Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 08:50 AM

24,791 posts, read 17,533,419 times

Advertisements

In movies a person gets bit by a zombie and they become infected and it is not long until they are trying to eat their buddies brains. What I don't get is when there is a Zombie horde running amok and they capture a human they generally tear the person apart, dismember, disembowel and scoop out the brains leaving nothing but a bloody mess. Question is once that person has been made into burger meat does he or she become reanimated as a zombie? How can it?
Sometimes in movies we see zombies with chunks torn off them or maybe they are missing a arm or something but we never see one laying there in a pile trying to chomp on passerbys ankles?
Is it that in the early onset of a zombie breakout maybe they are not as hungry so just a few nibbles on someones face or arm is all they need to keep going?
Zombies eat brains but the only way to kill them is to destroy their brains by bashing in their skulls or shooting them. Looking back at the movie "planet terror" I guess that is why once Fergies brains were scooped out we never saw her reanimated as a zombie.
What is your take on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2013, 09:59 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,601,725 times
Things that make you go "Hmmmmm...."

What I'VE wondered about zombies... after they've successfully eaten all of the the "fresh" humans, do they start to die out?

Old 02-27-2013, 10:13 AM

12,335 posts, read 17,216,616 times
They might be slowing the decay eating people. Once their food supply ran out it would take a few years theoretically for them to decay to the point they were no longer a threat. The films are pure fiction as animal attacks, the elements and them wandering and falling off things woul end an uprising along with the fact humans would still be to advanced and well armed to be wiped out.

Unless they are like the ones from The World war Z trailer. Those are real bad news. We would need Chuck Norris and the Expendables then to help us!

Old 02-27-2013, 10:19 AM

3,550 posts, read 6,512,587 times
Rule #1 in Zombieland: CARDIO

Rule #2 in Zombieland: DOUBLE TAP

Old 02-27-2013, 10:38 AM

23,690 posts, read 70,842,956 times
If you look WAY back in films along that genre, zombies were originally a metaphor for communists (Invasion of the Body Snatchers, et al), but now are metaphors for meth-heads, sheeple, and a host of others. It is all a plot to keep independents from making the real zombie story - "Invasion of the Wall-Street Bankers." In it, all the zombies wear pin-stripe suits and you can only kill them by cleaning out their stock options and portfolios.

I'm still waiting for a legless zombie song and dance team, like the Rockettes, or Fred and Ginger.

Old 02-27-2013, 01:55 PM

Depending on what type of zombies you are talking about when the humans run out, they will either just stagger around or they will turn on each other. Do zombies actually need to eat? They don't need to breathe. I have seen them walk underwater when the silly humans thought they were safe on a island.
I think over time they would decay and fall apart but can mankind hold out that long?
The wall street zombies? I think they already took us for a ride when the gov. saved them from collapse. I know my brain has been scrambled for the past several years.

Old 02-27-2013, 02:43 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,697,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Depending on what type of zombies you are talking about when the humans run out, they will either just stagger around or they will turn on each other. Do zombies actually need to eat? They don't need to breathe. I have seen them walk underwater when the silly humans thought they were safe on a island.
I think over time they would decay and fall apart but can mankind hold out that long?
The wall street zombies? I think they already took us for a ride when the gov. saved them from collapse. I know my brain has been scrambled for the past several years.
Surely some segment of humanity would survive a zombie disaster. If no one else, at least those severly isolated tribes in the rainforest probably would. It would all depend on how the virus was spread, of course.

Old 02-27-2013, 04:59 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,226,118 times
Even if zombies can go under water for a long time, they can't swim, can they? how are they going to make it to islands, float and ride the currents? Won't they get eaten or nibbled on by fishies or their flesh rotted out by water?

Old 02-27-2013, 05:15 PM

12,335 posts, read 17,216,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypee View Post
Even if zombies can go under water for a long time, they can't swim, can they? how are they going to make it to islands, float and ride the currents? Won't they get eaten or nibbled on by fishies or their flesh rotted out by water?
Some could probably drift on the tides and wind up on nearby islands, But not long distance. Saltwater would be corrosive to them as it is. The worst problem people would face is waiting them out. Having to go out for food, water and the fact if you go by the movie universes is infection. They would be walking sacks of disease, And that's why i cant understand characters using swords to fight them other then it looking cool. One would have to last about several years not getting bit, scratched or coming in contact with fluids.

They became the new villains of the 21st century because they are corruptions of people, having lost all emotion and relentless. That statement can be correlated to many things like another poster said like communism, consumerism or greed. Then the fact of peoples friends and family turning into them. Lots of shock and awe. The opposite of the romantic, tormented but stylish vampires who fall in love with some potential victims.

Zombies have become real in a sense having "infected" pop culture. From the macabre to comedy they seem to show up a lot in culture now.

This morning I was followed home by a mentally disturbed/junkie person that I posted about, And actually thought about the show Walking dead, Because of the way this guy looked and how he followed me to my front door. Not kidding.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:01 AM

That junkie would have made me nervous D Scott. Now he knows where you live.

Zombies don't swim or float that we have seen yet though you think they would float like dead wood? In one movie, I don't remember the title, the humans had escaped to one side of a river and the zombies were on the dock looking across when one figured it out. They then proceeded to fall into the water and they walked along the bottom until they emerged on the other side to surprise their prey. I wonder if they could figure it out could they walk across the bottom of the ocean? Like Jaypee pointed out the fish would be pecking at their rotting flesh. Surely sharks would come in for bigger chomps and then the big question is would the virus transmit to the animal world?? Now there is a a movie idea, Attack of the Killer Zombie Sharks!! Don't anyone steal my idea. HA
If the Zombies did walk acrosss the ocean floor I would think that when they reached a crushing depth their heads would implode from the pressure. I'm going to add that into my zombie shark movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies