Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2008, 12:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,218,146 times

Advertisements

Liked the motel scenes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2008, 03:27 PM

17,765 posts, read 39,788,341 times
A couple odd observations on my part:

Feet=death

Did anyone else notice that Carla Jean & Llewelyn's trailer was the same trailer as H.I. and Ed's in Raising Arizona??

Old 03-30-2008, 03:10 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,636,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post
wanna know what's wierd is that i live in the area where much of the movie is shot. so when i was watching the movie, i was like - holy ****, i'm from there. i know those mountains. i know that stretch of Highway 67 between Marfa and Presidio. i live in Presidio, btw - until Saturday when i move to Washington, thank God.
Washington certainly should be a nicer area. I am not a big lover of desserts, but this area looked so hot, remote and dusty,all that greenery will do your lungs good.

Old 03-30-2008, 04:27 PM

Just finished the movie this afternoon. I thought the ending was brilliant!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:09 PM

2,541 posts, read 11,346,847 times
I just saw the movie saturday night

I think the movie is terrible

Someone tell why it is supposed to be good

The action scenes were not enough

The coin flipping is dumb, and I could hardly understand a thing Javier or Tommy Lee said

How come they did not show the gunfight when Llewelyn dies? ( or was that erased from the DVD version )

What was the purpose of Javier getting in a car crash at the end?

The only good part about this movie is the silenced shotgun, and the the captive bolt piston

It was not suspenseful or dramatic

Or is it just because I read a spoiler before I watched the movie

Last edited by NJ Chutzpah; 03-30-2008 at 10:35 PM..

Old 03-31-2008, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
I just saw the movie saturday night

I think the movie is terrible

Someone tell why it is supposed to be good

The action scenes were not enough

The coin flipping is dumb, and I could hardly understand a thing Javier or Tommy Lee said

How come they did not show the gunfight when Llewelyn dies? ( or was that erased from the DVD version )

What was the purpose of Javier getting in a car crash at the end?

The only good part about this movie is the silenced shotgun, and the the captive bolt piston

It was not suspenseful or dramatic

Or is it just because I read a spoiler before I watched the movie
Oh brother ... What was the last good movie you saw?

Old 03-31-2008, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ Chutzpah View Post
You might like the book better.

I can tell you in the book, Llewelyn's end is given to us the same way. Though the circumstances are slightly different in the book, and illustrate the fate/luck theme better.

Yes those tools were pretty impressive - extensions of himself -

Last edited by delusianne; 03-31-2008 at 08:10 AM..

Old 03-31-2008, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post

Yes those tools were pretty impressive
If McGuyer were a professional killer, what tools would he dream up - right up the Coens' alley!

Old 03-31-2008, 07:13 PM

6 posts, read 3,846 times
I watched this movie this afternoon, I thought it was alright, not a bad movie, but too slow and not enough action. I got bored and had to stop it for a while. I might finish it later, I have about 40 minuts left, is it even worth it?

Old 04-14-2008, 03:58 AM

6,762 posts, read 11,645,934 times
I thought it was mediocre at best. For one thing the movie was far too long. It also goes into a lot of visually graphic detail early in the movie, only to not let you see what happens when Llewelyn is killed, other than he was gunned down after lowering his guard. The scene he dies in makes you think that mexican thieves were involved somehow because the uzi sounding gunfire along with the uze lying on the ground and the way TLJ sees a truck of them speeding away from the gun fire. But it appears that Chigger was involved as well although we don't know exactly how. If money wasn't the point of the story, then why spend the first hour and a half making such a huge deal of it? Either way, to wrap so much time around L's character only to have all the action omitted from when he is killed was very aggravating. If I wanted guessing games, lets play that from the beginning by not showing so much detail.

All in all, it seemed more like a weak suspense/semi-horror film. The ending was pretty lame too IMO. I don't need TLJ riding off into the sunset, or the good guy killing the bad guy. But it would be nice to see something better than that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies