Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2019, 11:37 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,630,365 times

Advertisements

https://twitter.com/ScottMendelson/s...89924216872960
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2019, 11:58 AM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
So will Marvel's inevitable Fantastic Four reboot be able to compete with that?
I seriously doubt it. Especially if Feige is still at the helm or Whedon is in any way involved.

I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Old 01-02-2019, 12:07 PM

157 posts, read 91,670 times
We saw this over the holiday break. Pretty decent installment in the DC universe though these superhero movies are becoming kind of played out for me. Never the less it was on par with Wonder Woman and some of the Marvel successes. My main complaint is now everyone thinks my Poseidon tattoo is freaking Aquaman! No, that's not Momoa on my forearm...@#$%*&

lol

Old 01-02-2019, 12:19 PM

1,765 posts, read 4,353,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
That would make for a short movie. Maybe you'll like the Ant-Man movies better?

It was all laid out in the open for you.

To Orm, Arthur is the "bastard son" his mother had with a surface dweller. He's a half-blood. Orm doesn't regard Arthur as "royalty." Orm sees himself as the heir and Arthur is a threat because he, too, can take the throne if he challenges him and wins (Orm even says this stuff out loud). As we learn later, Vulko has also been conspiring with Arthur and Mera, and Orm's reveal that he knows this is followed by the guards taking him away ("Make sure he has a view."). Orm wants to enact a reprise of the Great Flood. The mission is to stop him.

In a nutshell.

Okay okay ...maybe 30 minutes shorter.

There were some spectacular sea creatures, I will grant that. Remind me which one was the one Julie Andrews voiced? Was that the huge huge thing guarding the real trident toward the end? I usually am a credits reader but our group sprinted for the exit so I didn't get to see who was whom.

I have read there is an Aquaman sequel planned...obviously I see that Arthur and Orm have unfinished business so that would be a big part of it. I am unclear if Black Manta is "dead dead" or might be in a sequel as well?

Old 01-02-2019, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catfancier View Post
There were some spectacular sea creatures, I will grant that. Remind me which one was the one Julie Andrews voiced? Was that the huge huge thing guarding the real trident toward the end? I usually am a credits reader but our group sprinted for the exit so I didn't get to see who was whom.
Spoiler
Yes, Andrews was the voice of the Karathen.

Quote:
I have read there is an Aquaman sequel planned...obviously I see that Arthur and Orm have unfinished business so that would be a big part of it. I am unclear if Black Manta is "dead dead" or might be in a sequel as well?
There was a mid-credits scene.

Spoiler
Black Manta is found adrift at sea and rescued. He'll likely be the main antagonist in Aquaman 2.

Old 01-02-2019, 01:38 PM

https://twitter.com/GiteshPandya/sta...44767434506241

Old 01-02-2019, 03:57 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
And yes why did OceanMaster hate Arthur for simply being born -- not his fault.
He explained that in detail: Because his mother was willing to die for the son that was only a half-breed.

Now, if that doesn't seem like sufficient justification for you, it's because you are not a villain.

Old 01-03-2019, 01:05 PM

https://twitter.com/HolyBatCast/stat...15155611934720

Old 01-03-2019, 01:37 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,695,430 times
So, did anyone actually read Aquaman comics as a kid? Prior to this movie, did kids know who Aquaman was? I know the name but don't really remember him being even really on the radar. I would assume that he would have been like maybe a "C" list superhero in the comic book world, as far as popularity and name-recognition prior to the movie.

Old 01-03-2019, 02:03 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,837,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardine8 View Post
So, did anyone actually read Aquaman comics as a kid? Prior to this movie, did kids know who Aquaman was? I know the name but don't really remember him being even really on the radar. I would assume that he would have been like maybe a "C" list superhero in the comic book world, as far as popularity and name-recognition prior to the movie.
I'd say he was a C hero during the Silver Age when I was most actively reading. He was mostly a member of the Justice League for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies