Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2012, 03:40 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,992,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
1. Omen (I saw it years later when I was still a wee bit kid)
2. The Changeling
3. I like 'em all but ghost/paranormal ones are the creepiest to me, the others entertain me.
Great movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Looking forward to seeing Sinister tomorrow. It's getting good reviews so far.
Please post your review. We're thinking of seeing it this weekend but the reviews on Rotten Tomatoes have been so-so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,614 times
Havent gotten to see it yet, hopefully weds I will.

Old 10-16-2012, 02:08 PM

8,307 posts, read 13,442,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebuch View Post
Havent gotten to see it yet, hopefully weds I will.
Don't! Once you see him, there is no escape!

Seems like one of those ghost/evil spirit horror movies with cheap scares.

Old 10-17-2012, 09:46 AM

1,306 posts, read 3,119,832 times
1. Alien
2. It and Friday the 13th. And Puppet Master as a runner up.
3. Haunted Houses (but not the new modern shaky cam/stationary cam ones...ugh) and slashers.

Old 10-18-2012, 10:56 PM

16,215 posts, read 11,330,002 times
I'm not particularly fond of horror films, but my choice -- hands down -- is the original 1963 version of Shirley Jackson's The Haunting (of Hill House). (Jackson, BTW, died in the last days before its release.

They named it right -- it doesn't scare so much as haunt you.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:07 PM

24,398 posts, read 23,053,611 times
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir, The Changeling, Ghost Story, Abbott and Costello Meet The Monsters, The Shining, Salems Lot, Ghostbusters, The Reanimator, An American Werewolf In London, Fright Night, The Others.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:01 AM

24,398 posts, read 23,053,611 times
Oops, forgot Poltergeist.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:00 PM

3,918 posts, read 6,832,743 times

1. Scariest movie you have seen?

A nightmare on elm street (original) What is scarier than not being able to fall asleep?

2. Favorite horror movie?
The Ring

3. Favorite Horror Genre? (Slasher / Religious / Paranormal / Ghosts / Vampires / Zombies...etc)
Slasher mostly!

Old 10-22-2012, 07:36 PM

434 posts, read 1,040,738 times
1. Scariest is probably the Ring. Saw this as a teen and when it comes to a real creepy movie, i don't think many can compare. When I was a kid Michael Myers freaked me out!!! I think even in my late teens I popped in a Halloween movie and was like no, no, I can't watch this......Now I'm finally over it though.

2. Favorite horror movie is probably Scream. Fave recent horror is probably Friday 13th remake. Oh and I forgot Zombieland, that was pretty good too. I tend to like more comedy and a 'fun factor' in horror movies. Its hard to make a scary movie, most will fail at that but with broad term of 'horror' its easier. All 3 of the films I mentioned are not scary(Scream had a mini Michael Myers affect on me as a kid but as an adult, not scary) but are good horror because they blended comedy and a 'fun factor' to horror. A constant darkness, creepy atmosphere works too but the film maker also has to try not to bore the audience(which they will....heck, though the Ring is my scariest its also kinda boring too).

3. Fave genre shouldn't be hard to guess....yep slasher flicks.

Old 10-23-2012, 03:03 AM

656 posts, read 1,355,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericmrtt View Post
1. Scariest is probably the Ring. Saw this as a teen and when it comes to a real creepy movie, i don't think many can compare. When I was a kid Michael Myers freaked me out!!! I think even in my late teens I popped in a Halloween movie and was like no, no, I can't watch this......Now I'm finally over it though.

2. Favorite horror movie is probably Scream. Fave recent horror is probably Friday 13th remake. Oh and I forgot Zombieland, that was pretty good too. I tend to like more comedy and a 'fun factor' in horror movies. Its hard to make a scary movie, most will fail at that but with broad term of 'horror' its easier. All 3 of the films I mentioned are not scary(Scream had a mini Michael Myers affect on me as a kid but as an adult, not scary) but are good horror because they blended comedy and a 'fun factor' to horror. A constant darkness, creepy atmosphere works too but the film maker also has to try not to bore the audience(which they will....heck, though the Ring is my scariest its also kinda boring too).

3. Fave genre shouldn't be hard to guess....yep slasher flicks.
I recommend Trick R' treat as well if you like horror/comedy. It's got some fun twist in it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Movies