Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area
 [Register]
Mobile area Mobile County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2008, 05:03 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times

Advertisements

Since we now have a good group of Mobilians, I thought it might be fun to post some things we love about Mobile either past or present.

I love the Hugh houses along Gov't street. I always wanted to live in one.

Mardi Gras at the K of C hall
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 08:35 PM

80 posts, read 400,029 times
I love all the good food and good restaurants.

Old 03-22-2008, 09:00 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
To live in Mobile you must love seafood and azaleas. I love both!

Old 03-22-2008, 09:55 PM

19 posts, read 72,529 times
Watching the BayBears play on a businessman's special day (I love day games), boating the Tensaw and Mobile, fishing for specks, and eating lunch on the causeway (OOH, Bluegill, and Ed's). Jags football is something I'm so looking forward to.

Old 03-23-2008, 06:10 AM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
Miss LuLu's pony rides on Holcomb Av.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:57 AM

Picklefish. Good pizza and definitely a Mobile landmark.

Old 03-24-2008, 08:01 AM

90 posts, read 402,016 times
1. Food- Causeway seafood,Pickle Fish, Boiling Pot -serves nice Po boys,The Gran Pa Woo a yacht that serves dinner and cruises the bay,Gon fishin -a nice Mom and Pop eatery,You cant fack the Foo Mobilians know what I mean when I say that lol,the list can go on and on

2. Big houses on Govt street,Springhill Ave, and Dauphin street and how the huge 300 year old live oaks just cover the street like a tunnel.

3. Mobile`s many historic districts which has houses that have stood thye test of time.

4. Mardi Gra - I love to see downtown packed with oevr 300,000 Mardi Gra goesr and it`s all a big family.

5. I love the idea in Mobile on a nice summer weekend you can take a day trip and come back that same day with out paying money for a hotel.

6.Mobile definintly has a distinguished charecter well any part of Mobile that is east of Florida Street.

and oh yeah like an earlier poster said Jag football is something to look forward to !!!!

Old 03-24-2008, 09:43 AM

Right now is a good time to tour Bellingrath Gardens too. The azaleas in bloom are awesome.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:56 AM

90 posts, read 402,016 times
Yeah I forgot that one, how the city is full of color during spring Grand Blvd right off of Springhill is full of color so is Oldshell Rd in the historic neighborhoods

Old 03-26-2008, 12:22 PM

247 posts, read 1,109,362 times
Default My Top Ten

1. Fat Tuesday during Mardi Gras, watching the Knights of Revelry parade with the pretty blue and silver costumes glistening in the light. Made even better if I can snag an invitation to the reception (which my husband dislikes) and get to wear my hat!

2. Battle House Restoration, you must stop in for a peek! They do free tours. Also Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception.

3. Azaleas right now. Everytime I walk out of the Oakleigh Garden District in the morning and see that tunnel of live oaks spread out before me, I think how lucky am I?! Azaleas are really pretty right now in that section they planted a few years ago on Spring Hill Avenue.

4. Azalea Trail Run, coming out to marvel at the Kenyans.

5. Callaghan's on Sunday night.

6. Liquid for sushi, I love Foosackly's too- especially Foo sauce, Spot of Tea outside looking at Cathedral Square. Battle House bar.

7. Ashland Place Subdivision, wish I could afford to live there! All the historic neighborhoods, which I love to jog around. The Oakleigh House Museum.

8. My friends in my neighborhood and the many impromptu porch parties. And then when I am able to enjoy my porch alone swinging on my swing, reading.

9. Spring street parties in the historic districts.

10. Joe Cain Day Parade- this year I got to ride for the first time as a guest of a friend. I looked out into the crowd along the whole route and there were happy faces everywhere! What most impressed me was how packed they were in the Broad Street/Spring Hill area (20 deep at least) but everyone was happy. It was a great experience as a Mobilian.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Alabama > Mobile area