Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 12:03 AM

357 posts, read 125,816 times

Advertisements

What are some actors and actresses you have run into in random places; if so, did you get a chance to have a conversation with them.

last year, I saw one of the actors from the show The Wire. He was with his family..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2020, 04:12 AM

1,584 posts, read 984,524 times
While walking near the old location of the Whitney Museum in NYC, Woody Allen and Soon Yi Previn passed by me on the sidewalk going in the other direction.

My understanding is that he likes to keep to himself, so I just politely nodded and smiled while walking past.

Old 05-24-2020, 05:24 AM

11,762 posts, read 14,675,748 times
One night when we were in New York City with my parents for a play we ran into Malachy McCourt, whom my parents knew. He's mostly a stage actor and bon vivant, although he's probably best known as the brother of Frank McCourt, who wrote Angela's Ashes.

There was another time when we were in the city for a play and my parents got us into Sardi's. The entire cast of Happy Days were there because they were in the city for a charity softball game or something.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:39 AM

1,658 posts, read 2,698,000 times
Actors or Actresses that you have run into in the streets.

While driving in Studio City I almost ran into Ed Asner, but he moved out of the way in time. He probably wasn't in the mood to talk.

Old 05-29-2020, 11:49 AM

3,346 posts, read 2,209,759 times
Stood in a theater line with Penn Jillette (SF). Sat at the next table to a very elderly James Whitmore (Marin County). Shared a diner with Chris Rock (LA, natch). Bumped into Tony Serra in Bolinas. Have met many big name authors over the years (Connie Willis embarrassed me in a large crowd). And spent a long social engagement with a roomful of legends, including Tom Waits, John Prine, Sturgill Simpson and Jim Jarmusch.

Old 05-29-2020, 02:21 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,168,952 times
I met Jane Fonda in the Tallahassee airport coffee shop in 1971. My girlfriend had flown up from Miami to spend the weekend with me and Fonda had appeared on campus addressing some rally on Sunday. I took my girlfriend to the airport for her return flight on Monday, and there was Fonda sitting by herself. We said hello and introduced ourselves, she invited us to sit with her. She was friendly until she learned that we had not bothered to attend the rally. Then her flight was called and that was that.

I've seen a few others in the Curtain Call bar across the street from San Francisco's ACT Theater, that was where the actors hung out after performances. Pernell Roberts, Nanette Fabre and Rene Auberjonois were there when I was.

When I was nine and my family was taking my grandfather to the airport for a trip to Europe, there in the concourse was Duncan Renaldo, TV's Cisco Kid. He was dressed in his full Cisco Kid costume, but he looked a lot older than he did on the tube.

And as I have related elsewhere, Paul Sorvino once was seated in the row in front of me, watching his movie "I Will, I Will...For Now."

Old 05-29-2020, 07:31 PM

1,950 posts, read 706,159 times
Years ago at work, we were setting up barriers in NYC because Pres. Obama was coming. A man with a funny voice
asked me, "What time is he coming?" I said, "4:30." Then he said, "He likes that hotel" I said, "Yes, he does." I was
busy working and half paying attention to him. After he left, it dawned on me who he was. It was Harvey Fierstein!

Another time while working in downtown Brooklyn, a thin woman walked by me. She was wearing bell bottoms, a winter hat & coat, had a bohemian look to her. I thought, "She looks very familiar." Then I knew - Maggie Gyllenhaal. She lived down there.

Old 05-29-2020, 08:05 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,424,866 times
Yeah, Sardi's my bad, still have the ashtray.

What a great idea for thread --3 from either One Life to Live or All My Children..forget their names -Oh Natalie, Peter Bergman and ?
1 from General Hosp at breakfast in Sante Fe ---Scotties brother, a doctor. Talked to him.

Black guy from Miami Vice, P M Thomas, talked to him, nice guy.
Bobby Preston in Las Vegas with his son ---after I had just seen him opening for Don Rickles ---I told him
HE was why I went to the show! (He wrote - "You Are So Beautiful,btw) So gracious.
(Btw, I was an attractive blonde
Michael Nouri - Flashdance talked with him 2 times.
Jack Nickelson - after me breaking down on the way to Aspen. Nice guy.

Cheating with good close friends:

Friend - had NO idea she was in a small plane offered to her and her child by Marlon Brandon in Alaska.
Friend- picked up Sydney Pollack at the airport --all she could talk about was he silly amateur film maker boyfriend.
Sis in law ---omg - Linda Gray from Dallas farting in the car from airport
Opening the door at Ted Danson's house (for her Charity Fundraiser)- for Danny Divito and wife ---and she blurts out --
"And here are the little people people" (She is tall.) He glared.

Also, she said Kirstie Alley was pretty... 'not very nice'.
Also, Kevin Kostner again for her Fundraiser Non-Profit from airport. SHE had a hard time cuz was right after he dumped his wife.

Oh god, can't rem them all ---Oh the band Poco! -Oh gees, in the 70s don't ask!
Then my friend had sex with James Taylor.
Oh, my catering friend in LA - her whole story with Lloyd Bridges, Jeff, and then at Arnold's. (!!!)

God , my memory- my buddy Paul on a remote mountain one way trail ---in Buhan or someplace? The Dalai Lama
being carried down in a hand held lifted thing...like Cleopatra!

Old 05-29-2020, 08:16 PM

3,346 posts, read 2,209,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Yeah, Sardi's my bad, still have the ashtray.
Well, I like Sardi's... because of one experience. We went in one evening more or less just to check it off the list of NYC traditions... and were very deferentially shown to one of the elevated booths and waited on with great soliciousness. Other couples of about our age and other equivalence were herded to the tables in the middle.

The only thing I can figure is that at that time especially, I had a very "established rock star" look, unusual for the time (== fashionably out of step because I could get away with it) and I was mistaken for, well, someone important. I was careful to pay with all the cash we had on us rather than give a credit card and name. But I treasure the memory. (It happened again much more recently, with a very famous entertainer... but that's another story.)

Old 05-29-2020, 08:29 PM

11,087 posts, read 17,573,190 times
In the late 80s Bruce Willis was in the movie "In Country" being filmed in my hometown, mainly because the author, Bobbie Ann Mason, is from there. My parents got to talk to his costar, Emily Lloyd for a few minutes. She's British and had to take a few weeks of classes at University of Kentucky to switch from her British accent to the western Kentucky "twang". They said she was really friendly.

Everybody kept looking for Demi Moore to show up around town. She flew in from California to be with Bruce and went in labor, giving birth to daughter #1, Rumor Glenn, in Paducah, Ky. Heard she stayed out of Mayfield during the filming but all 3 of them flew back to California after the hospital dismissed them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies