Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 07:00 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,910,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
You forgot the Detroit area (only 50% of the state's population), Lansing, Jackson, Benton Harbor-St. Joe, K'zoo and northern MI. Pretty much 90% of the state. With the exception of maybe Ann Arbor or Grand Rapids, Michigan deserves its Rust Belt reputation. There are no jobs. Period.
Theres not? A good friend of mine just got hired at Hemlock Semiconducter. Starts next week making good money, raises every 90 days. Must be lyin to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2010, 01:37 PM

54 posts, read 53,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Theres not? A good friend of mine just got hired at Hemlock Semiconducter. Starts next week making good money, raises every 90 days. Must be lyin to me.
Lol. I think it depends on what part of the state you go to and what kinda job your interested in (lumber, auto, etc)

But, I think if you look hard enough, you'll find a job, especially if your desperate.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:05 PM

1,012 posts, read 2,562,811 times
Quote:
one job, out like 10-million people in the state and DECLINING??????? oooooohhhh. I'll make sure to pass all these 'saved or created' jobs to the Dept of Labor and the Obamie Administration.

Old 02-21-2010, 04:13 PM

2,368 posts, read 5,111,517 times
Jobs don't come from the economy, they come from knowing people. I was offered a job for the city of Detroit recently, though I think I'm going to head to a warmer climate, as much as I love Detroit.

Don't worry though, I'll always come back!

Old 02-22-2010, 04:30 PM

I hope when you say "Detroit" that your not talking specifically about "Detroit"

-How can anybody love Detroit?!?! Lol.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:01 PM

Everyone: I posted "The Michigan POSITIVE forum"

Go check it out and post what you like!

There's also some pictures on there!

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 AM

121 posts, read 175,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zraupp10 View Post
Michigan sucks, theres no work, your lucky if yo work @ McD's!
every1 is moving out and or going into the Army and there is still no work, I'm Moving out as soon as a Grad from High school and Tech school!
Don't move here! it sucks, theres no work!

Good bye.....one less negative person left in the state. Have a good life.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:26 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,910,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krock1dk View Post
one job, out like 10-million people in the state and DECLINING??????? oooooohhhh. I'll make sure to pass all these 'saved or created' jobs to the Dept of Labor and the Obamie Administration.
Gotta start somewhere! Actually, all the people who worked at the shop I used to work at, which closed over a year ago, now have good jobs. Thats pretty darn good, and just shows you HAVE to be positive and keep at it. Usually if you do this good things will happen. Are you saying there are 10 million unemployed people in Michigan??

Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 AM

258 posts, read 1,004,577 times
Theres no jobs in this state, we lose the most people, have the highest unemployment, and it snows 5 months out of the year in Traverse City so no I wouldnt move to Traverse City unless you plan to invest alot in a snowmobile, because yeah those break down too, put $1000 into mine last year alone.

Old 02-25-2010, 09:45 AM

258 posts, read 1,001,061 times
Quote:
I have to agree with you "moldman". Last winter I ended up spending the whole winter at my small cottage in Alcona County - one of the highest unemployment areas of the state and a very depressed economy. I knew I'd be a nut case by the end of the winter if I didn't get some sort of job. By being proactive and asking everywhere, I landed a job in a Veterinary Clinic in Alpena as an assistant and marketing "guru". I think there are jobs if a person has some skills/qualifications and goes for it agressively. My BS in Animal Husbandry and considerable livestock and small animal experience didn't hurt, either!

Now if I could get my lower Michigan farm sold, I'd probably move up there full time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan