Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2020, 08:41 AM

16,470 posts, read 12,709,492 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Here's something I never thought of till the play. It's a very dark play bc they are trying to manage a color illusion.

A guy sitting in the row down from us had a smart watch.
He kept putting his hands behind his head, flashing his bright watch face at us over and over.
I wish more people would utilize the "theater mode" that is on most smart watches.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2020, 12:15 PM

12,881 posts, read 15,222,631 times
I go to the movies 2-3 times a month. I try to go during $6 Tuesdays at one theatre & the 1st showing of the day at $6 & change at another brand theatre. I live very closeby both types.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:18 PM

19,276 posts, read 27,972,769 times
Nope, done with that. I have 75 incher plus very good sound system and, pretty much, any new release in short time. Though I do appreciate IMAX 3D stuff, nothing saves money better and feels as comfortable, as well formed to you couch and "my home is my castle".

Old 01-13-2020, 12:23 PM

12,881 posts, read 15,222,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Nope, done with that. I have 75 incher plus very good sound system and, pretty much, any new release in short time. Though I do appreciate IMAX 3D stuff, nothing saves money better and feels as comfortable, as well formed to you couch and "my home is my castle".
Sounds great! With what you have, who needs the movies?! I wish I had that because I LOVE TV...it's one of life's simple pleasures IMO.

Old 01-13-2020, 12:55 PM

6,727 posts, read 10,022,228 times
I did. As a little kid, we went to the Saturday matinee every week. Newsreel, cartoon, coming attractions, chapter and double feature. Ten cents. Such a deal!

As a teen, everybody went on Friday night. We hung out in the "girls' room" and smoked. Saturday was date night and if you were allowed, you went with your boyfriend. If you weren't allowed, you met your boyfriend in the balcony.

As a parent, we lived a long bus ride away from the closest theater so, no.

The last time I was in an actual movie theater was 24 years ago. Took a granddaughter on her thirteenth birthday to see Harriet the Spy. She's now 37, so, no.

Old 01-18-2020, 07:42 AM

2,634 posts, read 2,703,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
We splurged this year and got a nice sound system. I really can't see why I would go to the movie theater anymore. In all respects the sound quality is way better at home, it'll knock your socks off if you want it to.

I can buy the movie cheaper than taking my family to the movie theater and get a better experience.

Old 01-18-2020, 09:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,675,282 times
I don't go more than 2-3 times a year. I do enjoy it when I go but . . with streaming services and a home projector system; it just doesn't usually seem worth the money.

My son still comes home for the holidays and we go usually on Thanksgiving Day and sometime over Christmas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies