Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2010, 05:49 PM

9,785 posts, read 11,187,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slig View Post
If you worked hard and have done well for yourself as a result we're all happy for you. However, that isn't the case for everyone ....alot of those people are wealthy because they came from wealthy families and received a large inheritance or are being supported by rich relatives.
Like Mark Dayton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2010, 06:05 PM

129 posts, read 191,847 times
Quote:
If you think Edina is pretentious, you should check out some of the Atlanta suburbs. Every subdivision has walls and gates with security guards around them, and everyone drives monster SUVs, Porsches or Lexus (or Porsche/Lexus monster SUVs). It is sickening.
You are sooooo much more compassionate and progressive than those people!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 07:02 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,862,215 times
I heard Emmer eats alot of cake.

Old 08-12-2010, 07:28 PM

129 posts, read 191,847 times
^Fat boy in a little coat!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueMinnesotanMan123 View Post
Exactly right, I live in Edina and the only arrogance I have ever expirienced is "The reffs only hate us because we're from edina." And for the most part, its true. Everyone hates Edina because we usually have more than them (not trying to be cocky but its true) but you have to realize that we didn't get this handed to us... If we have more than what you have that means we worked harder than you... bottom line. Not my fault that I worked harder than haters and live in a wealthier place.

Print off this link and show it to those uneducated refs!

As it turns out in 2006, Edina was in 15th place in per capita MN income. See List of Minnesota locations by per capita income - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You guys are slacking and letting down the former Edina hard working residence. Work smarter and get back to work you under-achievers! Too many of you are resting on your laurels and we Minnesotans will strip you of the previously earned "Cake Eater" reputation.

Woodland, MN are the real hard workers that gets this coveted trophy (see below)!

Old 08-13-2010, 05:27 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,029,254 times
So I guess it's time for all those cake eater haters to get over it and fill their hate needs with something else or somewhere else to hate. This is getting real old and tedious.

Old 08-13-2010, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbria View Post
So I guess it's time for all those cake eater haters to get over it and fill their hate needs with something else or somewhere else to hate. This is getting real old and tedious.
Correct. You are no longer at the top. It's time for our class envy / jealousy to focus on Woodland MN. If we cannot keep up income wise, we will just TAX THEM!

Don't feel left out. In today's world of political correctness, no one is a loser. We could only give out 10 1st place Grey Poupon's. So 15th place gets this smaller yet impressive trophy:

Old 08-13-2010, 06:02 PM

302 posts, read 727,782 times
Sorry, I have to chime in. I LOVE Minnesota but what is with all this arrogance?? "I'm a cake eater...I live in Edina!"..."I'm GREAT because I live in the #1 town in America - Eden Prairie". Really?? I'm from L.A. and while I absolutely LOVE Minneapolis I DESPISE the snobbery of so many who live in the Cities. There is more snobbery in some Minneapolis suburbs than Beverly Hills, Bell Air and Malibu COMBINED. I NEVER heard people in L.A. say "oh I'm a cake eater" (and I lived there my ENTIRE life - 30+ years before relocating here). Yes...I am saying it...people in Beverly Hills are more humble than people in Edina....AND Eden Prairie....and a few other suburbs I won't name. When I first moved here, two of my coworkers - one from Eden Prairie and one a self-proclaimed "cake eater" from Edina - loved to brag about their neighborhoods. Not being from Minnesota, I had NEVER heard of EITHER of these two places (sorry Edinans and Eden Prairie-ites...I even thought Edina was pronounced E-Deena...woopsie!...BIG Faux Pas to a "cake eater"). So I went to check them out...ummm....they are "nice suburbs" but what's the big deal?? Seriously? They are SUBURBS with chain restaurants and not a lot of character (and I wasn't too impressed with 50th and France either). They look similar to any middle class suburb in L.A. at 1/10th of the cost! Again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about Minnesota, but when it comes to suburban snobbery PLEASE GET OVER YOURSELVES...you CAN'T compete in that arena (although I know you TRY REALLY HARD!). They are just nice neighborhoods. If you want to brag...brag about your lakes and nature and high quality of life and lack of traffic (yes really...except during road construction) and tons of parking spaces...and even your snow and winters (all reasons why this Californian loves it here)!

Old 08-13-2010, 06:30 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,809,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSMCGirl View Post
Sorry, I have to chime in. I LOVE Minnesota but what is with all this arrogance?? "I'm a cake eater...I live in Edina!"..."I'm GREAT because I live in the #1 town in America - Eden Prairie". Really?? I'm from L.A. and while I absolutely LOVE Minneapolis I DESPISE the snobbery of so many who live in the Cities. There is more snobbery in some Minneapolis suburbs than Beverly Hills, Bell Air and Malibu COMBINED. I NEVER heard people in L.A. say "oh I'm a cake eater" (and I lived there my ENTIRE life - 30+ years before relocating here). Yes...I am saying it...people in Beverly Hills are more humble than people in Edina....AND Eden Prairie....and a few other suburbs I won't name. When I first moved here, two of my coworkers - one from Eden Prairie and one a self-proclaimed "cake eater" from Edina - loved to brag about their neighborhoods. Not being from Minnesota, I had NEVER heard of EITHER of these two places (sorry Edinans and Eden Prairie-ites...I even thought Edina was pronounced E-Deena...woopsie!...BIG Faux Pas to a "cake eater"). So I went to check them out...ummm....they are "nice suburbs" but what's the big deal?? Seriously? They are SUBURBS with chain restaurants and not a lot of character (and I wasn't too impressed with 50th and France either). They look similar to any middle class suburb in L.A. at 1/10th of the cost! Again, I LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about Minnesota, but when it comes to suburban snobbery PLEASE GET OVER YOURSELVES...you CAN'T compete in that arena (although I know you TRY REALLY HARD!). They are just nice neighborhoods. If you want to brag...brag about your lakes and nature and high quality of life and lack of traffic (yes really...except during road construction) and tons of parking spaces...and even your snow and winters (all reasons why this Californian loves it here)!

Amen! and a 1000 reps [from a former Floridian] I could not wait to see these "exclusive" areas - I kept looking - because certainly it could not be what I was seeing. Alas, it was.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:40 PM

Location: The Flagship City and Vacation in the Paris of Appalachia
2,773 posts, read 3,862,215 times
Rock on MSMCGirl, I completely agree and I noticed a similar attitude in Wayzata, where I almost bought a house (until I realized that I would be lower on the social scale since the house wouldn't be on the lake). I am just kidding, we were actually outbid on the house and for me I wasn't hung up on one area, I looked in many areas and worked on getting the house in the right area, for the right price. Don't get me wrong, I love Lake Minnetonka, but who cares if you live on this lake or any other lake around the Twin Cities? In fact, I am really into boating and I will be on my boat tomorrow, but there seems to be a certain stigma about having a house or boat on Minnetonka as opposed to the other lakes in the Twin Cities. I say let them eat cake and I will be happy in my little slice of America that is not in Edina or on Lake Minnetonka.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul