Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:44 AM

29,816 posts, read 34,725,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Could use a Braveheart movie.
There already is a Braveheart movie. It's called Braveheart. Maybe you just need a time machine back to 1993.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 12:14 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,369,213 times
sweetiebelle

a Braveheart type movie

better?

Old 03-13-2014, 12:28 PM

5,570 posts, read 7,322,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Well, taste is subjective. I guess you didn't like Braveheart or Apocolypto? Those were amazing movies to me. Definitely big films that appealed to many. Mel Gibson, like many highly creative individuals, suffers from some mental issues. I don't like Sean Penn's politics, but I still like many of his movies. Same with Mel Gibson.
Didn't care for Braveheart and never heard of Apocolypto.

Old 03-13-2014, 02:43 PM

21,573 posts, read 10,717,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Didn't care for Braveheart and never heard of Apocolypto.
It's a great movie. It's about the Pre-Columbian Mayans, all speaking in their native tongue with English subtitles. Sounds awful, but it absolutely is one of my favorite movies of all time. My husband refused to watch it with me because of the subtitles, but got caught up in it and said it was great. It's not heavy on the dialogue anyway, but the action is non-stop. It's so good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngWBddVNVZs

Old 03-13-2014, 07:32 PM

4,794 posts, read 12,437,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
I want to see him and Charlie Sheen in a movie together.
Bad Boys 3: The white version

Old 03-13-2014, 09:10 PM

367 posts, read 702,249 times
I don't care for him or his movies. He showed hisself with his taped conversation with his ex.

Old 03-14-2014, 10:12 AM

23,039 posts, read 28,550,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
It's a great movie.
It is. Very exciting story, and just a beautiful movie to watch.

Old 03-15-2014, 01:10 PM

278 posts, read 279,152 times
Mel Gibson = One of the finest Hollywood actors of the past 30 years

Probably blackballed by the dominant Jewish circle in Hollywood

Old 03-17-2014, 12:50 PM

25,891 posts, read 20,839,746 times
Why do we need Mel Gibson for "bigger than life" movies?

Never got the appeal.

In any event, he is getting some work. He'll be appearing in "Expendables 3."

Mel Gibson Confirmed to Play 'Expendables 3' Villain; Antonio Banderas Joins the Cast

Old 03-17-2014, 01:01 PM

3,994 posts, read 5,049,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveYOU2 View Post
Mel Gibson = One of the finest Hollywood actors of the past 30 years

Probably blackballed by the dominant Jewish circle in Hollywood
I agree. He made some foolish comments and had some real issues and ticked off a large contingent of Hollywood. It makes me sad because he's a phenomenal film maker! Sure he had a lot of action type movies (my favorite was Payback), but he's not like Stallone or Schwarzenegger. He actually has played a variety of thoughtful, heart felt movies as well as historical films. He's put his touch on a lot of movies that I really never tire of...can't really explain it, but I like him still and miss him in the movies.

I recently saw The Beaver (very good) and I liked him in a couple others (what was that one, Edge of Darkness?) that have been very good. He's so much more than Expendable.

I don't think it's fair to compare him to Charlie Sheen or Woody Allen...he probably does drink too much or other things we'd like to judge him for, but honestly, who gives a rip? I just don't like Woody Allen, for example, but only for his weird and distinct style, not because he's a pedophile. Oh, I don't like that either, but their personal life is just that. Personal. Not someone I know or would hang out with...why can't we make that distinction? I actually like Charlie Sheen's acting in movies, but unfortunately, he's gotten away with a certain style b/c of 2 1/2 Men and Anger Management...not something I like, but it has nothing to do with his personal upheaval.

Back to the OP...I'd also like to see some grand movies like those of yesteryear...maybe Hollywood will pull the stick out their rumps and stop taking everything so dang personal. I mean, of all the Jewish successes in Hollywood, surely their bank account can outweigh the rantings of a crazy person???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies