Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 09:07 PM

21,601 posts, read 10,779,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why do we need Mel Gibson for "bigger than life" movies?

Never got the appeal.

In any event, he is getting some work. He'll be appearing in "Expendables 3."

Mel Gibson Confirmed to Play 'Expendables 3' Villain; Antonio Banderas Joins the Cast
Well, here's hoping the other actors in the movie don't get him kicked off like Zach Galifianakis did on The Hangover 2. He got so mad at the casting that they brought in Mike Tyson instead (a convicted rapist).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2014, 12:57 PM

25,906 posts, read 20,913,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, here's hoping the other actors in the movie don't get him kicked off like Zach Galifianakis did on The Hangover 2. He got so mad at the casting that they brought in Mike Tyson instead (a convicted rapist).
Little chance of that I suspect. If Stallone wants Gibson, he gets Gibson.

Old 03-18-2014, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Little chance of that I suspect. If Stallone wants Gibson, he gets Gibson.
True! I'm glad someone is giving him a chance. I kind of stopped liking Zach Gali-what's his face when all that happened. It's not that I am a huge fan of Mel Gibson, but the fact that Zach threw a hissy fit about Mel but was A-Okay with Tyson was annoying. Mel may have said some pretty stupid things in a drunken rant, but at least he didn't date rape someone or do all the creepy things Tyson used to do.

Old 03-19-2014, 07:56 AM

25,906 posts, read 20,913,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
True! I'm glad someone is giving him a chance. I kind of stopped liking Zach Gali-what's his face when all that happened. It's not that I am a huge fan of Mel Gibson, but the fact that Zach threw a hissy fit about Mel but was A-Okay with Tyson was annoying. Mel may have said some pretty stupid things in a drunken rant, but at least he didn't date rape someone or do all the creepy things Tyson used to do.
Frankly, I don't have a clue as to how Zach Galifinakis acquired any "pull" whatsoever. His work is puerile and IMHO not the least bit entertaining.
As I noted earlier, I've never gotten the Gibson appeal but the man should be allowed to earn a living.
I always remember that he gave Robert Downey Jr. a chance when no one else would and look how well that turned out.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:15 PM

3,727 posts, read 6,270,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Could use a Braveheart movie.
Please no, not another woefully inaccurate historical film from Mel. Braveheart and The Patriot are loaded with so many errors that history buffs can barely stand to watch them.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:16 PM

8,551 posts, read 13,680,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmc66 View Post
I don't care for him or his movies. He showed hisself with his taped conversation with his ex.
Right, and you think Mel himself release that recording? It was all a part of the plan to ruin the guy.
Conveniently and coincidentally, all those nasty recordings and gossip came out right after he got on the sh.t list in Hollywood. It was all part of the effort the ruin the guy and they did succeed too, didn't they?
Look at how many of the easily-manipulated audience start hating the guy over a nasty verbal fight which I am sure happened before and even after, probably nothing new but it came out at only during that period. Interesting, isn't it? Gotta love how women so easily get mad at him because he was yelling at the Russian chick like she was an angel and that she couldn't have been at fault.
Besides, you never hear what that woman did or say to make him that mad and we, man know how talented you ladies are when it comes to driving a man insane!

"There is NO reason to hit a woman!" - YouTube

Further more, if only you knew what evil, sick stuff the actors you currently like, did in their private life!
Most are either jaded or twisted in some way. That is life in Hollywood, comes with the membership, or perhaps the other way around.

Not to mention musicians! Most of my favorite 80s pop singers and 3 rock singers were gay, having orgies, drinking and doing drugs, things I'd never do or cared about, so as a straight, sober and clean guy, am I supposed to stop listening to them or hate them?
I am not agreeing with their politics or their lifestyles, I am simply enjoying the product they offer (music, movies, etc.). The vile stuff they might have done or be doing has nothing to do with me. It drives me crazy when people act all innocent and pure and judge others like they have no dirty secrets or skeletons in their closets.
Am I supposed to wonder, what each and every professional I do business with, might be doing in their personal lives?
Also consider the pressure these people have to deal with! Zero privacy unless maybe when they are taking a dump or something like that.
Cutthroat business environment with backstabbing and favoritism is seen on a daily basis.

Don't be so eager to discredit a talented actor who has been in the field and have made so many good movies. Don't be heartless like those a-holes running Hollywood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Mel Gibson = One of the finest Hollywood actors of the past 30 years

Probably blackballed by the dominant Jewish circle in Hollywood
Not probably, he was which goes to show you have dominant and biased they are to (temporarily) end the career of an A-list actor like Mel.

Old 03-19-2014, 04:51 PM

23,056 posts, read 28,633,437 times
Life is more complicated tha good guys in white hats and bad guys in black hats. I kow people who have worked with Mel on various movie sets. He has a great sense of humor. He can be extremely generous, and he is very loyal to his friends. But Mel has ... issues. That's no conspiracy, Jewish or otherwise. The man has some Big Bad Faults in his character. Some have hit the news. Some haven't.

Old 03-19-2014, 06:10 PM

5,566 posts, read 6,488,095 times
Mel Gibson is an enormously talented actor who has had good and bad movies along the way, just like all the rest of them. I loved Braveheart, the first two Lethal Weapons, The Patriot, and Ransom. I also thought he was great in Signs, and The Man Without A Face was excellent, and I even liked Forever Young. I know, not a very good flick, but I liked it any way. On the other hand, the Mad Max/Road Warrior stuff was only good until I turned 16, and after that I realized how bad they really were.

As for Mel Gibson the person, well, we've all said and done things we wouldn't want on the front page of the newspaper at one time or another, haven't we?

Old 03-19-2014, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Please no, not another woefully inaccurate historical film from Mel. Braveheart and The Patriot are loaded with so many errors that history buffs can barely stand to watch them.
I'm a history buff, but I liked both movies just fine despite the inaccuracies. Hollywood changes lots of things, be it history or book plots. I just shrug because they're trying to tell a sweeping story in two to three hours, so some things are going to be changed to squeeze in as much emotion and punch as they can. It's not just Mel Gibson, it's all of Hollywood.

Hopefully many people will be inspired by these movies to look up the real history, which is often more interesting than the movie anyway.

Old 03-19-2014, 08:34 PM

24,165 posts, read 32,914,349 times
I don't like action movies, so I'm not a fan in general.

Gibson gave a competent performance as the widowed minister who had an issue with extraterrestrials and the tin hats. Can't remember the name of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies