Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 09:45 PM

10,147 posts, read 15,054,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
Trust me, no one with ties to Southern WV or particularly Charleston/Huntington is jealous of NC WV or Morgantown.
You don't have to convince me of that. I was married for years to a Kanawhan. You folks actually believe you are the center of the universe there... if only you could get some more pork spending... that would surely do the trick. The mindset in that region is nothing short of delusional, and matches the limits imposed by the area's virtually cloistered world view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2013, 09:52 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,881,655 times
[quote=RVAtoCNC;31306689]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cry_havoc View Post
If it is so obvious you can have a source for that claim. Please show that MOST people who travel through the state think that.

Also your post is a logical fallacy. People might think Pittsburgh is bigger than Boston than Dallas after visiting both places. Your argument is a made up assumption you have about peoples perceptions, which is irrelevant to the actual facts.

Your assumptions are irrelevant.[/Q

You just posted a .

Is that supposed to be some kind of point or when your argument is completetly destroyed and you have no reply you just post a ?

Old 09-06-2013, 09:57 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,274 times
[quote=cry_havoc;31306864]
Quote:

You just posted a .

Is that supposed to be some kind of point or when your argument is completetly destroyed and you have no reply you just post a ?

the was made at the fallacy of your postl

Old 09-06-2013, 10:01 PM

6,347 posts, read 9,881,655 times
[quote=RVAtoCNC;31306908]
Quote:

the was made at the fallacy of your postl

It was your fallacy. You are the one who makes arguments such as, "I have no proof of anything I have said but I am going to claim that most people in the world would think Chicago is bigger than Tokyo after visiting both so therefore Chicago is bigger than Tokyo."

RVA, I realize you dont see anything wrong with this type of argument but it is full of flaws. More than one too.

therefore your emoticon is actually directed at yourself.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:06 PM

[quote=cry_havoc;31306942]
Quote:

It was your fallacy. You are the one who makes arguments such as, "I have no proof of anything I have said but I am going to claim that most people in the world would think Chicago is bigger than Tokyo after visiting both so therefore Chicago is bigger than Tokyo."

RVA, I realize you dont see anything wrong with this type of argument but it is full of flaws. More than one too.

therefore your emoticon is actually directed at yourself.
Off subject - are you male or female? I read somewhere/sometime that you were a gal, but you argue like a guy - just wonderin.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:11 PM

Actually, in terms of people within "city limits", not that this has any real bearing on anything important, Pittsburgh is a medium sized city with somewhere between 300 and 400 thousand people. Like Morgantown, the limits define a limited geographic area. It is the 2 million people who live around Pittsburgh that give it its large city status. There are more people living within 70 miles of Pittsburgh than there are in the entire state of West Virginia. In fact, much of West Virginia's population would be included in that number for Pittsburgh. You could easily make the same point for Baltimore/DC except there the size of the cities are even more impressive.

None of those areas is ever going to be confused with New York, or Los Angeles, or Chicago, but any of those areas absolutely dwarf the totality of southern West Virginia in terms of significance. That includes Pittsburgh and Baltimore/DC.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:14 PM

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31306984]
Quote:

Off subject - are you male or female? I read somewhere/sometime that you were a gal, but you argue like a guy - just wonderin.
Why would you ask something like that? You argue like a girl but nobody is questioning your sexuality. That is irrelevant.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:16 PM

[quote=CTMountaineer;31307068]
Quote:

Why would you ask something like that? You argue like a girl but nobody is questioning your sexuality. That is irrelevant.
I know you are a girl, which is why I ddn't ask you.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:21 PM

[quote=RVAtoCNC;31307081]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTMountaineer View Post

I know you are a girl, which is why I ddn't ask you.
LOL ... lame. Havoc beats you hands down. My wife is a girl and she could definitely kick your butt.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:28 PM

[quote=CTMountaineer;31307112]
Quote:

LOL ... lame. Havoc beats you hands down. My wife is a girl and she could definitely kick your butt.
My wife is also a girl and is a US Army combat vet and could kick you and your wife's butt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > West Virginia > Morgantown