Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,377,352 times

Advertisements

Wow! Glad your dog is okay. I always stress when travelling with pets. Yes, too bad you don't drink, after reading that whole drama, I needed a beer.

I bought boots, gloves, hats, scarves, t-necks, coats, I am ready for winter, bring it on!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2011, 09:21 AM

7,383 posts, read 12,677,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
Through it all, My dog was ok. He did excellent. I saved the pizza from the first part of the flight and gave it to him when I took him for potty at Seattle. Heck, he deserved a treat! LOL

That was my adventure. Oh and Delta will be getting a complaint. My cousin booked the ticket and he is ex airline personnel..and he KNOWS exactly where they screwed up and u can better believe he will be chewing them a new tail section!
I'm sweating bullets myself, reading about your travel woes! But the most important thing is of course that the pooch made it through the ordeal okay, and your mom was able to handle the situation. So all the best wishes for your new life at home in Libby! It's such a wonderful area, and you'll have so much fun going to all those great vertical places after living in Flatland!

Old 09-28-2011, 10:57 AM

Location: Approximately 50 miles from Missoula MT/38 yrs full time after 4 yrs part time
2,308 posts, read 4,124,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaBonnema View Post
LOL.. naaah didnt think you were being a smarty butt.
My trip... hmmm lets see.--.................................................. ...............
my dog was onboard. .................................................. .............

Through it all, My dog was ok. He did excellent. ...................................

That was my adventure.
Thanks for taking the time to go over the details of your (and Bruno's) trip

I must say, you are indeed a lady of 'strong will' and perseverance.

So very glad Bruno had no difficulties with the trip.

Wish you, your mom and Bruno the best, now that you're back in "Big-Sky-Country".

...................I feel compelled to relay a short story which shows how "our world has changed" ( as related to security, help someone you don't know, and understand someone else's "point-of-view'.)

Back in 1955 I had a scheduled business trip out of old "Midway Airport" in Chicago. Going from Chicago to DesMoines, Iowa. After all business was taken care of, I was going to be Pheasant Hunting (on my wife's uncle's farm) over the week-end, thus I had my favorite shotgun (in a case) with me. (Didn't have to ck it through in those days----you just carried it on board and the stewardess put it in the clothes closet up front)----No big deal----.

Well I was late getting to the airport....and as I was just getting to the departure gate-------------the door was closed and the plane (a DC6-B) was getting ready to slowly pull away from the gate area. I immediately asked the gate attendent to have the tower ask the pilot to look in the window area that he was just starting to pull away from.........

There I was standing right up against the window with my "Orange Hunting Hat" in one hand and my "shotgun" in the other-----waving like a fool at the pilot.

Yeah......that's right.......He stopped turning away from the gate area and pulled back to the loading ramp......they extended the ramp......opened the plane door and the stewardess's comment (as I entered the plane) was:....."We never ruin a guy's "huntin trip". Small round of applause as I sat down... embarrassed as hell!!

Yeah............"The Good Old Days.......we will never see them again!!(sad)

Old 09-28-2011, 11:02 AM

6,259 posts, read 14,681,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Coffee's on early this morning.

Have to jump in the rain locker and then get ready to go to that awful place called town. Get the cast cut off so I can get the rest of my change and be able to afford a pop today while in town.

It is that time of year that I'm actually going to have to wear long pants too. It's currently 40 degrees and still dropping. Figure it'll be around 40 or so when I jump on the 4 wheeler and head for town. Might be a bit chilly in shorts.

Gotta remember to take my other boot as I'll need it after I get to the VA. hahaha

Out of grits this morning, guess it's oatmeal. Couple of eggs throwed into something, some hashbrowns. Whatever I fix is going to have copious amounts of salsa on it though. Kind of one of those spicey kind of days.

Supposed to be windy today, both here and all of Eastern Montana. Not harsh wind, but 20+ in spots. Don't get blown into ND Seven.
No worries, just less leaf raking....

Old 09-28-2011, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElkHunter View Post
Rez, I guess my son is made out of a little different material then I am. We talked about it and he told me, "Dad, this is not worth loosing a friendship, however, I am going to be very guarded around him and yes, I'm still going to kick his ass when he comes down here."

No word on the horses from anybody, but that doesn't mean a lot. Cell phones don't work up on the mountains. Would you believe, they positioned the tower about half way up the mountain. So when you are on top, no signal unless you can get up on Look Out Mountain, Black Mountain, etc... Do you know that there is an area, that used to be named something else, but now, if you ask, everybody knows exactly where you are talking about when you say, "I was hunting up by telephone hill". hahahaha

It's the fall roundup, so them boys and girls are pretty busy getting in the nooks and crannys after livestock. I have no doubt they will be found, if not already, and brought down to the pens.

Coffee's on. Eggs sunny side up (3 of em), hashbrowns, toast with butter and jelly, bacon and some pineapple slices.

Seven, have you been seeing any Northern Lights yet? I can see them from my place but usually later in the year. Haven't seen any yet, but I'll wager you have.

When I was hauling railroaders, and had to run from here to Foresyth, I'd take 47 cut across from Hardin to Custer and that's a darn lonely stretch of road. But going up I was staring straight at the Northern Lights. Then head East from Custer and again, it's dark up there and dthe lights would be dancing off to my left. Many a night, if I had time, I would pull off out there and just watch for as much time as I could. My kids told me one time, get some pictures. I told them, "No, get your butt out of town and look for yourself because pictures won't cut it on something like this. It's the dancing that you want to see, not still photo's."

Cold front moving in, finally going to get some fall type weather. We've been spoiled so far this year.
No, stupid cloud cover...LOL or maybe I just gotta go to bed too early!

Old 09-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Wow! that Bruno is a handsome fellow, EH do not show Timber, you might lose her..
The days here on the prairie are quite beautiful, blue skies, falling leaves, just the right temps. Making applesause and checking the smoker and all that venison prep stuff..Great time of the year...

Old 09-28-2011, 11:42 AM

9,341 posts, read 29,693,899 times
Default L'Shannah Tovah & Happy 5772

Here's wishing all of you, Happy New Year 5772: "May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year."

Rosh ha Shannah, the Jewish New Year, commemorates the anniversary of the creation of the world, and more specifically the day on which G-d created Man, G-d's final and most precious creation; and, of G-d as judge, dispensing mercy or justice to those who do or do not repent their sins.

Rosh ha Shannah (Lev. 23:23-25) begins at sundown, this evening, Wednesday, September 28, on the civil calendar, and marks the beginning of the High Holy Days that end 9 days later on Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement, Lev. 16:29-31, 23:26-32).

L'Shannah Tovah* & Happy 5772,

Walter Greenspan

* L'Shannah Tovah (li-SHAH-nuh TOH-vuh; li-shah-NAH toh-VAH)
Hebrew. Lit. for a good year. The common greeting during Rosh ha Shannah and the Days of Awe. This is a shortening of "L'Shannah tovah tikatev v'taihatem" (or, to women, "L'Shannah tovah tikatevi v'taihatemi"), which means, "May you be inscribed and sealed for a good year."

Old 09-28-2011, 08:49 PM

18,700 posts, read 42,074,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Wow! Glad your dog is okay. I always stress when travelling with pets. Yes, too bad you don't drink, after reading that whole drama, I needed a beer.

I bought boots, gloves, hats, scarves, t-necks, coats, I am ready for winter, bring it on!
See, there's the first sign of a rooky. "I'm ready for winter." Just kidding. I'd wager and say that even the Griz wouldn't say that...... Out loud.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 AM

4,023 posts, read 5,532,415 times
MaB.......that's terrible! Airports are such fun......NOT! Even before I read to the end, I had a feeling that the friend had left the bags at one point or another.......and that was why they surrounded you...... I am glad all are safe.......

Old 09-29-2011, 08:28 AM

448 posts, read 1,070,936 times
That's why I quit flying and DRIVE everywhere I go now!! No more flying for me !!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Montana