Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:23 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,142,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
That junkie would have made me nervous D Scott. Now he knows where you live.

Zombies don't swim or float that we have seen yet though you think they would float like dead wood? In one movie, I don't remember the title, the humans had escaped to one side of a river and the zombies were on the dock looking across when one figured it out. They then proceeded to fall into the water and they walked along the bottom until they emerged on the other side to surprise their prey. I wonder if they could figure it out could they walk across the bottom of the ocean? Like Jaypee pointed out the fish would be pecking at their rotting flesh. Surely sharks would come in for bigger chomps and then the big question is would the virus transmit to the animal world?? Now there is a a movie idea, Attack of the Killer Zombie Sharks!! Don't anyone steal my idea. HA
If the Zombies did walk acrosss the ocean floor I would think that when they reached a crushing depth their heads would implode from the pressure. I'm going to add that into my zombie shark movie.
I confronted the shifty dude and ran him off, Not too nervous about it most of those guys around here wind up dead, in jail or drift to other areas anyway. Its the nature of the streets and that lifestyle sadly.

There was a syfy movie "Zombie apocalypse " that had a zombie Tiger and your post reminded me of that. Your idea sounds cool, in cities like mine I think zombie pigeons would be a real threat. Bad enough the make poo on people when they fly over us often times lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 11:29 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
I'm unconvinced that zombies can walk on the sea floor ... there's still air in their body cavities which will make them bobble.
Now if enough of them go into the water and pile up to make a zombie bridge ... lol

Old 02-28-2013, 01:58 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,582,822 times
Quote:
Surely sharks would come in for bigger chomps and then the big question is would the virus transmit to the animal world?? Now there is a a movie idea, Attack of the Killer Zombie Sharks!! Don't anyone steal my idea.
Not sure if zombies would attract sharks. Aren't sharks drawn by blood? I know dead people don't bleed, but what about zombies? I'd think they'd be drained by now.

And sharks are killer already. I think you'd have to change it to something that became a killer from a zombie bite, like Killer Zombie Dolphins...

Old 02-28-2013, 05:09 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,383,527 times
Oh dear, a 'zombies and what doesn't make sense' discussion.

Todd, I saw that movie too, the one you refer to where the zombies walk across the floor of the bay. I'm trying to recall the name...it's on the tip of my tongue but just can't remember right now (if it comes to me I'll add it).

Being a huge fan of The Walking Dead (who isn't?) I find myself sometimes pondering the logistics of zombie-ism. Why are some people transformed into zombies (or walkers, as per TWD) and why do some just get eaten? It seems that in many movies of this genre, simply being bitten will cause the transformation...so I suppose those who don't transform and wind up as a buffet table feast for a passing horde are the ones who were caught, pre-transformation, and devoured before being given the chance. Those who do transform do so because they were swift of feet (though obviously not swift enough to avoid being bitten in the first place). In The Walking Dead, one does not transform into a walker until one dies; however, it seems that being bitten puts you on the fast track to the grim reaper. And in this show, everyone turns into a walker post-last-breath, whether they have been bitten or not.

What I can't figure out is why it takes so long for a zombie/walker's body to decay. It seems they can go on for months...and months...and months...still trudging along with semi-overripened dead body tissue. If their heart is no longer functioning (apparently in ZombieClass101 you learn that the only functioning body part is the brain stem), wouldn't rot set in rapidly? Wouldn't they become nothing more than walking skeletons within a mere few months, esp, when exposed to the elements? And they would eventually be exposed, given that most male zombies are sans shirts and most female zombies seem to have turned whilst they were donning their latest bikini tops and swim suits...I've yet to see any zombie movie where the hordes are attired in full-bodied windbreakers and other wind/rain/drizzle to protect their delicate features. [Which also brings me to a side-point irritant: I see zombies and walkers in these movies wearing clothing that long outlasts anything I could ever buy from the mall. How do their pants and shirts last for so long? Oh sure, they get tears and snags in them, but I buy a new shirt from The Bay and a week later half of the buttons have fallen off.]

Another pondering: How on earth can their olfactory system still work? All of those nerve endings are dead, tissue is rotted or gone...yet zombies have this keen ability to detect any nearby or hidden still-living humans by smelling their body odour. How do they do this? (I mean, one stuffy head cold for me and I can't smell a thing. These guys though...their noses can literally fall off and go rolling under a sofa somewhere, and still they're able to locate a warm living body at 50 lurching paces.) And wouldn't their own aromatic bouquet, emitted from their slowly-putrefying body offal kind of get in the way?

I dunno, maybe I should start studying more about how to survive a zombie apocalypse and some of the answers might just be buried in the details. hhhmmm...maybe I'll start with the CDC...they know everything...

http://www.cdc.gov/phpr/documents/11...mbie_Final.pdf

*ETA: "Land of the Dead" with John Leguizamo has zombies walking underwater to get to the city.

Last edited by bassetluv; 02-28-2013 at 05:28 PM..

Old 02-28-2013, 08:16 PM

24,504 posts, read 17,255,259 times
Very interesting points people. Maybe the CDC would know the answers but I'm not gonna be the nut to call them. LOL

Sharks are the coolest creatures to be zombified I don't think people would believe a pack of clown fish (nemo) could chew a swimmers legs off. Sharks and pretty much everything else in the ocean will feed on say a floating dead whale carcass so why not zombies even though they are not bleeding.
In "28 Days Later" which may not exactly be a zombie movie, I remember the Dad looked up at a crow on a wire that had just been picking away at a infected corpse and a drop of blood fell from its beak right into the guys eye WHAMO! Infected! In some cases you don't need to be bitten to become a raging lunatic.
Can Zombies smell or are they attracted to noise which some are or even movement that has them chasing the living?

Old 03-01-2013, 11:59 AM

2,430 posts, read 5,582,822 times
They've also pondered zombies on Big Bang Theory... (from that thread):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladium View Post
Just saw the episode about Howard's parking space. Now I want to know.....(Raj asked) If a zombie bites a vampire, and the vampire bites a human, does the human become a vampire or a zombie? How could they leave us hanging without an answer?
Or a zompire?

Old 03-01-2013, 01:14 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,626,353 times
Quote:
Very interesting points people. Maybe the CDC would know the answers but I'm not gonna be the nut to call them. LOL
I'm sure that someone else already has.

Old 03-02-2013, 04:14 PM

1,949 posts, read 5,264,067 times
in most films, besides being extremely unintelligent, they are very slow, weak, and suffering from rigormortis:

how do they so quickly, (let alone ever) overtake humanity?

how are their teeth and jaw muscles so powerful?

Old 03-03-2013, 02:36 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,142,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linson View Post

how do they so quickly, (let alone ever) overtake humanity?

by sheer will and determination.

Old 03-04-2013, 12:41 PM

8,328 posts, read 13,462,277 times
They blend in!

Most people act/live like zombies already.
They just don't try to eat other people's brain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies