Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2021, 08:23 AM

40,956 posts, read 49,260,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I'm looking forward to seeing it at the movie house & also interested in who the new 007 will be. I don't care what color or gender, just give us a good storey.
James Bond is a white macho male.

Now if they want to spin off his Black Daughter Jamie Bond, maybe someone somewhere might watch it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2021, 08:27 AM

643 posts, read 354,764 times
I don't know how long 007 series will continue since Eason Hunt is the American 007 and MI series is quickly catching up--eight ones now.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:17 AM

12,396 posts, read 8,180,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
I don't know how long 007 series will continue since Eason Hunt is the American 007 and MI series is quickly catching up--eight ones now.
Assuming that there isn't another court fight over who owns the rights it will never end. It might morph into what is now direct to video lower budget and expectations stuff but the owners will keep picking at the carcass and eventually sell it off to someone else trying to get a share.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:58 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,629,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoot002 View Post
Ethan.

Old 09-30-2021, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Is there a generation "looking for their next Bond fix?"
Nope. Time to put it to bed.

And Roger Moore is still my favorite Bond.

Old 09-30-2021, 10:16 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Nope. Time to put it to bed.
May be. Bond was born out of the Cold War and seems more and more of a relic every year.

And it's kinda hard to relate to a guy fighting nefarious global conspiracies when real-world governments and corporations are evil enough on their own these days. Not sure how a guy like James Bond fits into today's world.

Quote:
And Roger Moore is still my favorite Bond.
Everyone is entitled to one incorrect opinion.

"Look, it's the four pillars of the male heterosexual psyche. We like: naked women, stockings, lesbians, and Sean Connery best as James Bond. Because that is what being a boy is. And if you don't like it, darling, join a film collective." (Steve Taylor on Coupling)

Old 09-30-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
May be. Bond was born out of the Cold War and seems more and more of a relic every year.
1) The Craig Bond franchise has updated the concept as far as it can go. It wiped away the residue of the underwhelming Brosnan years (no offense, but I think he got there a little late).

2) The cup runneth full. The thirst hath been slaked.

3) M:I is still going, and very successful (no, I don't hit the theaters for those).

Quote:
Everyone is entitled to one incorrect opinion.
I'm sure yours is Connery, which is fine. He has the most fans. It's a generational thing.

Btw, you can't have an "incorrect" favorite.

Quote:
"Look, it's the four pillars of the male heterosexual psyche. We like: naked women, stockings, lesbians, and Sean Connery best as James Bond. Because that is what being a boy is. And if you don't like it, darling, join a film collective." (Steve Taylor on Coupling)
Roger was also a dashing gent, had a great voice, and didn't have to wear a rug.

"Bond...James Bond." He said it the best. Deal with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbv91xYrLE

Old 09-30-2021, 10:47 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
1) The Craig Bond franchise has updated the concept as far as it can go. It wiped away the residue of the underwhelming Brosnan years (no offense, but I think he got there a little late).
Agreed. I enjoyed the first few Brosnan flicks. The problems with those movies was not Brosnan but the scripts. The last couple were REALLY goofy.

Quote:
3) M:I is still going, and very successful (no, I don't hit the theaters for those).
I think I have only seen the first two. Meh. I don't dislike them. But they don't particularly excite me.

Quote:
Roger was also a dashing gent
Yeah, and I think that's why he didn't work for me. Bond shouldn't be a "gent." Even amidst all the Armani suits and cognac, Bond needs an air of danger about him. Moore never did. And it didn't help that out of all the Moore films, I think I really only liked two of them. I still love FOR YOUR EYES ONLY and THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. All the rest of the Moore flicks range from the mediocre to the bad.

Old 09-30-2021, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Agreed. I enjoyed the first few Brosnan flicks. The problems with those movies was not Brosnan but the scripts. The last couple were REALLY goofy.
All of them are goofy.

Quote:
Yeah, and I think that's why he didn't work for me. Bond shouldn't be a "gent." Even amidst all the Armani suits and cognac, Bond needs an air of danger about him. Moore never did. And it didn't help that out of all the Moore films, I think I really only liked two of them. I still love FOR YOUR EYES ONLY and THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN. All the rest of the Moore flicks range from the mediocre to the bad.
What was that again about being entitled to one incorrect opinion?

Old 09-30-2021, 01:36 PM

13,584 posts, read 15,686,495 times
The director of this film stated that Bond was a rapist. That tells me all I need to know -- I will not be seeing this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies