Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 10:08 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,481,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
Exactly my reaction -- it was like the ending was tacked on because somebody thought the movie would be too dark if it ended immediately after the daughter was rescued.
I thought the whole set up required that kind of ending.

The Father brings her a karioki machine, her step Father buys her a no doubt thorough bred horse. He the real Father is somehow less then the Step Father.

The real Father has the abilities or as he said "special skills" to free his daughter but she still goes off with the two people who had the poor judgement to allow her to go Europe and put her life in jeopardy?

BUT then as sort of a way of redeeming himself in her eyes, he is able to give her a gift that is priceless, the gift of singing lessons, meeting a real singer etc. and posibly getting a record deal.

I think it sort of framed him out.

It might have been predictable but I like this kind of drama and as a parent I can understand the feeling that you will walk through fire and kill anyone who gets in your way to rescue your child.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 11:31 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,017,738 times
I finally watched this last night and thought it was a pretty good movie.

I thought the part where he had them translate the paper to say Good Luck to find who he was talking to on the phone was brilliant.

I thought the movie could of been a bit longer. There could of been more obstacles and his friends back home could of been called in to help. But, it was good even without that.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:49 AM

4,079 posts, read 10,416,804 times
I thought the movie was decent and exciting. The action in the movie I think overshadowed the dialogue- which tends to happen in action movies, but it was still pretty good

Old 05-28-2009, 02:42 PM

11,156 posts, read 29,383,168 times
my question is what happend to the girl he rescued that he got off drugs in the hotel did he just leave her in the hotel?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:01 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,274,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
All girls that age annoy the heck out of me.
kids should be banned from being in horror or action movies lol

Old 05-28-2009, 04:35 PM

8,746 posts, read 9,048,173 times
I just watched this movie a few days ago and I really liked it! Frankly, it was better than I thought it would be. The story was interesting, the pace was quick, and Liam Neeson did an outstanding job (as usual). This is definitely a movie I want to see again.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:08 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,481,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dave View Post
I just watched this movie a few days ago and I really liked it! Frankly, it was better than I thought it would be. The story was interesting, the pace was quick, and Liam Neeson did an outstanding job (as usual). This is definitely a movie I want to see again.
I love the way he calmly and efficiently cuts through the men in his way.

It really resonated with me, not that I have his talents but in how I would feel if someone took my daughter. Killing and torturing are definetly on the table when someone has my kid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies