Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2017, 12:02 PM

8,609 posts, read 5,631,528 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
A whole lot of people--myself included--were quite relieved by the slower paced moments of dialog interspersed with the action, instead of constant comic book action throughout. And the sail boat scene has been particularly noted as many people's favorite (especially women).
I really liked the "downtime" in the film. It was perfectly paced.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2017, 01:33 PM

1,379 posts, read 1,763,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
I really liked the "downtime" in the film. It was perfectly paced.
I agree.

Old 06-09-2017, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I'm betting we'll see Wonder Woman as the break-out franchise in the DCU, playing similar to the Captain America series in the MCU, but at a higher level since the public and fans are already used to the idea of shared universes. If this first film can already top $600+ million and might make it to $700 million, then a worthy sequel could climb toward the $800-900 million range, and that's the sort of thing the studio is aiming for. So while Patty Jenkins has other projects lined up and -- as I explained earlier this week -- won't be jumping into a Wonder Woman sequel immediately, you can be sure a sequel will happen and that Warner will do everything necessary to fast-track it as soon as possible.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#fcbeba716fbe

Old 06-09-2017, 12:57 PM

22,937 posts, read 28,322,594 times
I'm thrilled the movie is a hit, but that article sums up why I hate FORBES movie reviews: All they care about is the $$$. That attitude is part of the reason Hollywood churns out so many bad movies.

Old 06-09-2017, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I'm thrilled the movie is a hit, but that article sums up why I hate FORBES movie reviews: All they care about is the $$$. That attitude is part of the reason Hollywood churns out so many bad movies.
Dude, it's Forbes. They're supposed to talk numbers. They're not Entertainment Weekly. Hughes' 'views (see what I did?) are always worth reading, though.

Wait...did you just say Hollywood cares about money and little else?

Old 06-09-2017, 09:16 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,724,849 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loJi...ushpmg00000313

https://www.yahoo.com/news/great-gai...090842940.html

Quote:
“Wonder Woman†fans got the treat of a lifetime last week when the film’s stars walked into a film screening to surprise a theater filled with viewers.

A New York City screening of the film was running 30 minutes behind schedule, The New York Daily News’ Joe Dziemianowicz reported. But all was understood once Gal Gadot and Chris Pine walked in.

Old 06-09-2017, 10:39 PM

512 posts, read 322,513 times
I am beyond thrilled: a DCEU film that is a critical hit as well as a commercial hit??? Well, I’ll be darned!! And it could not have happened to a lovelier combo than Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot. The film has so much heart, charm, and soul!!! and Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman. She embodies the essence of the character with astonishing ease and poise. I LOVE this film. Cannot wait for the sequel!!!

Old 06-10-2017, 12:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,944,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFtrEFkt View Post
Tweet Marvel. Iron Man's origin is inspired by Batman. (Don't believe me? Ask Stan Lee.)
And today it is even worse with some. The most original character to debut in the last 20 years is the current Ms. Marvel.

Quote:
In fact, Moon Knight is coming to Netflix. A true Batman clone. Rich guy with alter ego (plus an additional one, as a cabbie, which I found hilarious...where does he find the time?). Instead of a batarang, MK throws a crescent. Instead of a flowing black cape, his is silver.
Moon Knight is a multiple personality disorder version of Batman. Don't get me wrong, he is VERY MUCH a Batman ripoff, but he was a CIA operative rather than a "rich guy." The "rich guy" was one of his many multiple personalities.

Quote:
(And don't get me started on Nighthawk.)
The one Sylvester Stallone played?

Quote:
I don't think I need to say this again, but Civil War is a direct response to BvS. "Batman versus Superman?! Forget the Serpent Society! Guys! We need Iron Man versus Captain America...pronto!!"
If I remember the story that is talked about correctly, The Russo Brothers wanted Civil War to be their second Captain America movie, after doing The Winter Soldier. Fiege said no. Then as time got closer he decided to do it. Also if I am not mistaken Serpent Society was also a "troll name" for The Winter Soldier as well.

Quote:
We've seen plenty. It needs a break.
And if the trope works, we will continue to see it. We will even see it we didn't. As for me, I'm not looking forward to DC movies going forward. I'm one for four liking if not loving it off the bat. Marvel typically his home runs every time with Thor: The Dark World being a rare exception.

Old 06-10-2017, 01:22 PM

512 posts, read 322,513 times
Saw it again today (my fourth time!) and I cannot believe I cried at the same points in the film as the first time I saw it. The movie has such an emotionally resonant core, and I am incredibly in awe of Patty Jenkins, Gal Gadot, and Chris Pine, for taking the audience on such an amazing journey.

BTW, the film is expected, on weekend 2, to have a weekend-to-weekend box office decrease of less than 50 %, which would be not only the very first DCEU to do this, but one of only a handful of superhero films to do that. It is a testament to the fantastic word of mouth that Wonder Woman is generating.

Old 06-10-2017, 04:24 PM

28,690 posts, read 18,842,628 times
Of all the DC and Marvel universe films, this is the first one I would have turned right around immediately and bought another ticket to see a second time. (Star Wars--only A New Hope and Rogue One would have done that.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies