Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2013, 08:32 AM

10 posts, read 11,000 times

Advertisements

Hello all,

I visited Michigan last October and fell in love with the state. I visited the Grand Rapids/Holland area and came away very impressed. I am now very interested in moving to Michigan (I currently am working in Atlanta). I am an accounting major who will be finishing with my masters degree in December. I have done a lot of research on Michigan accounting firms. I was just wondering if any of you all knew of any accounting firms that consistently hire the fresh out of college crowd. Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2013, 08:50 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,278,643 times
All of the Big Four regularly hire (Deloitte, PwC, EY and KPMG) college grads each year. In addition, Plante Moran is HQ in Michigan and has multiple offices throughout the state. They're always on the Fortune Best Companies to Work for List. Grant Thorton and Baker Tilly also have a presence, as do many of the smaller firms. Public accounting has one of the lowest unemployment rates, so as long as your GPA is above a 3.3, and you present well (i.e. have a polished image), you won't have any trouble landing a job. Many of the firms hire in advance, so I would suggest contacting all of them now for a January start date - as most have 1-2 hiring windows a year. Good luck!

http://www.accountantsandcpafirms.co.../grand-rapids/

Old 06-12-2013, 09:07 AM

Thank you! All of your suggestions are excellent. My GPA is around 3.8 and I have done two internships. Hopefully, that will make the job search a little easier.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:34 AM

1,648 posts, read 3,278,643 times
Some of the larger firms hire out of one office and staff another (e.g. Deloitte hires most new hires through Detroit - and then you go to Midland or Grand Rapids) so just something to keep in mind. Don't rule out interviewing in Detroit for a GR gig. With that GPA you should have no problem. I'd get on it pronto!

Old 06-12-2013, 11:59 AM

Thanks, again. I've already contacted several firms in the Grand Rapids area. However, I would certainly consider Metro Detroit as well. Each city is awesome in its own way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan