Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 11:10 PM

4,277 posts, read 8,199,911 times

Advertisements

Yeah, I really don't like the comic book movies, but thought this was great.

That being said, while I thought Heath Ledger did a good job, I think any Oscar talk is a little too much...if he was alive, no one would be saying that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2009, 01:08 AM

5,528 posts, read 7,514,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
Just rented this. dont let the critics fool you. THIS MOVIE SUCKS! the last Batman movie, Batman Begins, was a much better movie. i dont know where critics are getting the idea that this film is somehow a cut above the usual comic book based garbage, but i can assure you it is not.

aside from the Joker, everything and everyone else in the movie is horrible. the plot can be best described as a bunch of s*** that happens. the action sequenses are filmed zoomed in so close that you cant even see what is happening - camera zooms in to Batmans chest, you hear some punches and whatnot, then you see a bad guy fall down - (inept directing).

all of the female roles in this film serve but one purpose, be some bimbos hanging off of Bruce Waynes arms or the female lead (who has not aged well since the last movie, btw), and that one purpose is to let the audience know that the male leads aren't gay.

which they are...

then you've got this Commissioner Gordon, who looks like a live action version of Ned Flanders, faking his own death including a funeral and having his wife and son think he was killed, for some reason. so that he could be one of 30 SWAT guys and take off his SWAT ski mask in dramatic fashion, i guess. i dunno. it was certainly a nice believable touch, though.

last thing is that the film just seemed campier than the last one. everything felt kinda cheezy. particularly Batman's costume and mask seemed like a poorly fitting cheap rubber version.

Heath Ledger did a really good job as the Joker. too bad the entire movie outside of him was a total piece of s***.
Heath made the movie what it is....a blockbuster hit!

I'm pretty sure everyone saw it because of the joker, nobody gave 3 f*cks about the rest .

Old 01-02-2009, 08:47 AM

5,765 posts, read 11,023,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IonRedline08 View Post
Yeah, I really don't like the comic book movies, but thought this was great.

That being said, while I thought Heath Ledger did a good job, I think any Oscar talk is a little too much...if he was alive, no one would be saying that

I completely disagree. That was downright one of the best acting performances ever. I never once saw Heath in that movie, not because of the makeup but because he was so conformed into the joker that you had no choice but to see him as only the Joker. No actor has ever done that to me.

Old 07-16-2010, 04:36 PM

314 posts, read 415,239 times
ok....... maybe you just dont like that kind of movie. the only person who was annoying was batman and his voice. quite a few people liked it the story plot was fine

Old 07-18-2010, 04:12 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,046,662 times
if this is a fill in the blank, then Dark KNight ___________________sucks

Old 07-18-2010, 10:00 AM

8,759 posts, read 9,494,117 times
When it comes to action movies, which are the only thing I will pay to see in a theater, it's all about the visuals and sound. So rating on the formentioned this movie rated a ten for me, Keith Ledger also, LOVED HIM!. I saw it first in the theater and basically I bought the DVD,(ebay,) just so I can experience the sounds and visual effects as often as I so choose. Of course ny new complex is a no go on that, neighbors nixed that one for me. sigh.

I fast forward through many parts of the movie, but the motor cycle, blow em up, car chase scenes. . Can't wait to move so I can't blast away.

Old 10-12-2010, 05:50 AM

44 posts, read 54,288 times
Very good, but a bit too long. The Joker was clearly the star of the movie. Any scene with him in it was better than any without him. Great plot, great acting...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies