Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 10:02 AM

6,351 posts, read 21,547,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Hardee's outside of Langley AFB in Virginia. I know it's a chain fast food place but BOY, them breakfast bacon biscuits, fried chicken, mashed potatoes. MMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad that when i move to KY there will be Hardees. Thank you Jesus!!!!!!!!
Sorry, Alanboy 395, Hardees is right down there alonside "Anthony's World's Greasiest Pizza" for me. But I miss Langley and the 71 FS! (Well maybe Hardee's Frisco Melt ain't too bad...)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2008, 02:42 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,608,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gumbo31 View Post
When I was in Korea, Osan AB there was this little dirty buffett place with the grill on the table. You pick your own meat which was little strips of bulgogi (beef), or pork then you cook it and roll it up in lettuce with rice, kimchi, and some spicy sauces. It was only like 7000 won which is about $7. Good Times!
That is wonderful food

Old 09-04-2008, 03:08 PM

2,061 posts, read 4,138,772 times
Two places make my top list~ one was bbq at a little stand outside Memphis NAS millington in the 60's~ the other was A chinese place just out of Moffet NAS in mt. View calif. in the 70's. Ihave no idea if either is still there as both bases are gone but would drive there to get the food if possible

Old 09-04-2008, 03:46 PM

96 posts, read 377,187 times
ahh i have so many. when i was in naples my fav was Angelos right outside the agano gates. the true name was actually Angelas but because of the waiter, whose name i forgot was so nice, people thought it was his resturant and his name was angelo. i think the guy was actually german, anywho, i still think about my fav dish from there. there was another resturant called old friends but i thought the food was mediocre, but its a buzzname in italy for americans.

in hawaii i had a few, one was downtown in waikiki, right across the street from red lobster. it was an itallian resturant and i cant remember the name but it had the best carbonara ever and this clam soup dish was soooo yummy. me and the hubby would drive for an hour with traffic just to go there.

in japan we went to this chinese resturant. dont know the name cause it was in kanjii but they had some good ass chinese food. it was in a mall called more's city mal 8th floor i think.

maybe if i get super rich ill visit this places again, and maybe steal a few recipes heheheh

Old 09-04-2008, 03:49 PM

96 posts, read 377,187 times
oh another spot in italy was ROAD KILL. if anyone was stationed in naples yall know what i mean. it was just this chicken stand on the side of the road that cooked whole chicken via rotating rotisserie and had these yummy ass fries with secret sauce drenched all over the chicken and fries. the idea was to get wasted or go clubbin. drive by road kill and pig out and pass out at the barracks....mmmm i miss that chicken

Old 09-04-2008, 04:51 PM

5,701 posts, read 24,175,427 times
Near Lackland AFB, by Marback road a Mexican restaurant called Los Panchos was the BOM. All you can eat and the waiter serve your 2nd round of entree. Very inexpensive, but superb flavor.

Old 09-05-2008, 01:32 PM

6,351 posts, read 21,547,484 times
I'm ashamed to admit that I've forgotten the name of that wonderful place, but when the 22nd Fighter Squadron was deployed from Bitburg AB, Germany to Decimomannu, Sardinia, this place was our "official" squadron restaurant. They made AWESOME Calzones and would even send us back to Germany with our aircraft travel pods stuffed with fresh ones!

Old 09-06-2008, 12:06 PM

1,222 posts, read 4,608,006 times
Doc's BBQ stand near RAF Mildenhall UK, also the kebab stand there

Old 09-06-2008, 02:24 PM

42 posts, read 183,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crew Chief View Post
Gentleart's post about the Fayetteville Biscuit Kitchen got me thinking; we need a thread to talk about our favorite eating spots near current or past assignments.
ewww. we hated that place

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWademan View Post
Near Ft. Sill, OK you could drive thru the Wichta Mountain reserve, while driving past Longhorn cattle and waiting for the Buffalo to move off the road(I had a chevette at the time, they were bigger than the car) you would come to a place called Meers. Had a longhorn burger that was bigger than the plate, great food.
We loved Meers. We were stationed at Sheppard AFB in Wichita Falls and went up there a lot.

Outside Seymour Johnson AFB, Goldsboro, NC is Wilbur's BBQ. It's eastern NC vinegar BBQ at it's finest.

When we were stationed at Randolph AFB, TX it was all about the little hole in the wall Mexican places. I can't remember the name of the one place that was our favorite, but I was scared to go in the first time. It looked just like somewhere you'd get food poisoning but it turned out to be delicious!
Rudy's BBQ is a great place to eat around Randolph. It's where we fell in love with good Texas brisket.

Old 09-06-2008, 08:14 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,770,679 times
When I was in Norfolk, VA, a dive, a hole in the wall called Frenchy's, on Tidewater, I think. Waitress was French for real, could make some killer Mexican coffee. Two and someone else had to drive me home!

And down in Chesapeake was a Jewish deli, had absolutely the best reuben I've ever had, on marble rye bread, gosh, haven't thought about that place in too many years.

And out on Wilson Blvd from the Pentagon back in 73-74 was a place that did the Philly Cheese Steak sammiches, to die for. Yeow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Military Life and Issues