Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2014, 08:19 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,140,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
I agree 100%.

I can't remember who last told me I couldn't see a movie (probably my parents) but I know it wasn't SONY or North Korea. And I wasn't an adult back then.

Gimmeabreak.
The people at Sony obviously have a yellow streak (about a foot wide) right up their miserable backs.
Personally, I won't buy ANY Sony products for the rest of my life. Sony sets a bad precedent for every
Company in America. They cowed down to a fat little chinker chong that rules through fear.

What's going to happen if that pugy little bastard wants to blackmail other companys ?????? What really
makes me mad is that Obama doesn't have the balls to stand up to North Korea either. He's a bigger
coward than Sony.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 08:50 PM

5,652 posts, read 6,997,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjwebbster View Post
The people at Sony obviously have a yellow streak (about a foot wide) right up their miserable backs.
Personally, I won't buy ANY Sony products for the rest of my life. Sony sets a bad precedent for every
Company in America. They cowed down to a fat little chinker chong that rules through fear.

What's going to happen if that pugy little bastard wants to blackmail other companys ?????? What really
makes me mad is that Obama doesn't have the balls to stand up to North Korea either. He's a bigger
coward than Sony.
The precedent Sony is setting is much bigger than North Korea. Now any and every nationality/religion/political entity/oppressed group knows that threatening violence against anyone involved in distribution of any movie/TV show/book/music that offends them actually works. So expect much more of this.

Old 12-17-2014, 10:28 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,111,903 times
coming soon to the 3$ box of DVDs at the Menards check-out counters to your area...

especially funny to see the supremely untalented Seth Rogen, the creator of the film, duck and run for cover when things got a little hot for him

basically, a stupid movie made for imbeciles and the North Koreans likely did us all a big favor

Old 12-18-2014, 06:00 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,327,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
What a bunch of losers to bow to that pudgy cheese addict. I had been looking forward to The Interview for a while, and I would have been upset with a cancellation anyways. However, this is a level of abject cowardice unseen in Hollywood since the Family Guy episode of South Park.
The sad irony is: North Korea may have just done the world a huge favor.

With 'Interview' pulled back, N. Korea wins?(Opinion) - CNN.com

Old 12-18-2014, 06:53 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,427,842 times
I see, and what would all of you think would be an appropriate action for us
if N. Korea or another 'enemy' made a movie about assassinating any
seated United States President?
Pres Bush or Obama?...say, Dem or Rep...

Or Princess Kate and her son...?

Should we or England sit on our hands...officially or covertly?
Just curious.

A quote from that CNN link:

North Korea isn't your typical atheist communist dictatorship. It's far more like the religious-nationalist
regime of Japan during the Second World War, in which the leader is elevated to the status of a living god.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:01 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,857,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
coming soon to the 3$ box of DVDs at the Menards check-out counters to your area...

especially funny to see the supremely untalented Seth Rogen, the creator of the film, duck and run for cover when things got a little hot for him

basically, a stupid movie made for imbeciles and the North Koreans likely did us all a big favor

Point missed. It's never a " big favor" when someone else deems a movie inappropriate or irresponsible, and decides that it shouldn't be seen.

If this is the new norm we are in trouble, indeed.

Old 12-18-2014, 07:07 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,427,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Point missed. It's never a " big favor" when someone else deems a movie inappropriate or irresponsible, and decides that it shouldn't be seen.

If this is the new norm we are in trouble, indeed.
Other countries do not understand this 'free speech' thing...at ALL!

Where is Simon Rushdie today anyway? Sp?

Old 12-18-2014, 07:41 AM

22,940 posts, read 28,327,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
I see, and what would all of you think would be an appropriate action for us if N. Korea or another 'enemy' made a movie about assassinating any
seated United States President?
Either ignore it or buy a ticket. It's a movie, not a battle plan. Keep fiction in perspective.

I'm a little baffled why North Korea is all bent out of shape about this movie but didn't seem to care much about TEAM AMERICA: WORLD POLICE, which was far meaner (and funnier) than THE INTERVIEW.

Old 12-18-2014, 08:07 AM

2,794 posts, read 2,937,783 times
Ah yes.... Remember that time a looooooooong looooooooong time ago in the year 2004 when there was a spoof movie made about North Korea?

"The good ole days".............

Old 12-18-2014, 08:19 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,285,090 times
So when someone tells you they're going to punch you, you're a coward if you don't stand firm and take it on the chin?

Silly me, I consider it smarter to move and avoid getting hit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies