Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 02:40 PM

1,608 posts, read 1,492,697 times

Advertisements

I watched Five Feet Apart again last night. That has to be the fifth time in two weeks, I think. It’s heartbreaking, but deeply moving.

Imagine being deeply in love and unable to (ever) touch your beloved....

We lost a lifelong friend to cystic fibrosis not too long ago, but he ‘made it’ to age 54, God Bless him. I remember when the doctors told us that he’d never see his fifth birthday. His life certainly wasn’t a walk in the park, but it was full of love!

Blessings!

Mahrie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2019, 08:58 PM

11,443 posts, read 630,656 times
Heres some I have watched more than once as I love them

Star wars (Original 1 2 and 3)
Halloween (1978)
Night of the Living dead (1990)

Old 07-12-2019, 10:17 AM

6,033 posts, read 6,187,162 times
Funny, lot of people on this thread who watch the same film many times. I too am one such.

I have a library that I sort through weekly or so, trading off this or that. If you horse-trade not much money changes hands, it's not an expensive hobby for films that I like. Over the years I've traded up on tech, from DVD to Blu Ray to...

Those I like, I've seen dozens or more times. Many of mine echo others' favs:

Star Wars, Empire, Attack of the Clones, Revenge of the Sith, Aliens, the Hitcher, LoTR (extended, original editions), starting to re-watch the Hobbit films (mediocre, with their moments), Fight Club (probably my favorite), Interstellar (and Nolan brothers' entire catalog including the Batman trilogy, Inception, and every other), Suicide Squad (uncut: vastly better with more Margot Robbie...who can actually act... and Jared Leto's Joker (ditto)), various Rush, Dream Theater, and Pink Floyd concert films, and maybe forty other films.

In fact if it makes it into my catalog, it's indeed rare and interesting. 'Lucy' from a few years ago was latest entrant, I think, with Interstellar also in 2014. Not much made since has grabbed me that hard, Suicide Squad is okay from 2016 come to think of it and as-mentioned earlier.

I don't obsess, but it's nice to re-watch a favorite sometimes. I've seen Gettysburg...original, uncut, probably yearly since it came out in one form or another, that being such a pivotal moment in American history and handled "well enough" by that treatment. One day they'll redo it with digital effects and it will be that much more vivid, as history really is (in grisly detail). Might pickup the John Wick trilogy when the third comes out, though a fourth will come too I'm convinced after seeing Parts II and III in the theater.

I suppose it's a quirk of a certain personality type, yes. I think I'm more of a film 'nut' than 'buff,' though.

Old 07-13-2019, 11:06 PM

11,443 posts, read 630,656 times
Sometimes you can miss stuff and on a rewatch see it! (I have had many times seen stuff I didnt see or hear in prev viewings)

Old 07-14-2019, 07:52 AM

15,226 posts, read 10,400,882 times
I watched Moonstruck so much I could play any of the characters in a remake. Ditto for the Princess Bride.

Other movies I've watched many times:

Quigley Down Under
Jaws
Ben-Hur
The Godfather 1 & 2
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Daylight
My Cousin Vinny
Forrest Gump
Laura
Random Harvest
Rebecca
Pretty Woman

Last edited by chiluvr1228; 07-14-2019 at 08:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies