I'll have to check out his films.

Strangely, I must be the only person who hated 'The Office', both UK & US versions. Tried to watch each several times... can't make it through 15-min of fast forwarding. Not sure why because I love all his other work, although I know he grates on some, as does Russell Brand. Both are either adored or despised on both continents. For me, I've seen Brand in interviews & like his quirky, childlike persona. Standups... I'll get a few chuckles during 1-hr of material, but it's not enough to get me to look out for new work. I hear he's a decent actor, but a remake of 'Arthur' won't send me running to the theatre. First one was cute when I was a kid, but that kind of comedy isn't normally my cup of espresso.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:14 AM

1,823 posts, read 2,128,965 times
We saw Unstoppable with Denzel Washington the other night.

Thought it was a pretty solid action adventure movie----Denzel Washington always pretty solid.

Old 07-06-2012, 03:33 AM

2 posts, read 1,349 times
Default Betrayed

I was looking through some old VHS tapes to see what was on them and I found Betrayed, Starring Tom Berringer and Debra Winger. Not bad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies