Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:29 PM

54 posts, read 53,589 times

Advertisements

Well, I figured to start a positive forum after reading the What is it with these people thread.

That thread was explaining how nothing but negativity is on the Michigan forum, so i'm starting this!

-So here we are: let people know the positive things about MI. Say anything, put pictures if you like, etc.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2010, 01:36 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,927,746 times
I am totally pumped about this spring and summer!! we have camping trips planned all over Michigan, and I cant wait to get going!! I cannot even tell you how badly I need to get to get my U.P fix on!! Its not until you see every part of this state, that you realize how absolutely amazing it really is! Get out there people!!

STAY OFF THIS THREAD NEGATIVE NELLIES!!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:38 PM

I cant wait until summer either!!

My family goes all over MI every summer

Just haven't been to the western UP yet.

And, I don't know about all of MI, but here in Monroe, were supposed to warm up soon, can't wait!!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:40 PM

447 posts, read 1,249,189 times
I live in the place with the 2nd highest well-being index in a recent Gallup Poll. How could I possibly not like that!! Michigan is simply awesome. The current "adjustments" will pass. Everything is cyclical and we will be on top again soon! In the meatime, more room for you and me!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltluke View Post
I cant wait until summer either!!

My family goes all over MI every summer

Just haven't been to the western UP yet.

And, I don't know about all of MI, but here in Monroe, were supposed to warm up soon, can't wait!!
We are going to the Porcupine Mtns. for 10 days...my first trip there! Soo psyched!!

Old 02-24-2010, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
We are going to the Porcupine Mtns. for 10 days...my first trip there! Soo psyched!!

Let us know how it is after your done!!

I've never been there either!

And, yeah, I think that our current "adjustments" will pass, just gotta be paitent.

But I think even if MI has a bad economy and all, as long as you have a stable job, I still think it's still up there for being one of the best states!

Last edited by rltluke; 02-24-2010 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-24-2010, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rltluke View Post
Let us know how it is after your done!!

I've never been there either!

And, yeah, I think that our current "adjustments" will pass, just gotta be paitent.

But I think even if MI has a bad economy and all, as long as you have a stable job, I still think it's up there for being one of the best states!

Oh, I know I wont want to leave! My wife works with a few people who went last year and both said it is their favorite place on earth!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Oh, I know I wont want to leave! My wife works with a few people who went last year and both said it is their favorite place on earth!

This is why we needed the Positive forum!

People that don't live here probably think this state is the worst! All people talk about is how bad it is here (which half the people only think that the state is a bad state just because of the economy, they don't consider anything else)

Keep the Positivity comming!!

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,079,049 times
River Days to return to riverfront | freep.com | Detroit Free Press (http://www.freep.com/article/20100224/ENT/100224038/1318/River-Days-to-return-to-riverfront - broken link)

Old 02-24-2010, 02:34 PM

As we were going to the RV show in Birch Run last weekend the sun was coming in the window and it was hot. I told her to turn the heat off...she said the heat was not on, so I had to roll the window down. I told her you know its almost spring when this happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan