Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2008, 05:43 PM

3 posts, read 10,646 times

Advertisements

I just moved to Kalamazoo. I'm a huge NFL fan and a displaced Redskins fan and am looking for a good sports bar in KZOO. By "good sports bar," I mean one with lots of TV's, not one ratty pool table and two TV's.

Anyway, I live within 1.5 miles of Buffalo Wild Wings, Wayside, and Burdick's (Holiday Inn West). I'm hoping one of these three will do...help me out sports fans!

Also, I want to add that I've really enjoyed Kalamzoo so far. The people here have been extremely friendly and helpful whenever I've had a question about the city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2008, 06:35 PM

218 posts, read 507,753 times
Well you just named 3 of the best with Wayside being the biggest.

Old Burdicks downtown in the Radisson Hotel is sweet.

Old 08-09-2008, 07:02 PM

Thanks for the response...

I ate at Old Burdick's in the Holiday Inn the other day, and while the food was good, it didn't seem like they had many TV's...I only saw 4 (unless I missed something).

Where in Wayside is the "sports pit"? I just looked at their website and it appears that there are several rooms/areas/floors. Thanks!

Old 08-10-2008, 11:46 AM

89 posts, read 336,848 times
Here ya go! Shakespeare's Pub downtown at 241 E. Kalamazoo Ave. 48 TV's.
An encore at Shakespeare's - Kalamazoo Gazette Extra - MLive.com

Old 08-10-2008, 12:20 PM

845 posts, read 3,270,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsquirter View Post
Here ya go! Shakespeare's Pub downtown at 241 E. Kalamazoo Ave. 48 TV's.
An encore at Shakespeare's - Kalamazoo Gazette Extra - MLive.com
I agree with Shakespeare's... that's my favorite

Old 08-10-2008, 02:00 PM

32 posts, read 186,093 times
So what brought you to Kalamazoo? I live over in Portage and I agree that Shakespeares and Wayside are great. When going into Wayside you will not miss the sports area... you pretty much look right at the stairs when you walk in.

Burdicks is ok... a little overpriced in my opinion and I think they recently got rid of their pool tables to add more seating. There is basically a wall of TVs in one section of the place, but overall I would say its not the best place to catch a game.

I am a huge NFL fan and recommend Shakespears overall for the food and prices and Wayside overall for the amount of space and TVs. The good thing about Shakespears is the $2.50 pints on Monday night (they have like 30+ beers on tap) and the $3 plates of wings (their wings are really good too).

Old 08-10-2008, 02:02 PM

32 posts, read 186,093 times
In a follow up to my last reply... I was thinking of the Burdicks downtown. I forgot about the one over there at the Holiday Inn, so I can't give any info on that one.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:46 AM

Thank you all for the helpful replies! Sounds like I have a lot of options. I've also heard that Gallagher's shows all of NFL games too. I might check them out as well.

I might start off with one of the places on Stadium Drive, since that's closer to my apt than downtown and I'll be driving to and from the place alone after drinking a few beers.

Rob, I'm here to attend a grad program @WMU.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
View detailed profiles of: