Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2014, 01:44 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,179,450 times

Advertisements

Have you ever seen a movie (all the way through) that you thought was absolutely terrible.

The for some reason saw the same cut later and thought it wasn't too bad?

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time I saw "Mad Max", I hated it.

Then for some reason I caught a part of it on TV and it appealed to me more. Not that I loved it, I just though it wasn't quite so bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2014, 02:06 PM

17,642 posts, read 17,750,513 times
Army of Darkness.

Old 03-09-2014, 08:28 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,704,931 times
Napoleon Dynamite. First time I saw it I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I'd ever seen. Then I watched it again, and found it hilarious. I've watched it several more times since then, and still really enjoy it!

Old 03-10-2014, 03:30 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,154,102 times
Prometheus I hated this movie so much at first, I would have rather been locked in a room filled with scorpions and fire ants and forced to watch infomercials, while being deprived of sleep and food cause it seemed less painful. I gave it another shot, And enjoyed it though still not my top film.

I felt when first viewing it it was marred by an overkill of cheesy dialogue and little substance.

Never back down -It felt like a cheesy WB channel fight film but less then halfway through was revealed to be much more, With characters you could root for and a believable story with a message. Become a favorite of mine.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:19 PM

21,487 posts, read 10,603,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Have you ever seen a movie (all the way through) that you thought was absolutely terrible.

The for some reason saw the same cut later and thought it wasn't too bad?

-- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time I saw "Mad Max", I hated it.

Then for some reason I caught a part of it on TV and it appealed to me more. Not that I loved it, I just though it wasn't quite so bad.
I went to see Raising Arizona with my boyfriend at the time, and he made us leave early because he hated it so much. I didn't put up too much of a fuss because it didn't seem all that great to me, most likely due to his negativity. Now I love that movie. I can't believe we walked out on it.

Sometimes a movie's not so great at the theater, but it's great at home. Sometimes it's due to the fact that some movies just have to grow on you, like some songs have to grow on you. Other times it's due to the fact that the movie doesn't seem worthy of paying all that money to see it at the theater.

Old 03-10-2014, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Napoleon Dynamite. First time I saw it I thought it was one of the dumbest movies I'd ever seen. Then I watched it again, and found it hilarious. I've watched it several more times since then, and still really enjoy it!
Me too! It's definitely one of those movies that has to grow on you. I find that movies or songs that I grow to love are the ones I still love 10-15 years down the road, and the ones I love immediately just don't stand the test of time.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
Interesting. I hated ND. I hate the thought of watching it again. What do you think the difference was?

Old 03-10-2014, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I went to see Raising Arizona with my boyfriend at the time, and he made us leave early because he hated it so much. I didn't put up too much of a fuss because it didn't seem all that great to me, most likely due to his negativity. Now I love that movie. I can't believe we walked out on it.

Sometimes a movie's not so great at the theater, but it's great at home. Sometimes it's due to the fact that some movies just have to grow on you, like some songs have to grow on you. Other times it's due to the fact that the movie doesn't seem worthy of paying all that money to see it at the theater.
Raising Arizona was at first watching, weird, but likable. Now it is one of the best made.

Old 03-11-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Interesting. I hated ND. I hate the thought of watching it again. What do you think the difference was?
I hated it the first time too, but as I have teenagers I've been in the same room with it several times and somehow it started making me laugh. It's just the type of humor that grows on you, though I'm sure that's not true for everyone. Sometimes I wonder if my kids' enjoyment of the movie was what made me like it more.

Old 03-13-2014, 08:20 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
I don't understand strong feelings one way or the other toward Napoleon Dynamite. It isn't a horrible movie. It certainly isn't a great movie. It's just sort of ... meh.

I can't recall any movies that I thought started out bad and then improved. There are a lot that have the opposite problem: They start out good then end horribly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies