Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-15-2016, 07:28 PM

932 posts, read 900,435 times

Advertisements

Can anybody recommend any lead testers for me off amazon or ebay?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2016, 07:43 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,375,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by key2success View Post
Can anybody recommend any lead testers for me off amazon or ebay?
I can give you a link BUT cannot recommend nor suggest it's truthfulness ..given the lies/mis-informations often proclaimed by such systems...So just take this for what it's worth!!

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/s-...-in-water.aspx

There includes testings ..ranging in costs

I sure wish you luck..BUT in reality IF you live within the Flint Mich. area affected ..such costs should be refundable....however..if you just want to protect yourself..especially if have no idea just where you water is coming from..then it's on you..cost wise....I did that back over 20 years ago..in my getaway Trailer..which water came from wells..So added filtration to incoming water to trailer as well as faucet filtrations....Not that I am paranoid..Just being proactive..LOL

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/s-...-in-water.aspx

The one below is the most expensive filtration system ~~

https://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-...romo-pack.aspx

Old 02-16-2016, 04:27 PM

8,882 posts, read 19,861,925 times
This is funny. The Governor's office has now changed its relationship with Michigan Radio, apparently because of their non stop coverage of this issue.

How covering the Flint water crisis has changed Michigan Radio - Columbia Journalism Review

Old 02-17-2016, 07:30 AM

This is what happens in a vacuum of leadership..

Bridge - What Flint Lost

Old 02-17-2016, 11:58 AM

485 posts, read 966,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by magellan View Post
That's an apples to grapes comparison. Snyder's #1 job is to serve the public. This was a failure of leadership on his part, long before the media was coming after him (which I don't how it is compared to an intruder breaking into one's house). He knows it and that's why he hired them, (which one of them is named ironically Mercury LLC.)
Well, I couldn't really put myself in HIS shoes so I took an instance where I might be in trouble and would spend whatever it takes to make sure I am in the LEAST trouble possible. That means getting quality advisors and legal help. I believe anyone in his position, guilty or not guilty, would not simply open the yellow pages to find an attorney/public relations firm. Especially if they have the $$$.

Old 02-17-2016, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyInGreatLakes View Post
Well, I couldn't really put myself in HIS shoes so I took an instance where I might be in trouble and would spend whatever it takes to make sure I am in the LEAST trouble possible. That means getting quality advisors and legal help. I believe anyone in his position, guilty or not guilty, would not simply open the yellow pages to find an attorney/public relations firm. Especially if they have the $$$.
He's the Governor. If he needs the advice of counsel, he should probably resign. If there's even the slightest inkling that he did something this greviously wrong, he should just be out with it and face the piper. People are sick, kids are brain damaged, it's the most disgusting situation you can imagine. A stint in prison is the least he could do to make up just a small portion of the damage he oversaw under his watch. Confess, take your lumps, do your time, let God sort out the details later and just hope and pray that the people you affected will be able to be taken care of by healthcare professionals.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:11 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,425 times
Quote:
He's the Governor. If he needs the advice of counsel, he should probably resign. If there's even the slightest inkling that he did something this greviously wrong, he should just be out with it and face the piper. People are sick, kids are brain damaged, it's the most disgusting situation you can imagine. A stint in prison is the least he could do to make up just a small portion of the damage he oversaw under his watch. Confess, take your lumps, do your time, let God sort out the details later and just hope and pray that the people you affected will be able to be taken care of by healthcare professionals.
Great post! I totally agree with your statements. Snyder can't fix any of this, not really. How do you compensate whole families whose health has been this severely damaged? The whole thing is just terrible.

Old 02-17-2016, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
Great post! I totally agree with your statements. Snyder can't fix any of this, not really. How do you compensate whole families whose health has been this severely damaged? The whole thing is just terrible.
And all of Snyder's statements about staying in office and trying to fix this just ring hollow. It's like listening to a drug addict who was high and just killed an entire family in a car crash, wanting to make things right. Your heartfelt guilt "might" be appreciated, but that does not exonerate you from doing the time for doing the crime.

Old 02-17-2016, 08:15 PM

1,144 posts, read 1,643,425 times
Quote:
And all of Snyder's statements about staying in office and trying to fix this just ring hollow. It's like listening to a drug addict who was high and just killed an entire family in a car crash, wanting to make things right. Your heartfelt guilt "might" be appreciated, but that does not exonerate you from doing the time for doing the crime.
Snyder's high class birthday bash for his wife pretty much reveal where his values are. Sadly, I just don't think he cares much about any of the people who were poisoned.

Old 02-18-2016, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luzette View Post
Snyder's high class birthday bash for his wife pretty much reveal where his values are. Sadly, I just don't think he cares much about any of the people who were poisoned.
I actually truly believe that deep down he thinks he's getting a raw deal out of this. He feels like he and his Emergency Managers came in to "rescue" Flint, but Flint (democrats) screwed it all up, and "this is the thanks I get." Obviously his advisers and his high powered Mercury LLC PR team is telling him to never say those things out loud, but I'd bet my last $Million that he thinks he's getting blamed for everyone else's screwups. Except that he very much had his hands in this mess, and he knows there's an email trail that would burn him down if it ever gets out. His sleepless nights are more related to what will happen if he ever gets caught than they are related to poisoned citizens.

It will only take one person though from his staff to quit and then blow the whistle on everything. I have my bets on a couple of people... Will they be protected by the Whisteblower laws, or will Snyder repeal those and go after them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan