Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2020, 02:49 AM

10,021 posts, read 8,646,805 times

Advertisements

The Morgan County Democrat (Versailles, Mo) June 30, 1905 Pg2

ON A CHARGE OF FORGERY

Clinton, Mo., Jun 26.-- Thomas M. Casey, cashier of the Salmon & Salmon bank, has been arrested on a charge of forging two notes aggregating $10,000, preferred by W.M. Stevens.
Casey had hypothecated the original notes in Kansas City, and copies were found in the bank here by Bank Examiner Cook.
Casey is a son of the late George M. Casey, known as "The cattle king of Missouri."
The Salmon bank affairs are in a deplorable condition, and it is feared the creditors will realize little.

End Of The Civil War And Its Guerrilla Warfare

https://ccheadliner.com/opinion/moza...8dc42ab7b.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 10:56 AM

St. Louis April 17, 1901

Dennis McCarthy, John Conley and Lewis Curran, prisoners at the Four Courts, charged with highway robbery were captured after a running fight at 3 o'clock Tuesday morning by the police of the Fourth District.
Conley was positively identified in connection with one robbery and McCarthy and Curran with two.

Sam Davis

https://thelibrary.org/lochist/perio...6/N12/s79g.htm

Old 03-13-2020, 03:11 PM

The Mansfield Mirror (Wright County) October 7, 1915

ROBERTSON GETS UNRULY

Walter Robertson, who was convicted at the April term of the circuit court on a charge of burglarizing the store of J.D. Reynolds of Mansfield, and who broke jail while awaiting trial, is giving the authorities of Boonville a lot of trouble.
While in line coming from his march from his daily work he broke ranks and ran to the thickets on the Missouri river at Boonville and hid.
During the night he broke into one of the buildings on the school grounds and took a suit of one of the officers clothes and left. He was apprehended at a straw stack the next day and after a fierce fight was overpowered and returned to the school.

Old 03-13-2020, 08:06 PM

The Marble Hill Press May 25, 1911 Pg7

GOVERNOR FREES PAIR

Jefferson City.-- Governor Hadley paroled from the penitentiary John Haslip, sentenced to 50 years for the murder of his wife, and Lewis Martin, convicted of robbery in the first degree, to eight years.

Nixie fighters 1911

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/2570...post-dispatch/

Old 03-14-2020, 05:54 AM

The State Journal (Jefferson City) July 24, 1874 Pg5

Some $10 worth of tools belonging to the Osage Iron Works were stolen from the warehouse of the establishment last week.

The St. Joseph Observer November 4, 1922 Pg5

Raymond Cook alias Frank Suddarth, was held for preliminary hearing by Justice Wilson Thursday, on the charge of passing a worthless check.

Jesse James Shot Dead April 3, 1882

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/1888...es-is-shot-to/

Old 03-14-2020, 06:44 AM

297 posts, read 178,023 times
I hope I'm not committing the sin of going into off topic territory by posting this , but can it be said that the legacy of outlaw history in Missouri has anything to do with the present day phenomenon of rural drug ( particularly meth ) production/distribution in that state ?

I realize that ( according to DEA reports at least ) domestic meth production in the US has severely declined since 2006 , however Missouri was one of the top meth producing states at one point , with it being allegedly one of the first states outside of California to have a significant number of meth labs as far back as the 80s which is why I'm asking .

Old 03-14-2020, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post
I hope I'm not committing the sin of going into off topic territory by posting this , but can it be said that the legacy of outlaw history in Missouri has anything to do with the present day phenomenon of rural drug ( particularly meth ) production/distribution in that state ?

I realize that ( according to DEA reports at least ) domestic meth production in the US has severely declined since 2006 , however Missouri was one of the top meth producing states at one point , with it being allegedly one of the first states outside of California to have a significant number of meth labs as far back as the 80s which is why I'm asking .
I'm not sure why Missouri always leads the nation in meth labs and puppy mills.

Old 03-14-2020, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
I'm not sure why Missouri always leads the nation in meth labs and puppy mills.

Is puppy mills a slang term for pill mills ? Or is it another thing entirely ?

Thanks for your response by the way !

Old 03-14-2020, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khan Vozdig View Post
Is puppy mills a slang term for pill mills ? Or is it another thing entirely ?

Thanks for your response by the way !
Here is how Wikipedia describes puppy mills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_mill

Old 03-14-2020, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasfinn View Post
Here is how Wikipedia describes puppy mills.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_mill

Ah I see ...

Thanks for the clarification !
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri