Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 09:38 PM

3,195 posts, read 2,649,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTourist View Post
Not fake stories, but don't make Montreal a world leader in the A.I. My whole point.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 04:02 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Not fake stories, but don't make Montreal a world leader in the A.I. My whole point.
I'm not trying to make Montreal a world leader in AI but news stories abound making it one of the places where AI is definitely an up and coming industry, to say " Montreal is not even on the map" is somewhat disingenuous statement and is a pointless point to make considering every one of your posts is a negative comment on Montreal or Canada from some one who lives in NY, whats up with that? ..

Old 10-11-2017, 07:32 AM

17,115 posts, read 15,341,895 times
Quote:
Someone too salty or has comprehension issues?

Don't get upset that much. A.I. is just not a Canadian thing like many others, big deal.
Salty about what? I don't even live there. But for locals, why wouldn't it be something to be excited about?

Old 10-11-2017, 07:38 AM

Quote:

When I was Canada I noticed everybody was studying something so hard all the time and talking about degrees, but nobody had freaking real high profile jobs or any path to them, even in theory. No wonder all they could do is to study till they drop dead. Finding some outsourced job in American branch office could be one the best thing happen to them, provided they were chained to Canada.
Of the people I know in Montreal: 2 are doctors, 3 are lawyers, 3 are engineering project managers, one is a Senior Director at Deloitte... All ages ranging from 30-34.

Companies like Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney, Deloitte (who recently built a new tower), Air Canada, Square Enix... Those aren't particularly small firms.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:54 PM

2,077 posts, read 1,122,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcenal352 View Post
Of the people I know in Montreal: 2 are doctors, 3 are lawyers, 3 are engineering project managers, one is a Senior Director at Deloitte... All ages ranging from 30-34.

Companies like Bombardier, Pratt & Whitney, Deloitte (who recently built a new tower), Air Canada, Square Enix... Those aren't particularly small firms.
Yes, but these 30 to 34 year old folks don't suffer from being dumped by a partner fed up with their bull****. They have a life to speak of.

Old 10-12-2017, 07:10 PM

218 posts, read 509,866 times
Quote:
Aren't here 2 American and a Japanese company mixed in to this very short list for some reason?

Guess where the most high profile and cushy jobs in these companies are located.

Deloitte tower, yes, great achievement. This building is probably the 1st commercial "tower" built in Montreal in the last 20 years, since couple of skyscrapers from 1990's. At least I can't remember anything else. We can dismiss CGI complex since it was taxpayer-backed enterprise, and it was also a decade ago, btw. Tells you a story about true economic climate of Montreal.

Bombardier? That's one lethargic company on life support. Look up Bombardier, Boeing and Airbus stocks behavior in the last few years. Another clue.

While stocks and tech companies are booming, Bombardier can't get it up. Hmm, why is that?

Quote:
Good for them, they're cream of the crop there.

On the other had, where I am people have a chance to work and mingle with world renowned professionals in their fields on another level and with completely different benefits, of course.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:45 PM

26,872 posts, read 37,997,315 times
OK raise your hand everyone who wants to see pics of the girl!

Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 PM

3,195 posts, read 2,649,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acajack View Post
OK raise your hand everyone who wants to see pics of the girl!

Hear, hear

Old 10-13-2017, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Aren't here 2 American and a Japanese company mixed in to this very short list for some reason?
So what? We live in a global economy. The companies I mentioned have a significant presence in Montreal.
No, it's not NYC, nor will it ever be, but people there do live comfortably and thrive just as well as any place else.
Not sure what your problem is...

Old 10-13-2017, 10:44 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Not sure what your problem is...
A few negative comments from Tourist on Canada/Quebec would make for good discussion but when every one of his 200+ posts are a negative reflection on our country something else is going on.
I dont believe Tourist is from NY but instead a disgruntled Anglo living in the Lac St Jean region probably
Alma.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada > Montreal