Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 08:27 AM

395 posts, read 547,196 times

Advertisements

The first time I saw Dune (not the one with Kyle MacLachlan, but the miniseries with William Hurt), I didn't care for it, but I was younger then. It seemed sooooooo slooooooow.

About a year ago it came on television and I liked it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 10:51 AM

21,495 posts, read 10,617,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I don't understand strong feelings one way or the other toward Napoleon Dynamite. It isn't a horrible movie. It certainly isn't a great movie. It's just sort of ... meh.

I can't recall any movies that I thought started out bad and then improved. There are a lot that have the opposite problem: They start out good then end horribly.
Yes, many movies that I liked at first become annoying years later, especially if they seem dated. Most people won't watch a hated movie a second time, but when forced to it by having to watch it with other people, sometimes they find that their original opinion of it changes.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:08 PM

7,393 posts, read 12,712,080 times
I actually hated Kill Bill when I saw it the first time. Such mindless violence! I didn't get it at all. And I didn't know anything about martial arts, anyway. But I really liked Kill Bill 2, to my surprise, so I gave #1 another chance, and of course it is an amazing film. But I still like #2 better.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:07 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,187,173 times
Even though I didn't hate it. I did not like the "Dark Knight Rises" when I first saw it. I thought it was extremely long and boring and made no sense.

On the second watching I liked it much more.

On the third watching, I thought it was the best Superhero movie ever made.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:10 AM

8,793 posts, read 8,187,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
The first time I saw Dune (not the one with Kyle MacLachlan, but the miniseries with William Hurt), I didn't care for it, but I was younger then. It seemed sooooooo slooooooow.

About a year ago it came on television and I liked it.
I still have not been able to sit through it. I have read hundreds of Sci-Fi, but I tried reading the book three times and could not get past the first or second chapter because it was so slow.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:18 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,418,353 times
i didnt like that first Thor when it first came out but liked it when i watched it w/o distractions on netflix

go figure

Old 03-14-2014, 10:14 AM

22,950 posts, read 28,350,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Fork Fantast View Post
I actually hated Kill Bill when I saw it the first time. Such mindless violence! I didn't get it at all. And I didn't know anything about martial arts, anyway. But I really liked Kill Bill 2, to my surprise, so I gave #1 another chance, and of course it is an amazing film. But I still like #2 better.
I have a similar reaction. I love KB 2. KB 1 is okay, but the violence just got too cartoonish, especially the big end battle. It was like watching a live-action Itchy & Scratchy: The Naughty Ninja.

Old 03-18-2014, 06:29 AM

4,975 posts, read 11,709,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blktoptrvl View Post
Interesting. I hated ND. I hate the thought of watching it again. What do you think the difference was?
Good question. I really don't know. It just kind of clicked with me the second time I watched it. The characters grew on me, especially Kip and Lafawnduh, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies