Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul
 [Register]
Minneapolis - St. Paul Twin Cities
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-12-2019, 03:49 PM

5,831 posts, read 7,710,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faranbrygo View Post
I was actually guilty of the same. As a child, I often repeated things I heard on cartoons, and some character had gone on a tear about "No-good, cotton-pickin'" something or other. I grew up hearing the phrase but it wasn't until I was being educated that I realized what the pejorative "cotton picking" meant. I ceased use after that and examined other colloquialisms for similar origin and adjusted my personal lexicon accordingly.
Are you saying that you believe she’s not responsible for her actions because she has the mind of a child? Do you feel that way because she’s black, because she’s a woman, or both?

It would seem that you still don’t fully think through the implications of what you say.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:08 PM

3,784 posts, read 5,327,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenfield View Post
Are you saying that you believe she’s not responsible for her actions because she has the mind of a child? Do you feel that way because she’s black, because she’s a woman, or both?

It would seem that you still don’t fully think through the implications of what you say.
I would rep you again, Glenfield, but C-D tells me to spread it around.

No, he is saying that as a resident of the SF Bay area, he is also lacking in intellectual capacity, just like Ilhan.

Again, I love how left coast liberals absolutely adore Islam. When Islam gets a small foothold in the USA, then Muslim goals will be more fully realized.

And I challenge any liberal, even the left coasters, to name a single Muslim majority country that holds to liberal ideals.

The issue is that the Muslims do not appear to be integrating too well into USA culture.

Somali police officer shoots ACROSS his partner's lap at woman dressed in pajamas simply because she rapped on the side of the squad car to get their attention. She was the one who called them to come check out a disturbance. He has rightly been charged with murder.

Now we get one of the two Muslims in Congress making stupid statements nearly daily. Roseanne Barr was fired from her sitcom for a comment on the level with Omar's. Ilhan Omar should resign since it is clear she doesn't "get it".

When I see a large group of Somali Americans converting away from Islam, to any other religion, then I will believe that they "get it".

Last edited by Teak; 02-12-2019 at 04:18 PM..

Old 02-12-2019, 08:07 PM

35,061 posts, read 17,006,525 times
Quote:
If it wasn’t her second apology in three weeks for anti-Semitic tropes I might be willing to say she just made a mistake but the frequency with which she posts that stuff tells me that she can’t hide her true feelings. The only one I saw who outright supported her today was David Duke, not exactly a great endorsement. She is a disgrace.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.1725961a0619
What's really a disgrace is that the Democratic Party didn't pull their support from her in the election campaign, as Ronald Reagan did from David Dukes when he ran for Louisiana Governor or Senator, I forget which.

Old 02-13-2019, 07:35 AM

64 posts, read 40,495 times
Quote:

Wow, straw man and casual fallacies, then follow up with an ad hominem trying to be clever, based on your casual straw man.

I said *I*, not she. If you can't tell the difference between us, peanut, you need to stop swimming in the deep end of the pool, or at least put your water wings on. At least you're somewhat clumsy in your dishonesty(had you been more able, you could have at least noted the anecdotal nature of my statement). Of course, seeing who buys into your Fox News level screed will help me identify some of the real gems here.

Keep shoveling your slander for your bigoted board buddies, though. I would hate to have my assessment of your character come up wrong.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Wow, straw man and casual fallacies, then follow up with an ad hominem trying to be clever, based on your casual straw man.

I said *I*, not she. If you can't tell the difference between us, peanut, you need to stop swimming in the deep end of the pool, or at least put your water wings on. At least you're somewhat clumsy in your dishonesty(had you been more able, you could have at least noted the anecdotal nature of my statement). Of course, seeing who buys into your Fox News level screed will help me identify some of the real gems here.

Keep shoveling your slander for your bigoted board buddies, though. I would hate to have my assessment of your character come up wrong.
Nice try but you wouldn’t have told that story if you didn’t think it related to Omar’s issues. As to being bigoted, you’re the one taking time to defend the anti-Semite. Or maybe you don’t think that’s bigotry because, you know, they’re Jews.

Last edited by Glenfield; 02-13-2019 at 10:07 AM..

Old 02-13-2019, 10:25 AM

413 posts, read 323,616 times
Quote:
Nice try but you wouldn’t have told that story if you didn’t think it related to Omar’s issues. As to being bigoted, you’re the one taking time to defend the anti-Semite. Or maybe you don’t think that’s bigotry because, you know, they’re Jews.

Did you know that most of the letters of his name are an anagram for "aryan bro"?

Old 02-13-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsFan1975 View Post
Did you know that most of the letters of his name are an anagram for "aryan bro"?
Makes sense now.

Old 02-13-2019, 12:10 PM

64 posts, read 40,495 times
Quote:
Wow, you're not even a *good* liar. You're just a liar. I would ask if it stresses you to make that **** up, but it's obvious to me at this point that you'll squat and produce just about anything to salve your ego and reinforce your own position, however stupid, untenable, and evidence-free it is.

Again, the irony of people like you feigning any empathy whatsoever with my people is laughable. I might suggest you stop using my people as a means of attack -- it's offensive as well as dishonest.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:46 PM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Quote:
Yeah, some of the posters around here are one sheet shy of a rally.

I always find it amusing that Republican/conservative posters get outraged at left-leaning incidents of alleged anti-semitism, innocent or genuine. I suspect it's more being angry that other people are intruding on one of their favorite sports than anything else.

I especially enjoy the overt hypocrisy with which the conservative religious posters decry legislators of non-christian nature, as if their own filthy party hasn't been LITERALLY forcing their own religion into law for decades.

Quote:
I was actually guilty of the same. As a child, I often repeated things I heard on cartoons, and some character had gone on a tear about "No-good, cotton-pickin'" something or other. I grew up hearing the phrase but it wasn't until I was being educated that I realized what the pejorative "cotton picking" meant. I ceased use after that and examined other colloquialisms for similar origin and adjusted my personal lexicon accordingly.

I gotta side with Glenfield; there’s no straw-man, casual fallacies, or lies in his comments. You stated you were guilty of THE SAME. You obviously are comparing your SAME racism with Omar’s racism.

Old 02-13-2019, 05:49 PM

588 posts, read 562,511 times
Quote:

Can’t give you any rep, so I’ll give you a
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Minnesota > Minneapolis - St. Paul