Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 01:37 PM

63 posts, read 280,339 times

Advertisements

Adler2u wrote:
******We are focusing on the positives, trying to get out. The grass is greener on the other side [south] people who focus on the positive of an awful situation have no way out so have to find something good even if they have to manufacture it. I don't hate Michigan, but it is not the best place to live in the us.
buy the book "where to retire in the us.
and you will find that Michigan and Wisconsin, Minnesota are not among any of the states that are listed to be.
They say right in the book, the northern states do not have the weather to give good quality of life. the weather cuts to short the time one has to enjoy the any out side activities.
If you are a couch potato then it does not mater.
There is a big population move to the Carolinas,virg., Arkansas,tenn, Ky,Texas, Florida,Georgia. millions of people cant be wrong.******

We sure are going against the tide, then, since we plan to move to MI in a couple of years. <g> Here's just another take on one of those "Exodus destinations" you mentioned......We have family in Florida. Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte, Ft. Meyers. OMG you couldn't pay me to live there. Congested, lots of fast 'n dirty new growth, and HOT. Craptacularly hot to the point that that limits outdoor activity.
I know location is often chosen based on where one can find a job. That's how some of my family ended up in Florida. But the quality of life there....not for me!
Hanne

Old 05-13-2007, 10:20 AM

8,954 posts, read 4,272,063 times
This horse is officially dead now. Thank you all for participating and sharing your opinions.
Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan