Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2021, 04:33 AM

10,881 posts, read 4,403,580 times

Advertisements

Rocky IV Director's Cut should be brilliant, because its the best "action movie" but now will be enhanced in other areas as Stallone adds some deep scenes (and maybe cuts out the robot?).
And the opening credits of Rocky V were spectacular, easily the best in the history of Hollywood, because it enhanced the atmosphere of the Drago fight (which was already epic to begin with).
I saw this in the cinema, and it was like bombs going off with each punch-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMRj01YW6CQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2021, 08:14 AM

1,711 posts, read 793,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Creed??!!

You officially have the worst taste in movies ever. No soup for you!
Coming from the cinematic genius who actually thinks Rocky V is good, I'll take that as a compliment. What illegal substances are you putting in your soup that would ever lead you to make such a statement? There are about 311 critical reviews and over 50,000 Audience reviews that were done on both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes which rated Creed 95% and 89% respectively. Everybody seemed to like it accept for you and the MAGA OP. I wonder why

Rocky V was the most thrown together, last minute, poorly written crap ever and the fact that you actually liked it begs the question of, have you ever even seen a Rocky movie before. Or any movie for that matter. Next thing you'll be telling us is that Burgess Meredith was the worst actor in the series, and that Tommy Morrison should have been nominated for an Oscar. Cut your mic

Old 07-24-2021, 08:49 AM

My favorite actor is John David Washington.
That's why I dislike Creed so much, because its such a missed opportunity, casting an empty pod like Michael B. Jordan.....the most boring actor of all-time, plus his fight scenes were the most boring I've ever seen on film.
Ironic that the son of Apollo Creed would be so dull, in the ring and outside the ring, zero charisma.

Old 07-24-2021, 10:12 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Rocky IV Director's Cut should be brilliant, because its the best "action movie"
Rocky III is a better film, overall. IV borders on camp at times.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:29 AM

7,343 posts, read 4,390,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerlingHitchcockJPeele View Post
Coming from the cinematic genius who actually thinks Rocky V is good, I'll take that as a compliment. What illegal substances are you putting in your soup that would ever lead you to make such a statement? There are about 311 critical reviews and over 50,000 Audience reviews that were done on both Metacritic and Rotten Tomatoes which rated Creed 95% and 89% respectively. Everybody seemed to like it accept for you and the MAGA OP. I wonder why

Rocky V was the most thrown together, last minute, poorly written crap ever and the fact that you actually liked it begs the question of, have you ever even seen a Rocky movie before. Or any movie for that matter. Next thing you'll be telling us is that Burgess Meredith was the worst actor in the series, and that Tommy Morrison should have been nominated for an Oscar. Cut your mic
I'm sorry you can't take a little joking.

How many of those reviews were by people over age 20 and how many of THEM have never seen another Rocky movie?

I can accept that nobody else like Rocky V. I'm not the one with my panties in a bunch. I've been a huge Rocky fan for 35 years and collectively I've watched them a couple hundred times. And if you'd read the prior postsisaid the original was the best. Take a pill dude.

Creed is absolutely terrible.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I agree, that's why I said "action movie".
Rocky IV is only great in the action department (but Stallone can change that this year).
Rocky III has some of the best dramatic scenes of the series.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:33 AM

Quote:
III and IV are both special to me because I was a little kid when thet came out so thet introduced me to Rocky. And working out, never giving up, etc.

But, as soon as I saw I, II and yes, V, thet took a back seat. Even though II is still a bummer for me. It just never really gets going.

Rocky and First Blood are both in my all time top 6.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:29 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,640,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madison999 View Post
Rocky and First Blood are both in my all time top 6.
Do yourself a favor and never watch Last Blood.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Do yourself a favor and never watch Last Blood.
I wasn't expecting much from that one and was still very disappointed . Saw it in the theater.

Old 07-24-2021, 12:54 PM

24,775 posts, read 11,121,142 times
Movies are like pizza dough - you can stretch them so far.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies