Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 07:01 AM

4,120 posts, read 8,904,258 times

Advertisements

Saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Temple Theatre in Saginaw last night. (Sun) I was expecting a very good show, but I also knew that with him being over 70, not to expect a whole lot.
All I can say is WOW!! Just an incredible show, by an amazing musician! He still sings better than most of the younger singers today! Just being in the presence of such a legend was just awesome! If you ever get a chance to see him before its too late...do it!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2009, 07:40 AM

968 posts, read 2,590,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
Saw Gordon Lightfoot at the Temple Theatre in Saginaw last night. (Sun) I was expecting a very good show, but I also knew that with him being over 70, not to expect a whole lot.
All I can say is WOW!! Just an incredible show, by an amazing musician! He still sings better than most of the younger singers today! Just being in the presence of such a legend was just awesome! If you ever get a chance to see him before its too late...do it!!
nice. That would be a cool show.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:23 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times
Very cool show I bet.

For me the latest good news is that there were good seats left for the Tigers-vs-Red Sox game in June. (One son is a Red Sox fan, I must have raised him wrong) so all of us get to see our favorite teams play and have a great day at the ballpark.

Old 03-16-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Very cool show I bet.

For me the latest good news is that there were good seats left for the Tigers-vs-Red Sox game in June. (One son is a Red Sox fan, I must have raised him wrong) so all of us get to see our favorite teams play and have a great day at the ballpark.

HAHA! Many, many years ago me and my brother used to play this game that involved old baseball cards, keeping stats amd all that. He picked the Tigers as his team, for some reason I picked the Red Sox. I got to know all those older players well, so ever since then I have been A Sox fan. I am still a big Tigers fan, but love the Red Sox.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:24 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,768,741 times
ANOTHER new store is going up on the main drag where I live.

EDIT: My friend's husband lost his job, again. But this time -- although it took him 2 years to find something new last time, and she is no longer running the business that kept them afloat in the meantime -- they are hooked up with some sort of headhunting firm that actually has jobs to offer.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:53 AM

At the latest job fair in my town attendance was the same as last, and many businesses said they got booked for the next year with new jobs.

A buddy of mine who got laid off last year from a factory that builds all kinds of big machines, is getting called back in April because they suddenly went from orders of 14 machines to over 40!

A local radio station tells of job openings in the mornings, and said lately they have been getting more and more.

Oh and just to mention once again because it was so awesome.....I saw Gordon Lightfoot last night!!!

Old 03-18-2009, 01:58 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Anyone living in or thinking of moving to Grand Rapids, with ad agency experience, I know of a company that is hiring (Account Execs, designers, graphics, planners, developers). Send me a message for more info.

(I apologize if this seems like spam).

Old 03-20-2009, 07:38 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,696,158 times
Happy First Day of Spring Michigan.....This is my first spring in Michigan and im excited. I've been here since the end of December...and i loved the snow...My family and i can not wait to go and explore.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 AM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineann View Post
Happy First Day of Spring Michigan.....This is my first spring in Michigan and im excited. I've been here since the end of December...and i loved the snow...My family and i can not wait to go and explore.
You're in for a treat. I'm not sure what part of Michigan you live, but in a lot of areas, the trees and bushes will fill in so thick that it's almost jungle-like (a lot of wetlands in our area here, which helps). Such a contrast to winter. Plus, the blossoms come in waves, starting I think in late April.

I believe Forsythia come out first:

http://images.google.com/images?hl=e...=Search+Images

But don't be surprised if we see a few snowflakes in April, though. No biggie.

Old 03-20-2009, 08:27 AM

Its spring! YEAH!!!
2 new places are opening on our main drag also. A credit union gonna go in place of a car wash that closed last year, and a pizza/game room where a big lots closed down a few years ago. Decent idea, bad location. Sad to say they wont last long.
Oh well. Happy spring!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan