Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 11:00 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by a bag of it View Post
The Man from Earth

I'll second Memento and Donnie Darko

Fight Club was pretty unique

Inception

The Matrix, though everyone has seen it at this point

Leon, The Professional

American Beauty (one of my all time favorite movies, maybe not the most unique though)

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

The Big Lebowski (not sure if this is unique or not)

V for Vendetta

Any Wes Anderson really

I also think that Tarantino movies are pretty unique, but there are so many of them that it's not really unique at this point, it's just his style.
I loved American Beauty. It was a great story, beautiful cinamatography, Kevin Spacey was amazing. I was shocked to see so many people on another thread who thought that movie shouldn't have won Best Picture, or who thought it was mediocre at best. I'm constantly reminded that taste is subjective. One person's amazing movie is another's mediocre.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 11:23 AM

4,449 posts, read 4,618,183 times
Just saw 'Europa Report'...

To me a pretty different type of sci-fi film......only thing I could have wished for was a bit more in the exterior visual scenes to emphasize the sense of 'atmosphere' ..

Old 03-13-2014, 05:42 PM

5,480 posts, read 6,305,303 times
Big Fish, with Ewan McGregor. Great off the wall flick, although I admit I had to watch it twice to figure everything out.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:43 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,958,591 times
The movie, Fallen, has a pretty unique "bad guy". Good movie.

http://youtu.be/VO-jGkLzRgM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurekidd View Post
Big Fish, with Ewan McGregor. Great off the wall flick, although I admit I had to watch it twice to figure everything out.
One of my favorite movies. I love that he didn't believe his dad until the ending, and then the outlandish stories became so real.

Last edited by Geneyus; 04-05-2014 at 05:52 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 07:19 PM
Q44

894 posts, read 1,030,551 times
I have to throw `Koyaanisqatsi` on the list. Love it or hate it, it is different.

"Diva" is a personal favorite. Maybe not a strange film, but the blend of opera and cops and gangsters is very unique.

Old 04-05-2014, 10:02 PM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times
"Seconds" directed by John Frankenheimer 1966 with Rock Hudson. Hard to find but it is very unique.

Seconds - Rotten Tomatoes

Old 04-06-2014, 12:31 AM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I loved American Beauty. It was a great story, beautiful cinamatography, Kevin Spacey was amazing. I was shocked to see so many people on another thread who thought that movie shouldn't have won Best Picture, or who thought it was mediocre at best. I'm constantly reminded that taste is subjective. One person's amazing movie is another's mediocre.

I still can't quite "get over" that movie. I just -- it blew my hair back. It really was profound, and I just wanted to say I'm glad to hear someone else appreciates it as much as I did and always will. I have so many favourite scenes -- "It's JUST A COUCH!" and throwing the plate on the wall and just...everything. Ever thought of how even the names fit the respective characters, as well? Near-perfect movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies