Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2012, 12:11 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,357,132 times

Advertisements

Okay, it is time for the first snowfall betting pool...Townsend...I am going to say, October 1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2012, 12:58 PM

8,087 posts, read 15,159,512 times
I think the snow bet needs to be its own thread so everyone can play!

Bozeman, Sept 28.

Old 09-07-2012, 08:07 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,053,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
I feel whole again. Yesterday, late afternoon, I went and picked up my 4 wheeler from the Honda Dealer. They finally got it fixed. Course, I can't complain. I took it in and they tore it down and called me with an estimate 48 hours later. They took only 10 days to fix it. I've been lazy to and I haven't even unloaded it yet.

All in due time. For now, I think I'll take a nap. Then maybe a little lunch and of course, an after lunch nap........ We'll see.
Scratch that. I unloaded it and test drove it. Still broke. I called them up and told them it was still broke. Their answer was, "We put it on the machine and it cleared the code, it should be good." I asked them, "Do you paint by numbers too? Did an actuall mechanic work on it, or just a kid that follows the test set, not capable of using his head?"

Taking it back in on Monday and then I am going to have a chat with Dick. He owns the dealership.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:37 PM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,121,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Scratch that. I unloaded it and test drove it. Still broke. I called them up and told them it was still broke. Their answer was, "We put it on the machine and it cleared the code, it should be good." I asked them, "Do you paint by numbers too? Did an actuall mechanic work on it, or just a kid that follows the test set, not capable of using his head?"

Taking it back in on Monday and then I am going to have a chat with Dick. He owns the dealership.
..............This kinda CRAP goes on all the time

I truly believe that not (1) in (25) car dealerships, ATV or auto repair shops really understand the word "service" AND thoroughly "test-drive" and "check-out" the "completed work on a customers rig!!

I hope you really "ream-him-a-new-one"..........it's not like "you live right down the street'!!

I'd hit him up for money for the gas and TIME you will have had to expend due to their "lousy service".

...THIS IS WHY I PAY FOR EVERYTHING I BUY (be it an item or service work) with my American Express (Costco) Credit Card (or other similiar Card).........just one phone call to them and payment is STOPPED until YOU are satisfied with the work done.!!

Just my opinion..........................

(NOTE The Amex Card costs me nothing....plus you get CASH back anywhere from 1% to 3% on your total annual useage of the card:...... Groceries, fuel, meals, parts etc, etc, etc. Why more people don't use a (Cash-Back) Credit Card is beyond me...........all you gotta do is "Pay your bill ON TIME every month" and to use it costs you nothing!!!..............................Again, Just my opinion!!

Old 09-07-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Griz View Post
..............This kinda CRAP goes on all the time

I truly believe that not (1) in (25) car dealerships, ATV or auto repair shops really understand the word "service" AND thoroughly "test-drive" and "check-out" the "completed work on a customers rig!!

I hope you really "ream-him-a-new-one"..........it's not like "you live right down the street'!!

I'd hit him up for money for the gas and TIME you will have had to expend due to their "lousy service".

...THIS IS WHY I PAY FOR EVERYTHING I BUY (be it an item or service work) with my American Express (Costco) Credit Card (or other similiar Card).........just one phone call to them and payment is STOPPED until YOU are satisfied with the work done.!!

Just my opinion..........................

(NOTE The Amex Card costs me nothing....plus you get CASH back anywhere from 1% to 3% on your total annual useage of the card:...... Groceries, fuel, meals, parts etc, etc, etc. Why more people don't use a (Cash-Back) Credit Card is beyond me...........all you gotta do is "Pay your bill ON TIME every month" and to use it costs you nothing!!!..............................Again, Just my opinion!!
From one old squid to another. The Navy Federal Credit union credit card (Visa) is free of charge and a cash back card, for people over 55. That's what I use, but I've never thought about using it for stopping a payment because of service. I don't have vehicles worked on very often. The last time was about 2005. hahaha So, not thinking, I paid cash on this 4 wheeler repair, but being in a small town, and pretty much people knowing everybody, I'll be talking to the owner and he's pretty good about making things right.

Old 09-08-2012, 01:49 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,751,351 times
We saw a bit of fresh snow along the Beartooth Hwy this morning

Old 09-08-2012, 02:12 PM

448 posts, read 1,070,539 times
EH, you are the MAN!! Great job and hug to ya

Old 09-08-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bongo View Post
We saw a bit of fresh snow along the Beartooth Hwy this morning
Oh no!

I love winter and usually look forward to it. This year, I'm not so sure. hahaha Many of you know about me plowing snow, well, yesterday we made it easier. There is a long 400 ft driveway, that splits and goes past my cabin, so that is another 200 ft. So 600 ft of driveway with one area that is wide in front of the shop. We made it better! At least the 400 ft run, and the wide area in front of the shop.

Remember earlier this year, the city tore up a gravel road, so we got all the dirt and we hauled in about 180 truck loads of dirt? Well, the city layed down the new road base, put in curb, and then contracted us to pave it. Well, Somebody, cough cough, accidentally ordered, cough cough, 2 extra loads of asphalt. So we had to, cough cough, dispose of it, somewhere.

Paver and roller

The truck that I usually drive

You can see my cabin on the other side of the paver.

Old 09-10-2012, 10:14 AM

6,756 posts, read 8,578,245 times
It would be nice to have a new paved driveway

Did you find out anything about your quad?

I got the front end of my truck working, and now the power steering pump is leaking all over the place

Vehicles are wonderful when they work, but are sure a pain in the buns when they don't!

Old 09-10-2012, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTSilvertip View Post
It would be nice to have a new paved driveway

Did you find out anything about your quad?

I got the front end of my truck working, and now the power steering pump is leaking all over the place

Vehicles are wonderful when they work, but are sure a pain in the buns when they don't!
Well, you know that they didn't fix it. I didn't test drive it until Friday afternoon and it was too late to take into town then, so I took it into town today and the dealer scares the hell out of me. I have never encountered a dealership that had such an inept senior mechanic. Whao, that was way too strong of a word. I'm sorry, let me rephrase it. I have never encountered a dealership that had such an inept old guy working in the motorcycle/4 wheeler section. The man is obviously, not a mechanic.

I explained to him what the problem is. After it is warm from riding for about 10 minutes and you stop, it doesn't automatically shift into 1st to take off. If you try and take off, it slips, but if you throttle down and stop again, now you'll hear the stepping motor, downshift into first and you can take off again. It is electric shift manual, or automatic. Manual works, but Automatic doesn't shift back into first when you stop.

The old guy working in the cycle part, says, "Oh.... I'll have to call somebody or read up on it, because the computer isn't showing any fault codes so I'm not sure where to start."

I thought about telling him, "You start by hiring a real mechanic that can work on engines and not simply rely on a fault indicator to tell them what to replace. I'll bet when you have a flat tire, the fault indicator won't tell you the tire is flat, but yet, you can look at it and tell. That's what a mechanic does, he cracks it open and looks for other problems." But I didn't say anything. Dick (owner) wasn't there today, but I'll darn sure be calling him in the morning.

By the way, thought everybody would get a kick out of this. In order to take the 4 wheeler to the shop, you need 4 things.

1) Truck to haul it with - I just happen to have one.

2) 4 wheeler to take - you'd look real stupid telling them to work on this and this wasn't along.

3) A ramp - so you can marry item 1 and item 2 together.

4) A 5th of whiskey - so that you can get the courage to marry item 1 and item 2. It's a little steep for street tires.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana