Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2012, 09:43 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,751,351 times

Advertisements

Just had to dig out our truck buried under 3 days of snow- a good 6 inches here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2012, 10:12 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Wow! Where do you live? We have just had a few flakes. Frost on the car today. Fall Fest in Townsend today.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:56 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
First hard freeze enough to clog the hoses night before last... just frost on leaves today, tho it was supposed to be colder I don't think it made it, at least not uniformly. Frozen here, not there.

Old 10-06-2012, 12:26 PM

Location: A Very Naughtytown In Northwestern Montanifornia U.S.A.
1,088 posts, read 1,947,039 times
Default Getting colder and the wildlife.

We took this pic of a reddish colored Black Bear last month while bumping about in the Salish Range. The actual location was the joke they call the National Bison Range. It used to be jam packed with all sorts of native large animals with lots of bison and now it seems a bit sparse.
We got lots of good Pronghorn photos and this one bad fuzzy wuzzy pic of a bear that was about to disappear into the bush. I took a fuzzy wuzzy photo cuz I took the pic before the camera was fully focused.

You all talking about the frost and colder days coming on reminded me that I have to get some antifreeze window washer fluid into the reservoir in our (new to us), used Mercury Sable. I hope it's not frozen already, all I had in it was water.

The Bighorn Sheep are all migrating back down into the valley edges and lower rocky areas now. You'll be seeing lots of them along highway 200 near Thompson Falls area.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow! Where do you live? We have just had a few flakes. Frost on the car today. Fall Fest in Townsend today.
Red Lodge. We actually had windy, blizzardy conditions on & off for 3 days. Icy roads last night & this morning;friends said there was a truck flipped over north of town. Nice sunny day today for it all to melt!

I don't mind- I'm ready to ski!

Old 10-06-2012, 03:40 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Today, I am dedicating massive amounts of time to my new cell phone. I changed service and upgraded to a phone that is much smarter than me. In my past life I was a Process and Design Engineer in Fiber Optics and Electronics, however, my past experience isn't doing much good.

I have successfully got it to ring. Now I need to figure out how to make it stop.
I have successfully got it to take a picture. Now I need to figure out how to get it out of my phone.
I have successfully got it to charge the battery. Now I am afraid to unplug it for fear everything will go away.
I have successfully loaded an app. Now I need to convince myself I don't need thousands of apps that look cool.

I did play with the camera, a little bit and it has this really neat feature. It has a flash (no, that's not the really neat feature). When you want to take a picture in the dark, you can't see anything on the screen to make sure you are lined up. Not so. The flash comes on at half power so you can see good enough to line everything up and then it flashes after a short pause. I thought I had it all figured out and this morning I took a picture of breakfast in the frying pan and by looking at the picture you can almost make out that it is a frying pan. hahahaha

Stupid me, saw this little box that said, load contacts. So I checked it. Bad move. It loaded my entire, 300 people contacts, from my email accounts. So now when I want to call my brother, for instance, I have to wade through a hundred or so people on the list, just to get to his name so I can click on it. So I have 200 people on there that don't have phone numbers because they were just email contacts. Of course, I spent several hours putting my old phone contacts into this new phone and then saw that checkmark, so now the 100 people I did have phone numbers for, are now duplicates on my list. grrrrrrrrr. Every notice there is a box that you can checkmark to do something, but noplace is there a box to checkmark that says, "Whoops, back up, I didn't mean to do that."

Last edited by ElkHunter; 10-08-2012 at 08:09 AM..

Old 10-08-2012, 07:42 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times
Good luck with your phone.

Funny story...some folks from back East moved here and bought a place outside or town...now they are crazed because there is no cell service in their new home. They can't use their fancy gadgets. Well....they should have checked for cell service before buying.

Old 10-08-2012, 10:41 AM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
Haha, this is precisely why on purpose, I bought the dumbest cellphone I could find!! It barely knows this "contacts" thing, let alone apps. It will take something dimly resembling a photo, but since you'll go blind trying to figure out what it was there's no point, saving me from that folly. It can be banged around in my pocket and not break. I like it.

Old 10-08-2012, 09:18 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reziac View Post
Haha, this is precisely why on purpose, I bought the dumbest cellphone I could find!! It barely knows this "contacts" thing, let alone apps. It will take something dimly resembling a photo, but since you'll go blind trying to figure out what it was there's no point, saving me from that folly. It can be banged around in my pocket and not break. I like it.
I have to be able to check on my disability check and then be able to purchase lottery tickets in another state and then check the results on the Internet. If I could send it to buy beer, it would be even better.

Old 10-09-2012, 09:02 AM

Snowing here again- about an inch overnight & still coming down!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana