Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 05:27 PM

13,520 posts, read 22,147,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S. View Post
This movie looks like Big Dumb Fun. Turn off your brain and enjoy. I can easily see myself in future years sitting down to watch this movie with a big bowl of popcorn, followed by a day long marathon of Flash Gordon, Billy Jack, and Hawk the Slayer.

Well, it was Big Dumb Fun the first time around. I'm not sure what it will be the second time around especially with the same exact plot and scenes (from the looks of it).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2012, 05:27 PM

902 posts, read 1,927,328 times
My youngest son couldn't land an audition for the movie ( he has community theatre experience and made 200 bucks a day for The Wannabe's ) , it was filmed right here in our backyard . Here's the scoop in our Detroit Free Press

While introducing a preview screening of "Red Dawn" at the Palladium 12 in Birmingham last Sunday, one of the film's stars, Josh Peck, asked the local cast and crew members to stand.
"Please give them all a huge round of applause," said the actor best known for Nickelodeon's "Drake & Josh" series. Then, speaking for the entire out-of-state team, he offered thanks. "We just so appreciate your support and letting us come to your hometown and make this movie."
What followed were about 90 minutes of action-driven drama about a band of teens, led by "The Avengers" star Chris Hemsworth, fighting to repel the North Korean invaders who take over their Spokane, Wash., neighborhood and much of the rest of America.

and more at :
'Red Dawn': A bittersweet debut for Michigan | Movies | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

Old 11-13-2012, 12:23 PM

3 posts, read 3,322 times
Wasn't Patrick Swayze in the original.

RIP.

Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM

Yes he was

Partial cast:
Patrick Swayze
Lea Thompson
Charlie Sheen
Jennifer Grey

Red Dawn Trailer (1984) - YouTube

Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM

Usually re-makes , part 2 whatever movies aren't as good as the original . The idea of a movie is to take a person away from their regular lives for a couple of hours and thats the magic of movies . If you don't like a movie , maybe somebody else may like it , so don't ruin it for them . I never listen or read movie critics , because they don't know what I like and they always judge every movie like it supposed to win an Oscar . You may recognize a few cast members or their name like Conner Cruise son of Tom

Red Dawn (2012) - Official Trailer [1080p HD, 3D] - YouTube

Old 11-14-2012, 09:27 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,271,823 times
Cough' Abomination 'Cough

Old 11-15-2012, 03:34 PM

3,763 posts, read 6,715,546 times
It just doesn't look that good IMO. It just looks like another Hollywood remake.

Old 11-16-2012, 11:08 AM

753 posts, read 728,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingnatic View Post
Yes he was

Partial cast:
Patrick Swayze
Lea Thompson
Charlie Sheen
Jennifer Grey

Red Dawn Trailer (1984) - YouTube
Whenever you invade a country by air drop, be sure and practice ammo discipline by machine-gunning high school classes, and use your precious anti-tank rockets against pick-up trucks full of students.

I'll be they taught that on the first day of Red Army airborne school...

Old 11-17-2012, 08:12 AM

24,429 posts, read 23,092,690 times
I saw the original movie in theaters and thought it was just a stupid idea then and its an even dumber idea now.
If cubans invaded us they'd last about two seconds. Russkies would last a few days more. The chinese a few weeks by sheer numbers.
Urban areas might possibly fall pretty quickly, if they were targeted. Biological weapons, lack of supplies. But you'd have one vast rural warzone, millions of gun toting pissed off citizens who know how to hunt and shoot. Two armies, the US military and the US citizenry.
Maybe I'm missing some of the plot this time around since I dismissed it as Hollywood being so brain dead and lacking creativity to the point where a movie like this seemed viable. Who's the invaders? Does the government turn on the people or something? Civil war? That at least would be a new twist.

Old 11-17-2012, 10:50 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,147,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I saw the original movie in theaters and thought it was just a stupid idea then and its an even dumber idea now.
If cubans invaded us they'd last about two seconds. Russkies would last a few days more. The chinese a few weeks by sheer numbers.
Urban areas might possibly fall pretty quickly, if they were targeted. Biological weapons, lack of supplies. But you'd have one vast rural warzone, millions of gun toting pissed off citizens who know how to hunt and shoot. Two armies, the US military and the US citizenry.
Maybe I'm missing some of the plot this time around since I dismissed it as Hollywood being so brain dead and lacking creativity to the point where a movie like this seemed viable. Who's the invaders? Does the government turn on the people or something? Civil war? That at least would be a new twist.

Man, you ask too many questions. You know what happens to people who ask too many questions ....
Here, the "Colonel" explains how everything went down (apparently, back then, China was our ally):

Red Dawn (1984) Scene- The Colonel explains how the invasion happened - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies