Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 03:19 PM

22,930 posts, read 28,302,797 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen1110 View Post
The Dark Knight was different because it was a good neo-noir film. However, action scenes in any batman movie are dull in comparison to movies like the Avengers, Man of Steel, Spiderman 2-3, etc. (of course, we know why) What's better depends on what people expect and want out of a superhero film.
Nolan is a very gifted director in many respects, but he has one glaring weakness: Fight scenes. His fight scenes are incoherent. He has no flair for fisticuffs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 10:07 PM

1,986 posts, read 3,602,027 times
Does anyone like the sentinel design for X-Men: Days of Future Past?

X-MEN Days of Future Past VIRAL Trailer (2014) - YouTube

Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 AM

Too early to tell. I'm very excited for X-Men: Days of Future Past for several reasons:

1.) Bryan Singer is back. He's made the best X-flicks to date.

2.) Peter Dinklage!

3.) Thanks to time travel, it looks like they've found a way to erase X3 from continuity. If only they could erase it from our minds....

4.) Sentinels. FINALLY! Singer wanted them in the first film but just didn't have the budget for it.

I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed X-Men: First Class. It wasn't my favorite X-flick, but it was fun, especially the new actors for Prof X and Magneto.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
3.) Thanks to time travel, it looks like they've found a way to erase X3 from continuity. If only they could erase it from our minds....

4.) Sentinels. FINALLY! Singer wanted them in the first film but just didn't have the budget for it.

I was actually surprised at how much I enjoyed X-Men: First Class. It wasn't my favorite X-flick, but it was fun, especially the new actors for Prof X and Magneto.
I found The Last Stand quite interesting. I enjoyed the Phoenix, Angel, and Magneto: I felt they were sublime. For Days of Future Past, the sentinels will make a very interesting story. A sentinel threat seems like it can be stretched into an additional film. yes/no? Furthermore, I'm excited by what seems to be Wolverine's original comic book look in the film.

As for X:Men: First Class, I might have to watch it again to appreciate it.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:28 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,125,377 times
Quote:
With what characters? How is DC setting up a shared universe?

The original was Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter

Old 08-06-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The original was Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, the Flash, Aquaman, Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter
I think that's the problem. The world wants to know how a Justice League movie will work. Will there be solo films before or after the Justice League film? Who's big screen adaptable?They are so many characters and stories that need to be adapted and interconnected, respectively.

Old 08-14-2013, 02:30 AM

So Christian Bale has been offered $50-60 million to reprise the role of Batman in the Superman/Batman movie. Which means he would have to play Batman in Justice League along side Henry Cavill, as well as in the possible sequels.

Old 08-14-2013, 06:03 AM

Quote:
So Christian Bale has been offered $50-60 million to reprise the role of Batman in the Superman/Batman movie. Which means he would have to play Batman in Justice League along side Henry Cavill, as well as in the possible sequels.
I can see it now:

Batman: "I'm Batman."

Superman: "Why are you talking that way?"

Batman: "What way?"

Superman: "Like a bad Dirty Harry impression."

Batman: "Uhh... I'm Batman. This is the way Batman talks. I have to ... you know, disguise my true identity and stuff."

Superman: "To a man with X-ray vision? You really haven't thought this through, have you?"

Seriously though, Bale was a great Bruce Wayne. He was a horrible, horrible Batman. Here's our chance to get a new one. Let's take it.

Old 08-14-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Batman: "Uhh... I'm Batman. This is the way Batman talks. I have to ... you know, disguise my true identity and stuff."

Superman: "To a man with X-ray vision? You really haven't thought this through, have you?"
lol.. Batman and Superman are incompatible, I can't imagine the story working.

Quote:
Seriously though, Bale was a great Bruce Wayne. He was a horrible, horrible Batman. Here's our chance to get a new one. Let's take it.
Good analysis. Bale as Bruce Wayne yes! They may be thinking of Bale as the embodiment of Batman like Robert Downey Jr. is to Iron Man

Old 08-15-2013, 05:49 AM

Quote:
lol.. Batman and Superman are incompatible, I can't imagine the story working.
I've seen it work. This: The Batman Superman Movie: World's Finest (TV Movie 1997) - IMDb was actually a really good story, and the scene where Batman throws Superman against the wall is awesome and perfectly pitched. But hey, this was written by Paul Dini, and when it comes to super heroes, you won't find a better writer.

In fact, here it is. Start watching around 1:10:

Batman Superman Movie Worlds Finest part 4/12 - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies