Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 08:20 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,124 times

Advertisements

What are your personal favorite "hangouts" in Mobile?

Mine are ...

Alabama Music Box (The Music Box)
Studio 54
B-Bobs (if we, wife and I, are meeting up with homosexual friends)
Wings
Midtown Mellow Mushroom
The Purple Cafe (although I hate that it changed locations)
Skyview Lounge (but only for a couple of drinks after a long day of work)
Bottom floor of Riverview Hotel

Fwiw, I like walking around downtown Mobile drunk at night (no comments on that please, Mr. Crabb ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2010, 01:51 PM

139 posts, read 214,924 times
The Crooked Martini
Studio 54
Serdas
Cream and Sugar
Taste
Club Insanity
Pure (cool new club on azalea)
Stir Mobile
Spot of tea ultra lounge
Elks ( Thursday night!!)

I used to like the double olive and Martinis on Dauphin......but they both just shut down suddenly!! Does anybody know anything about that?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM

2,667 posts, read 6,783,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by port25 View Post
Pure (cool new club on azalea)
Live within walking distance to there. Been wondering what it was. What is it like? What kind of crowd does it cater to?

Old 10-03-2010, 02:41 PM

109 posts, read 365,516 times
Do any of these places host punk bands? I used to go to a place called the Cellblock, but since its closed I havent been anywhere.

Old 10-03-2010, 05:50 PM

287 posts, read 498,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PITBOSS View Post
Do any of these places host punk bands? I used to go to a place called the Cellblock, but since its closed I havent been anywhere.
Wow, dude, where have you been? The Cellblock has been gone since like 2007 and now that owner started The Alabama Music Box bar/venue that has most of the local punk/alternative music in Mobile back in 2008. It is over where the old Soul Kitchen was on Dauphin st. Unless you been out of town or in jail, I can't believe you have not heard of the Music Box. Go too Alabama Music Box on MySpace Music - Free Streaming MP3s, Pictures & Music Downloads or the facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mobile...?v=info&ref=ts.

Old 10-05-2010, 11:36 AM

5 posts, read 10,507 times
I have relocated to Mobile from the Nashville area. Still haven't found a place to call "my place for chillaxin". These places listed here sound like a younger crowd. Would love a place with bluesy/jazz/old rock in the background where if one chose to have a conversation it would not require screaming.You know , have a drink, share a quick bite pass some time on a lazy afternoon. Age group 40's?? working class. Am I asking too much? Thanks in advance..

Old 10-05-2010, 05:58 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachykeenRN View Post
I have relocated to Mobile from the Nashville area. Still haven't found a place to call "my place for chillaxin". These places listed here sound like a younger crowd. Would love a place with bluesy/jazz/old rock in the background where if one chose to have a conversation it would not require screaming.You know , have a drink, share a quick bite pass some time on a lazy afternoon. Age group 40's?? working class. Am I asking too much? Thanks in advance..

Not at all....Skyview lounge,Crooked Martini,Cannon grill(new location),Wine loft,Liquied,Callogens,and etc

Old 10-06-2010, 11:03 AM

139 posts, read 214,924 times
where is the cannons grill new location?

Old 10-06-2010, 01:22 PM

5,002 posts, read 9,167,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by port25 View Post
where is the cannons grill new location?

Double Olive I believe
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
View detailed profiles of: