Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2020, 07:45 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I have only seen her in one movie: THE RUNAWAYS. It's not a good movie at all. But Kristen Stewart is great in it.
Did she alternate between sulking and devoid of any emotion in that film? Because she's pretty good in that limited range.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2020, 07:56 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Did she alternate between sulking and devoid of any emotion in that film? Because she's pretty good in that limited range.
I have only seen it once, and that was four or five years ago. It's really a rather bad movie. But I remember thinking that Kristen Stewart was the only good thing in it. Her portrayal of Joan Jett was excellent. Too bad the script never rose to the occasion.

In the world of biopics, THE RUNAWAYS is one of the worst I have seen. But it had nothing to do with the actors. The script was a mess.

Old 08-19-2020, 08:23 AM

1,386 posts, read 999,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Yep. The movie I most identify her with is Adventureland. I really liked that movie, and she was okay in it. But the character she played was tragic/misunderstood and sulking/bored. Which is basically the only character I've ever seen her play. I think she's simply the flavor du jour.....

--

Old 08-19-2020, 08:39 AM

22,921 posts, read 28,263,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill790 View Post
Yep. The movie I most identify her with is Adventureland. I really liked that movie, and she was okay in it. But the character she played was tragic/misunderstood and sulking/bored. Which is basically the only character I've ever seen her play. I think she's simply the flavor du jour.....

--
Speaking of Adventureland, I have never seen Jesse Eisenburg in anything where I didn't want to punch him. Is it that he only plays extremely annoying characters, or is he an extremely annoying actor?

Old 08-19-2020, 08:54 AM

7,594 posts, read 6,084,440 times
WELL Speaking of Annoying, Today. August 19th, is annual international (intergalactic?) TALK LIKE JAR JAR BINKS day.

SO Mesa posted da link tada translator hair

https://talklikejarjarday.com

Old 08-19-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Speaking of Adventureland, I have never seen Jesse Eisenburg in anything where I didn't want to punch him. Is it that he only plays extremely annoying characters, or is he an extremely annoying actor?
Yep, he is kind of an annoying actor. Which is why he was perfect for The Social Network. Perfect actor to play the ultra-annoying Mark Zuckerburg......

--

Old 08-19-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
WELL Speaking of Annoying, Today. August 19th, is annual international (intergalactic?) TALK LIKE JAR JAR BINKS day.

SO Mesa posted da link tada translator hair
Okay, that post was annoying....

--

Old 08-19-2020, 08:08 PM

26,723 posts, read 26,798,919 times
Quote:
I have only seen her in one movie: THE RUNAWAYS. It's not a good movie at all. But Kristen Stewart is great in it.

I have never watched any of the TWILIGHT movies, because I'm not a 13 year old girl.
Watch her in Clouds of Sils Maria, Into the Wild, or Still Alice. (Forget Twilight; she was a kid then.) She's phenomenal, and she keeps getting better as she gets older.

Old 08-21-2020, 05:11 PM

5,117 posts, read 2,161,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Adam Sandler always kinda annoyed me too, but I can’t put a finger on why.

Bingo! Still not sure he has enough talent to be in Hollywood but years later, here we are! I don't get it. For me, he's right up there with Pauly Shore. I'll throw Sandler's good buddy David Spade in the caldron to keep Sandler company.

Old 08-24-2020, 06:33 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,915 times
I would say the treatment of Meryl Streep annoys me. Her role in a movie could literally be her sneezing once in a scene and she would still get an Oscar nomination that year for it. So annoying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies