Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-10-2008, 06:08 PM

104 posts, read 375,107 times

Advertisements

One of my great friends is interested in having a home built by them. Just wondering if there was any dish to be had (good or bad) that I could pass on.

TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2008, 09:40 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
Why not call the BBB?

Old 06-12-2008, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzll View Post
Why not call the BBB?
Yes. I'm sure they are covering all their bases to gather info such as contacting the BBB. One of which was to talk to their friends. As her friend, I had no experience so thought I would post to get any feedback I can share. After all, the best scoops are from the actual people around town, no?

Old 06-12-2008, 07:36 AM

2,068 posts, read 5,967,438 times
If I was really concerned for some reason, another thing they might do is to talk to the building inspector. They probably can't say anything specifically pro or con about a builder, but they might be able to offer advice on how to find out who has been satisfied, or not. Maybe they could even give addresses for houses built in the last year by them and your friends could go talk to the owners to see if they have any complaints?

Old 06-17-2008, 08:21 AM

Thanks for the tips! She is like me, totally drawn to info and digging for it,lol.

They are still fact checking but it's looking good. Personally I'm thrilled as they'll be moving closer to us!

Old 07-03-2008, 11:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,200 times
My Fiance and I bought our first home from them last fall and they were absolutely wonderful. I am not sure where your friend is buying but they provided us with all the great upgrades....granite...wood floor....ceramic tile... without the high price. The builder was very professional with us throughout the entire process. Since this was our first purchas I had many, many, many questions, which he was very patient in answering all of them. I also have tons of pictures of the model that we had built(I visited quite often), if your friend is interested. If your friend has some more questions I would be more than happy to offer my experience with them. Overall we are in love with our new home!!! They do beautiful work.

Old 07-04-2008, 12:46 PM

71 posts, read 274,515 times
For wood flooring, I recommend LJ Fuller & Son Floors. You get what you pay for.

Old 07-11-2008, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 6,173 times
What sub did you build in? Was it Cherry Hill Village? We are currently building with Danny and would be interested in any feedback you could provide.

Old 02-14-2014, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,208 times
Looks like this is an old thread, but if anyone has information about building with Danny in CHV, I would love to hear more about it. bschack, would love to hear more about your experience. I can be reached at maria[dot]stieve[at]gmail[dot]com if anyone wants to chat directly! There is just not a lot of info out there about them at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan