Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-03-2015, 09:46 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times

Advertisements

I've come to the conclusion, that stupid people are, well, stupid, and you can't fix stupid. You can't even slow it down. Its like a wreck about to happen. You know you shouldn't watch, you want to turn away and just can't, you watch it happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 02:34 PM

71 posts, read 72,718 times
Happy Easter! Has everyone found all those Easter Eggs yet?

Old 04-05-2015, 09:08 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,045,610 times
I hope everybody had a better Easter than I did.

I colored a dozen jumbo eggs last night, they were beautiful. I also loaded a dozen plastic eggs with jelly beans, m&M's snd such. This morning I went out at the crack of dawn and his them around the place.

I came back in and fixed an omelette,, fried Gators and some mixed fruit. Had a couple cups of coffer and at 9, decided it was time for the Easter Egg Hunt of 2015. Do you know I could only find 5 eggs? I think one of them was a last years egg, all son bleached and when I opened it, the stuff inside was just a lump at one end. Tasted like jelly chocolate, only bitter. Its getting harder every year. So far, I'm missing about 250 eggs.

Old 04-05-2015, 10:11 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,156,006 times
You aren't missing any eggs... ya know those dinosaurs you've been getting around the place? What did you think they hatched from, anyway??

Old 04-05-2015, 10:12 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I hope everybody had a better Easter than I did.

I colored a dozen jumbo eggs last night, they were beautiful. I also loaded a dozen plastic eggs with jelly beans, m&M's snd such. This morning I went out at the crack of dawn and his them around the place.

I came back in and fixed an omelette,, fried Gators and some mixed fruit. Had a couple cups of coffer and at 9, decided it was time for the Easter Egg Hunt of 2015. Do you know I could only find 5 eggs? I think one of them was a last years egg, all son bleached and when I opened it, the stuff inside was just a lump at one end. Tasted like jelly chocolate, only bitter. Its getting harder every year. So far, I'm missing about 250 eggs.
.............My guess is those "Fried Gators" are effecting your brain

Old 04-06-2015, 01:10 AM

7,378 posts, read 12,661,333 times
My mom used to hide chocolate Easter eggs around the house when I was a kid, a huge number of small foil-wrapped chocolate eggs, and then we'd set out to find them. One year we ended up with one more egg than the number she swore she'd hidden... yep, one egg was from the year before. Or even earlier. And they all looked the same. So what did we do? We ate 'em all...

Old 04-06-2015, 07:45 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,575,024 times
Not big on the hard boiled eggs for Easter, but I do love the baked ham with pineapple

I was going to rototill the garden this weekend, get the spuds in anyway, maybe kill some weeds, wouldn't you know it, snow and sleet. Turned the garden into a bottomless muddy morass. Springtime in the Rockies.

When I was a kid back on the Bozeman Pass, one year between sundown Good Friday and sunrise Easter Morning, we got 5 feet of snow on the level. Sure made it tough to do the chores that morning!

Next weekend I have to go to Livingston for the Park County Pioneers. My family has been in the Paradise Valley since before the state was a state, so as member of a pioneer family, my parents won't miss the annual dinner, and kind of grab me by the ear and take me too.

They did the same thing weekend before last as they were playing for a dance and I showed up, so I had to play too. They're talented musicians, I'm not. I do play fiddle, but luckily I left it home in Helena, so I got off with just playing the Jew's harp, which of course caught the attention of the attendees as they hadn't seen one before, or for a very long time.

They're much more social than I am, but they seem to have made it their mission in life to make sure I get in on all the "fun" too.

I commiserated for all the socializing I've had to do lately, and went out an bought myself a new Navy Colt, .44!!
Got the pistol, powder flask, cleaning kit, tool, some lead balls, the grease and solvent for $250, which as it was brand new in the box, wasn't too bad.

Prarie dogs beware! Jose Wales is coming to Prarie Dog town!!

Old 04-06-2015, 10:55 AM

I'll eat your share of the hard boiled eggs. Deviled and sucked down a dozen at a crack.

Ain't see a Jew's harp in decades! Cool little instrument. I used to have one around here somewhere... a proficient player can get a lot more from it than you'd expect. I just make noise.

Anyone get snowed on this morning? We got freezing rain, or at least the trees are all coated with ice. That apple what's been putting off blooming even tho it's been ready for a week musta knew somethin' we didn't.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:34 PM

Up Periscope!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtYB9zEwQ3w

Some of these Russian roads need a coat of sealant.

Old 04-13-2015, 10:53 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,120,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post

........>>>>>(SNIP)>>>>>>....I commiserated for all the socializing I've had to do lately, and went out an bought myself a new Navy Colt, .44!!
Got the pistol, powder flask, cleaning kit, tool, some lead balls, the grease and solvent for $250, which as it was brand new in the box, wasn't too bad.

Prarie dogs beware! Jose Wales is coming to Prarie Dog town!!
Sounds like you got a great deal!!!! Have you had a chance to use it yet?........Should be adequate for WT Deer out to 30 yards or so, right? Or better yet come over here and get rid of some of these damn Turkeys............had 21 in the yard yesterday morning......some not more than 20 feet from the deck.........they drive the dog nuts when he's out in the dog run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana