Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 08:43 PM

317 posts, read 819,278 times

Advertisements

My lease is up soon and I'm making a move to the downtown area. I'm looking to stay within a few blocks either East or West (Preferably East) of Biscayne Blvd anywhere from the American Airlines Arena and Bayside area, which is NE 7th St and anywhere up to about 26th St.

Does anyone know any good rental apartments in the area? My budget is up to 1200 monthly.

Any info is appreciated. Personal experiences living at the location is even better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 06:30 AM

2,987 posts, read 10,131,637 times
There are some new apartment/condo towers and complexes in the area, I have been in one that is just north of the old OMNI. It was nice, stylish, sleak, overpriced...basically, what you would expect. Those places don't have a Miami vibe at all, you could be in any trendy city, usa. Massive parking garages with street level storefronts that have the character of a cardboard box. If that is your thing, and a lot of people actually like that artificial environment, there are many options, just drive or walk around and check them out. Especially along Bayfront Park. It is semi walkable in that area, it is a young crowd...but if you want cheaper you might be able to find some old traditional apartment buildings that haven't been torn down yet. Check out the Miami New Times or craigslist for apartments there if you aren't in the area to go personally.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 AM

I guess not too many people live in downtown miami in this forum.

Old 10-05-2009, 07:24 AM

261 posts, read 703,997 times
I do. I live in the Loft Downtown, also called the Loft 1. My building and the Loft 2 are about the best deals you'll find in Downtown without going to hole in the wall places. Both have 24 Security, and if you don't mind walking a block to the parking garage, I would say go for it.

I have the name of a great apartment broker (no cost to you) if you want to chat with her. She got me the place I'm in now for less than it should be hehe.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjs08 View Post
I do. I live in the Loft Downtown, also called the Loft 1. My building and the Loft 2 are about the best deals you'll find in Downtown without going to hole in the wall places. Both have 24 Security, and if you don't mind walking a block to the parking garage, I would say go for it.

I have the name of a great apartment broker (no cost to you) if you want to chat with her. She got me the place I'm in now for less than it should be hehe.
I'm looking to Rent is it a Rental or buy situation. I drove by a place called Loft3downtown right across from Miami-Dade College. My budget is 1200 max, but closer to 900-1000 is better even if I have to get a studio. Whats the cost there? Im doing a walk thru at the bay parc plaza up the street as well as the opera tower right next door. I have until Dec 1 to find something.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:52 PM

261 posts, read 703,997 times
The Loft 3 is situated right between the Loft 1 and 2...it was scheduled to start construction earlier this year but the economy put a halt to that

I'll write you a personal message with the rest

Old 10-06-2009, 07:47 AM

I've seen Loft 2 before with the metro mover going through it which is pretty cool. Im glad I got the info there are so many hidden jewels in downtown.

Old 10-10-2009, 06:12 PM

29 posts, read 59,888 times
For the person that had the name of the apartment broker:

Please PM me (if possible) with that person's name and number. I tried looking on the internet for some apartment brokers and that d*mn google didn't give me anything.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:56 AM

Default Still Searching

Im still on the search and haven't found something reasonable. Anymore suggestions from any downtown residents. Also do Real Estate agents charge you to find a rental?

Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 PM

46 posts, read 165,438 times
Check One Miami.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
View detailed profiles of: