Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2009, 03:50 PM

873 posts, read 1,806,473 times

Advertisements

I've been riding for nearly 40 years. I have 4 Harleys. The oldest is a 1979 SuperGlide. The newest that I have is a 2005 ElectraGlide. As for price, they are comparable to other makes and similar models. The day of the hard-to-get Harley is over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2009, 04:44 PM

3,537 posts, read 2,866,918 times
I thought you had to be over 65 to ride a Harley? maybe that's just here in Maine.
Alright boys lets park our walkers, take our Centrum silver, and ride into the sunset or at least to the nursing home.

Old 12-07-2009, 06:01 PM

18,270 posts, read 14,451,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaskateguy View Post
Bikes ain't tools. Toyotas are Tools. Bikes are like Speed boats, or sail boats. they are for fun and frolic. They make a Mans heart beat faster, and Gals moisten their undies.

So you look good in your Harley?

Old 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM

2,637 posts, read 4,469,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrat View Post
I thought you had to be over 65 to ride a Harley? maybe that's just here in Maine.
Alright boys lets park our walkers, take our Centrum silver, and ride into the sunset or at least to the nursing home.
Hahahah- I hear ya.-- Back when I was a young Buck, all us cool guys rode Limey Bikes. they were the crotch rockets of the day. Triumphs, Norton's, and BSAs. We called Harleys "Garbage Wagons, and made fun of how slow they were, and how hard to start. and about the size of the Gals that road on back. ---Now day's I'm the one that's hard to start. Harleys have a timeless style of their own. And you always find Friends when you ride one. finest folks I have yet to meet. and today, the Gals even look better.

Old 12-07-2009, 10:41 PM

5,252 posts, read 4,687,271 times
If there wasn't so much of the pseudo tough guy BS associated with the "Harley Experience" I probably wouldn't care what they do or who would own one, but to be around the Hog groups that you see in the small town tavs today is something like a tough guy circus coming to town.

In the small town where I live the Hog's are lined up on the street as though the Angel's were in town and the riders are trying real hard to look as bad ass as they can. This happens when the weather permits and always amuses me for the affectation obviousness of it all.

Who cares what anyone rides? I don't, but the thread was about the proliferation of Hogs and the fact that they are the number one choice of white collar professionals who like to dress up for their big adventure. Sonny Barger the Oakland Hells Angel ex pres once said he thought harleys were "junk" but he rode them to be in the group, he preferred BMW's or Triumph. Ride what ya want, think what ya want, it's a free country..........

Old 12-07-2009, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jertheber View Post
If there wasn't so much of the pseudo tough guy BS associated with the "Harley Experience" I probably wouldn't care what they do or who would own one, but to be around the Hog groups that you see in the small town tavs today is something like a tough guy circus coming to town.

In the small town where I live the Hog's are lined up on the street as though the Angel's were in town and the riders are trying real hard to look as bad ass as they can. This happens when the weather permits and always amuses me for the affectation obviousness of it all.

Who cares what anyone rides? I don't, but the thread was about the proliferation of Hogs and the fact that they are the number one choice of white collar professionals who like to dress up for their big adventure. Sonny Barger the Oakland Hells Angel ex pres once said he thought harleys were "junk" but he rode them to be in the group, he preferred BMW's or Triumph. Ride what ya want, think what ya want, it's a free country..........
I love Bikes, and a few other things. But I have found that most of the things I like, are things I can do by myself. Surf, Bicycle, Skate, or ride a Scooter. I sometimes ride with a few Guys, but mostly it's just me, heading to where ever. I avoid anything that looks like gang crap. Been there done that. Not for me.

Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,985,441 times
Ive had two of pretty much all types/brands of bikes short of a
Ural or Vincent maybe

My Harleys were great bikes. As reliable as a brick and parts were
cheaper than any J-bike to maintain item for item. When I sold my Softy,
Imade 2000 too......Get paid to ride a great bike for a few years.
Seems OK to me

The stuff uninformed haters say can be said about any bike clique...

BMW riders are sort of arrogant about their expensive, bikes that have
constant elec. problems....

Little racer kiddies look as ridiculous as HD gangster wannabes in their
full race telletubbie suits and looking like a chuwawa mating with a
basketball going down the road.....

MC people take themselves waaaay too seriously as a whole (not all, most)
in any clique of MC's. HDs are just the most visible due to their numbers.
Ruff tuff HD doods looking all serious and terrorizing the local HOA people
are easy to laff at , but that doesn't diminish that HD is a great bike.

If you really want to be a rebel and "individualist" in the MC world, ride
a scooter ==

Old 12-08-2009, 08:55 AM

2,698 posts, read 12,186,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoZmiC NinJa View Post
Little racer kiddies look as ridiculous as HD gangster wannabes in their full race telletubbie suits
yeah, wearing safety gear is so lame .......

Mike

Old 12-08-2009, 10:29 AM

Ford or Chevy---some things never change. get over your selves Neighbors, and get some wind in your hair, --while you still have some left.

Old 12-08-2009, 12:38 PM

83 posts, read 228,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyslo View Post
yeah, wearing safety gear is so lame .......

Mike
yep...nothing wrong with teletubby suits...always protect yourself!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Motorcycles, Scooters, ATVs, Boats, Watercrafts, Snowmobiles