Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 12:41 PM

210 posts, read 499,404 times

Advertisements

Hello! I am interested how do you see the future of your great state; is it sunny and nice or do you think the state will decline? Do you see new businesses coming and life gets better? I want to make MI my home. I am willing to contribute to make it a better place but I am not the one who can change it; we need effort of many and favorable business conditions. What do you see now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2012, 01:02 PM

4,120 posts, read 8,908,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede in CA View Post
Hello! I am interested how do you see the future of your great state; is it sunny and nice or do you think the state will decline? Do you see new businesses coming and life gets better? I want to make MI my home. I am willing to contribute to make it a better place but I am not the one who can change it; we need effort of many and favorable business conditions. What do you see now?
Michigan is a fantastic state and only gonna get better. I just heard we expect to add well over 100,000 new jobs in the next 2 -3 years. My business is doing very well, and I know of others who are doing very well and growing. I plan on expanding and hiring in the next few years.
Michigan has a very bright future....come on out!

Old 11-23-2012, 01:16 PM

4,647 posts, read 8,610,737 times

What is New Economy Initiative? - YouTube

Based on this, I'm convinced that Michigan definitely will become a better place, if and only if, there's a cooperation among everything ;not just economics and education, but politics and infrastructure. We need to grow out of the 1960s and looking to blame someone for all the problems and actually spend effort on solving them and moving forward.

Old 11-23-2012, 02:20 PM

55 posts, read 283,779 times
I'm pretty positive Michigan is on the upswing. I have no fancy charts and data but that's what I'm seeing.

Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 PM

21,172 posts, read 19,774,934 times
My psychic is on vacation but I will ask him when he gets back.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:55 AM

3,816 posts, read 6,458,432 times
Michigan lives and dies with the auto industry. Everything here is tied to it in one way or another. If the auto industry is doing well, then so is Michigan. If it isn't......well, we know that story all too well by now. Right now they're doing pretty good, but it's always a roller coaster ride.

It's a fabulous place to live, regardless.

Last edited by Tyryztoll; 11-24-2012 at 06:07 AM..

Old 11-24-2012, 11:57 AM

82 posts, read 300,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Northerner View Post
Michigan lives and dies with the auto industry. Everything here is tied to it in one way or another. If the auto industry is doing well, then so is Michigan. If it isn't......well, we know that story all too well by now. Right now they're doing pretty good, but it's always a roller coaster ride.

It's a fabulous place to live, regardless.
While I agree with this, I think(hope) MI is learning that you can't put all your eggs in the auto basket. The auto industry is, and should be, a source of pride in MI; but future success is in a more diversified economy. GR seems to be on the right track in that sense.

Another thing that ensures a bright future for MI is her natural resources. Starting with fresh water.

Old 11-24-2012, 12:16 PM

3,816 posts, read 6,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Granger View Post
While I agree with this, I think(hope) MI is learning that you can't put all your eggs in the auto basket. The auto industry is, and should be, a source of pride in MI; but future success is in a more diversified economy. GR seems to be on the right track in that sense.

Another thing that ensures a bright future for MI is her natural resources. Starting with fresh water.

If Michigan REALLY wants to ensure a bright future, it needs to find a way to resurrect Detroit city. The potential of that town is absolutley unlimited.......it just needs to climb out of the hole and turn that corner.....somehow......someway.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:53 PM

I mean does it have sense to move out of CA to MI if keep in mind future prospects

Old 11-24-2012, 02:55 PM

People from CA are moving to TX, AZ, NV, OR, WA and so on, but I see that MI is loosing people as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan