Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 04:27 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,941,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Wasn't thrilled with the 2014 remake. I will wait for Pacific Rim 2 or the new Japanese Kaiju films. Or watch Gamera. Cant beat a Monster turtle!
This is basically a version of Destroy All Monsters rather than a "true" Godzilla sequel. I hope that Mothra can get its own spin-off from this. Mothra is my second favorite Kaiju.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2018, 03:29 PM

22,934 posts, read 28,318,079 times
Vera Farmiga Talks Her "Godzilla" Character - Dark Horizons

Old 07-12-2018, 05:21 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,630,365 times
HOLY @#$%&*!!!!

Old 07-12-2018, 05:32 PM

Godzilla: King of the Monsters: See Millie Bobby Brown, Vera Farmiga in first look | EW.com

Quote:
About five years have passed in Godzilla: King of the Monsters (out May 31, 2019) since the events depicted in 2014’s Godzilla. Which isn’t nearly enough time for people to stop freaking out about the discovery that they share the planet with a gargantuan lizard.

“The world is reacting to Godzilla in the same way we would react to any other terrifying incident, in that we are overreacting,” says director Michael Dougherty, whose previous credits include the horror movie Krampus. Godzilla hasn’t been seen since that destructive finale, “but there’s paranoia and endless speculation about whether he is the only one out there or whether we’re threatened by others like his kind.”

King of the Monsters makes it enormously clear that there are other big beasts, notably the three-headed King Ghidorah, the giant insect Mothra, and another flying monster, Rodan, who in the original Japanese movies could create hurricane-force winds.

“Rodan’s been kind of a sidekick character, but I’ve always had a soft spot for him” says Dougherty. “In a lot of ways he’s more powerful than Godzilla. He’s like this winged A-bomb. I think we’ve done him justice.”
But let’s not forget Godzilla himself, who reveals he has the ability to exhale “atomic breath.” Can Dougherty expand on that description? “Not without giving away too much,” he laughs. “But it takes place at a very key moment and it’s a sort of call to arms.”
Hot damn. I can't wait. I hope the trailer lands next weekend.

Old 07-13-2018, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
HOLY @#$%&*!!!!
Big G is looking kinda chubby. I know it takes extra bulk to support all that weight, but I'm thinking he needs to lay off whale snacks for a while. Too much blubber in your diet will do that.

Old 07-13-2018, 07:22 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I care when it's Vera Farmiga!
Vera is great in anything she does. Lots of acting range.

Old 07-13-2018, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
Big G is looking kinda chubby. I know it takes extra bulk to support all that weight, but I'm thinking he needs to lay off whale snacks for a while. Too much blubber in your diet will do that.
That one image already looks better than most of the 2014 movie. The VFX are going to be somethin' else!

Old 07-13-2018, 09:15 AM

Quote:
That one image already looks better than most of the 2014 movie. The VFX are going to be somethin' else!
I still like the 2014 flick. Yeah, it had its problems. Most notably focusing on two very uninteresting leads. But Cranston and Watanabe were great, and I liked that the movie took its time to reveal the monsters.

A great movie? No. Not by a long shot. But it doesn't deserve the drubbing it sometimes gets.

Old 07-13-2018, 10:37 AM

I, too, like Gareth Edwards' Godzilla. It took its subject(s) seriously. The slow burn was great. I didn't expect much from AT-J and EO, but they did fine. The only part that sucked was the gratuitous, if brief, Vegas scene.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
I didn't expect much from AT-J and EO, but they did fine.
They were what spoiled the movie for me. Nothing against the actors. But the script never brought them to life. It seemed to me that the quality writing went into Cranston and Watanabe's role, then someone in the Marketing Department said, "What? Two old guys? Who cares if they're brilliant actors and have great character arcs? Throw in two pretty people! Quick!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies