Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:02 AM

1,986 posts, read 3,603,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
I've seen it work. This: The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest (TV Movie 1997) - IMDb was actually a really good story, and the scene where Batman throws Superman against the wall is awesome and perfectly pitched. But hey, this was written by Paul Dini, and when it comes to super heroes, you won't find a better writer.
In animation, DC does it so well. That one clip was really good. I have to watch the entire movie now. We'll just have to wait for more details of the live action film
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2013, 07:03 AM

Some footage from Guardian of the Galaxy

http://screencrave.com/wp-content/up...et-raccoon.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/d926d5094...hl57o2_400.gif

Last edited by Stephen1110; 08-15-2013 at 07:13 AM..

Old 08-15-2013, 07:02 PM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
I find it more than a little sad that we're going to get a big budget movie starring a racoon super hero before we get a big budget movie starring a woman super hero.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
I find it more than a little sad that we're going to get a big budget movie starring a racoon super hero before we get a big budget movie starring a woman super hero.
LMAO! Agreed.

http://cdn.uproxx.com/wp-content/upl...onderwoman.jpg

Old 08-15-2013, 09:47 PM

A Wonder Woman film. I do think it would be tricky to adapt, I would see it regardless

7 Actresses who can play Wonder Woman
7 Actresses Who Could Play Wonder Woman in ‘Justice League’

Old 08-16-2013, 06:03 AM

22,938 posts, read 28,322,594 times
Quote:
A Wonder Woman film. I do think it would be tricky to adapt, I would see it regardless

7 Actresses who can play Wonder Woman
7 Actresses Who Could Play Wonder Woman in ‘Justice League’
I dunno. The key to a good Wonder Woman is an actress who is: a.) Beautiful, b.) Physically formidable, and c.) Can actually act.

I didn't see anyone on the list that made me go, "That's her!"

But I'm not convinced a live action WW movie will ever work. The costume alone just breaks ever sense of goofy I have. DC makes the best animated features on TV and DVD. I don't know why they don't just bite the bullet and make an animated theatrical release.

Old 08-16-2013, 07:44 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
Haha...You said it.

On a semi-related note, I guess Vin Diesel's looks are finally paying off for him...he got the part of a Machine gun trotting raccoon lol

Old 08-16-2013, 08:32 AM

Quote:
But I'm not convinced a live action WW movie will ever work. The costume alone just breaks ever sense of goofy I have. DC makes the best animated features on TV and DVD. I don't know why they don't just bite the bullet and make an animated theatrical release.
I'm skeptical as well. The costume needs a change. Imagine the backlash (and sexual excitement) if the costume remains skimpy. A resemblance to greek armor might work. Picture in link
http://fanartexhibit.files.wordpress..._woman_new.jpg
Then you have to adapt her complicated narrative: background, civilization, outside world, cinematic tie-ins,
perspective (staunch feminism, etc)... adding sex appeal would undermine her character. They did an animated theatrical release with Batman:Mask of the Phantasm (1993), which failed at the box office - grossing $5.6m - however it did receive a very positive critical response. lol. DC wants Avenger money. They want blockbusters. Make it Live Action, might end up like Supergirl and Catwoman or Elektra and My Super Ex-Girlfriend. (Could do better, it's Wonder Woman) Make it animated, might end up like Batman:Mask of the Phantasm and get positive reviews. Either way, they want a Justice League, they need a Wonder Woman.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
On a semi-related note, I guess Vin Diesel's looks are finally paying off for him...he got the part of a Machine gun trotting raccoon lol
I don't know, feels like a mismatch

Old 08-16-2013, 09:32 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,275,679 times
Quote:
I don't know, feels like a mismatch
You don't think Vinny resembles. raccoon? lol

Sorry, Vin, couldn't help my self.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies