Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 01:30 PM

528 posts, read 886,306 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I dont know...I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had 10 rows of Christmas stuff already. I dont like seasons being forced on me this soon. I love Fall like nothing else, and I love winter. But I really do not like Springter........ I said Springter.
Um, could we get through back to school and mebbe Halloween first?

Christmas in July? That's pushing things a bit far... Yeeps...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 03:18 PM

Location: Michigan BAY-BEH!!(Texan by birth, Michigander by choice!!)
183 posts, read 289,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idw2s View Post
(ducking, never tease a Texan about football!)

LMBO! That's SACRILAGE!! Better watch out before lightening strikes you down!!!

(And sometimes they play on astroturf... not grass... yet that's not as much fun to watch IMHO... but I agree about the ponies... I know how much feed costs! We have 2 going to sale this coming weekend because of that!)

Old 07-18-2011, 03:35 PM

275 posts, read 441,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michmoldman View Post
I dont know...I was in Hobby Lobby yesterday and they had 10 rows of Christmas stuff already. I dont like seasons being forced on me this soon. I love Fall like nothing else, and I love winter. But I really do not like Springter........ I said Springter.
Christmas stuff?! That's just twisted.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:38 PM

275 posts, read 441,881 times
Quote:
I think I'm too rural for ToTers this year. Saaaaaaad Faaaaace.
We're in the same boat, and there's no "think" about it for us. We're on a dead end gravel road, off of a gravel road. Halloween will be the one and only day per year that I'll regret that.

Old 07-18-2011, 03:46 PM

Default Halloween solved!

I"m not sure about where ya'll live... but here in our neck of the woods they have Trunk or treating... people set up at the local churches or schools and kids can trick or treat safely in the parking lots! That's what we do!

Old 07-18-2011, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLIZARD View Post
LMBO! That's SACRILAGE!! Better watch out before lightening strikes you down!!!

(And sometimes they play on astroturf... not grass... yet that's not as much fun to watch IMHO... but I agree about the ponies... I know how much feed costs! We have 2 going to sale this coming weekend because of that!)
Ponies for sale? You has more informashun? Pictures? Ponies? Did you say ponies?

Feel free to PM me.

LOL, watch what you say about that lightening, it almost did! We were going to have Family Hedonism Night tonight, since it's my husband's first out of town trip for his new job. I needed club soda to make salty lime sodas, but the storm beat us home. My kids were so brave, it was insane! Cover your ears loud, big, blinding (close!) flashes and I was parked as close as I could get to the porch. We waited to run in between lightening strikes. They were like wide-eyed little ghosts, and then when we got inside we all burst out laughing.

My son had to paraphrase a line from Castle "for reasons too disturbing to mention, that was fun"... Lol. Never want to do that again, but there's something about fearing for your life (even if you are Chicken Little) and surviving.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Wojo View Post
We're in the same boat, and there's no "think" about it for us. We're on a dead end gravel road, off of a gravel road. Halloween will be the one and only day per year that I'll regret that.
LOL, no, I'll regret it at Christmas too:

http://wee5peeps.smugmug.com/photos/...-Dgkh7Kr-M.jpg

http://wee5peeps.smugmug.com/photos/...-pMJj5dV-M.jpg

http://wee5peeps.smugmug.com/photos/...-MQgQdpb-M.jpg

http://wee5peeps.smugmug.com/photos/...-7s5tFpW-M.jpg

If someone ever creates Holidays Anonymous, I'm in big trouble... We sold most of our furniture, you know what our moving van was filled with? Holiday decorations, toys, books, and kitchen stuff. I have a shelf full of cookie cutters and cake decorating supplies and the like. And two shelves of cookbooks and craft/sewing books.

I have a wee bit of a problem.

Well, if MMM hosts the pool party, I'll host Halloween.

Old 07-18-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Ponies for sale? You has more informashun? Pictures? Ponies? Did you say ponies?

They are still at our place in Texas. We have 7 horses and 6 donkies... My father in law tends them now that we aren't there but it's getting high dollar to buy feed and hay. There's NO rain there and hay is soooo expensive right now. My mare had a colt this spring and we are selling her (the colt) and the stud that caused it! LOL. I had a few friends offer to buy them but they don't wanna give me what they are worth because of the same reason we are selling them.. too expensive to feed them.
We are also selling 4 of the donkies... keeping 2 to keep the coyotes away... they don't eat as much but are still more mouths than we need to be feeding! LOL

Old 07-18-2011, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I"m not sure about where ya'll live... but here in our neck of the woods they have Trunk or treating... people set up at the local churches or schools and kids can trick or treat safely in the parking lots! That's what we do!
They had that in St. Louis when we were visiting my girlfriend last fall... No fun in that. Safe, but no fun. You can't make a graveyard and flying gauze ghosts on the trunk of a car, and you sure as heck can't have a normal sized witch and a giant cat looking out the upstairs windows.

Darn criminals, they take all the fun out of childhood....

Old 07-18-2011, 04:46 PM

Quote:
They are still at our place in Texas. We have 7 horses and 6 donkies... My father in law tends them now that we aren't there but it's getting high dollar to buy feed and hay. There's NO rain there and hay is soooo expensive right now. My mare had a colt this spring and we are selling her (the colt) and the stud that caused it! LOL. I had a few friends offer to buy them but they don't wanna give me what they are worth because of the same reason we are selling them.. too expensive to feed them.
We are also selling 4 of the donkies... keeping 2 to keep the coyotes away... they don't eat as much but are still more mouths than we need to be feeding! LOL
Ya, people complain about the price of hay here, they have NO idea. I paid $14-16/bale for compressed grass hay and alfalfa. 100lb bales, but still. Yipes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Michigan